Nov 23 2012
By: RockCandyGirl Uncharted Territory 1232 posts

Selling an Account?

47 replies 462 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

Not saying I would do this, But for someone like myself, who has acquire a vast amount of purchased goods, both in clothing, games, and whatever, could that person sell the account and name to someone else?

Probably somewhere in the darkest corners of the Sony agreement it probably against the rules, but if someone did this under the radar is it possible?

Just asking, Maybe one day we all want to cash our chips in....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 48 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Selling an Account?

Nov 23, 2012

Yes you can but I wouldn't publicize it. Technically it's not allowed. 

Message 2 of 48 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

You'd be selling people your license to borrow digital content from Sony for whatever period they see fit and that license was only agreed between you and Sony not anyone else. On top of that they class it as gamesharing which is instant/perma ban on the account. Almost all digital content leased by a customer under existing laws can't be traded with another person as well let alone what Sony put in their T&C's. Oh yeah and to top it off fraud would be committed and there's a risk any of your other accounts could get banned cos obv they'll have your real name too..

No in short.

EDIT: What Jo said Smiley Very Happy Sony can't do anything about what they don't know only what they do know Smiley Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 3 of 48 (451 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11067 posts

Nov 23, 2012

RockCandyGirl wrote:

Not saying I would do this, But for someone like myself, who has acquire a vast amount of purchased goods, both in clothing, games, and whatever, could that person sell the account and name to someone else?

Probably somewhere in the darkest corners of the Sony agreement it probably against the rules, but if someone did this under the radar is it possible?

Sure you could, I know it's been done before. However, buyer beware, it's still possible to get your account back even after the log in info has been changed.

The biggest problem you face is the worth and proof of content. You may have for example spent $1000, but that doesn't mean it's worth that to someone else. Someone may only want the account for select items of which you would have to show proof.

Obviously an ideal buyer would be of the same gender to take advantage of purchased wardrobe items.

Giving you account info to someone else is a violation of the TOS and is cause for a ban. This wouldn't matter however since you're not going to using the account anymore.

Message 4 of 48 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

Users are not allowed to sell accounts.

"You may not sell, buy, trade, or otherwise transfer your Online ID or any personal access to PSN through any means or method, including by use of web auction sites." - Sony ToS

People who purchase accounts don't realize that the person selling the account can claim it back (if it's not permanently banned for breach), and the buyer is S.O.L.

The seller (you) can also be subject to losing PSN access, altogether. A.K.A. "Bricked."

It has happened to people caught game sharing.

Message 5 of 48 (418 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
9328 posts

Nov 23, 2012

RockCandyGirl wrote:

According to the PSN Terms of Service, you can not sell your account.

The PSN Terms of Service says:

"You must not sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer your Online ID, your personal access to Sony Entertainment Network or any Services accessed via, or in connection with, Sony Entertainment Network, through any means or method, including via web auction sites. Breach of these Conditions may result in suspension or termination of your account and/or access to Sony Online Network."

Chihuahuas-dance-of-seduction.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 6 of 48 (412 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11067 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:

"You may not sell, buy, trade, or otherwise transfer your Online ID or any personal access to PSN through any means or method, including by use of web auction sites." - Sony ToS

People who purchase accounts don't realize that the person selling the account can claim it back (if it's not permanently banned for breach), and the buyer is S.O.L.

They couldn't say they gave the info to someone though. They'd have to lie and say it was hacked or something.

Message 7 of 48 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

Nov 23, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Grand_Moff wrote:

They couldn't say they gave the info to someone though. They'd have to lie and say it was hacked or something.

One of two things - admit they sold it, and let the chips fall where they may. Or two, sly people could communicate this over means that leave no trail.

Message 8 of 48 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

This is against the law and everyone who gives advice on how to do it are accessories to a crime. Frankly I am shocked that my fellow forum members are revealing themselves to be petty criminals at heart.

I can see it now:  "and now introducing the latest ladie's prison runway fashions black and white striped heels, blouses, panties, skirts and matching earings" just dont ask me for any bail money.

Message 9 of 48 (344 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Nov 23, 2012

AbysmalDawna wrote:

This is against the law and everyone who gives advice on how to do it are accessories to a crime.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 10 of 48 (334 Views)
0 Likes