I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Re: Seduction of the Innocent

Jun 3, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

julie_love wrote:

*cue Twilight Zone music*

This has to be the ******, uhm most unusual post I've ever seen on this forum. Are you also going to ban user names with 'Coach' or 'Reverend' in the name?

I've known a lot of people on Home with Mom or Dad in their username and they've always just been proud parents. I have yet to run into anyone that I suspected of being a predator using a parental name in their username.

It seems totally bizarre to me that when you see users with parental names as part of their username that you see predators.

I have the opposite reaction to those names.

Perhaps in the olden days these names meant some thing good but in the 21st century almost every other day "coaches" and "reverends" are being arrested for child molestation and other offenses such as the coach at penn state or wherever who is now in prison or dead I cant remember which.  The catholic church has paid billions because of this predator stuff.  Plus almost every day some teacher is arrested for the seduction of the innocent.  Wake up and smell the coffee.

The point is that we can no longer trust authority figures like we used to.    We can no longer act as if we are in the 20th century or a more innocent time.  And what is the big deal if we eliminate names like "kushmamabigazzblunt"? Why the big deal?

So those not abusing and doing their job RIGHT have no entitlement to enjoy the name Mom, Dad, Father in a PS ID? I mean I get it. if it truly offends like bigbuttonioncry then by all means report. But, wow you're deep in some of your comments. A place I don't want to go. imagine dinner ith you would be beyond interesting

That sounds awesome. I imagine dinner with Dawn would be neat. We would have epic arguments for hours on end. And strawberry shortcake for dessert. But seriously Dawn...where do you hang out at in world? Id love to chat with you in real time.
Message 51 of 71 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jun 3, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

julie_love wrote:

*cue Twilight Zone music*

This has to be the ******, uhm most unusual post I've ever seen on this forum. Are you also going to ban user names with 'Coach' or 'Reverend' in the name?

I've known a lot of people on Home with Mom or Dad in their username and they've always just been proud parents. I have yet to run into anyone that I suspected of being a predator using a parental name in their username.

It seems totally bizarre to me that when you see users with parental names as part of their username that you see predators.

I have the opposite reaction to those names.

Perhaps in the olden days these names meant some thing good but in the 21st century almost every other day "coaches" and "reverends" are being arrested for child molestation and other offenses such as the coach at penn state or wherever who is now in prison or dead I cant remember which.  The catholic church has paid billions because of this predator stuff.  Plus almost every day some teacher is arrested for the seduction of the innocent.  Wake up and smell the coffee.

The point is that we can no longer trust authority figures like we used to.    We can no longer act as if we are in the 20th century or a more innocent time.  And what is the big deal if we eliminate names like "kushmamabigazzblunt"? Why the big deal?

So those not abusing and doing their job RIGHT have no entitlement to enjoy the name Mom, Dad, Father in a PS ID? I mean I get it. if it truly offends like bigbuttonioncry then by all means report. But, wow you're deep in some of your comments. A place I don't want to go. imagine dinner ith you would be beyond interesting

That sounds awesome. I imagine dinner with Dawn would be neat. We would have epic arguments for hours on end. And strawberry shortcake for dessert. But seriously Dawn...where do you hang out at in world? Id love to chat with you in real time.

Count me in please.

Message 52 of 71 (189 Views)
Wastelander
588 posts

Jun 3, 2013

lpkid5382 wrote:

how bout when they use 420. You have to be 13 years of age to use home. inappropriate for home.

Most know what it means but in Home goes to the next level.  Should've been prevented in text when making screen names.

And what makes you think ALL names with "420" refer "that"? Would you moan and complain if the name was "TobaccoSmokeCigar" or "DrunkAlcoholicCA"? My "420" refers to my birthday and besides that fact, "420" is legal in some states so that point you're attempting to make is invalid. You and the OP and nothing but forum trolls and trouble makers. You intentionally say and start stupid threads for attention to stroke your pathetic egos (or lack of confidence). I have not ONCE seen you post a constructive comment and/or thread, it's always negative, negative, negative. It's more than past yours and the OP time to seek professional help. I have never seen such a negative person in my life that constantly complains about the most mundane things. It seems your life evolves around Home and what you feel it needs to be. Grow up, GET OVER YOURSELF and leave other people out your misery.

Message 53 of 71 (181 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jun 3, 2013
I seduce all of thee with my "seduction beam"
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 54 of 71 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Hahaha, I hope that's not the beam I think you're talking about lol

clarification to all others, clearly he means a laser beam lol

Message 55 of 71 (241 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13188 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

And what about the person who had a club called "smoke methh" and "worship satan" under avatar name.  How is that allowed?  And now that person is an mvp?  Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.

Is this a Witch.pngHunt?

Taking a look at AbysmalDawna's Avatar...

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 56 of 71 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Kitty....that's not what I meant but...lol...
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 57 of 71 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Jun 3, 2013
People tend to not like restrictions. It places a sense of prohibition and communism on people who feel like theyre being told they cant do this, or cant do that. While I do agree that vulgarity should be restricted when making new screen names...at the same time, you dont want to take a risk in losing any of your client base due to an over abundance of restrictive rules and regs. It's bad enough the TOS is as restrictive as a boa constrictor, in it's current state alone. I dont see a need to add to it.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 58 of 71 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13188 posts

Jun 3, 2013

hey what am i doing here. u know what let's go with the most imppropiated (and misspelling) usernames

"Kun" in the end? Jersquall-kun, KarateChampChad-Kun, Shadow-Runner-kun, Joanna_Dark_-kun, etc.

...if you know the reference

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 59 of 71 (240 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Jun 3, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

i misread that as "suction beam" and got quite concerned. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 60 of 71 (161 Views)