Re: Seduction of the Innocent

Jun 2, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

myalana wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:

AbysmalDawna AbolishedDaddies:

As I make my rounds through Home on my various avatars I have seen an increase in the amount of new names that feature parental references. For example "horndogmamamafia666" "vampiregoth mommy" "BigBluntMomKushbabe" and while these examples are ficticious because I want to adhere to the so called "blacklisting" policy they nevertheless resemble avatar names I have seen.

My point is that I feel that using parental references in names should be prohibited in Home.  With all the impressionable young people there is a danger for unscrupulous adults trying to lure young people with the subliminal parental authority ruse.  This is somewhat similar to a problem we see everyday almost where teacher authority figures {increasingly female} are seducing youngsters in middle and high schools.

We as responsible Home citizens must be able to spot disturbing trends and try to end them from getting out of hand.  And this trend of using parental references in user names I think should end now before anymore "seduction of the innocent" can possibly occur.

Please give your opinion on this subject.

:^/ Obviously, Danger_Dad disagrees.

So does 420SwaggHoochieMama69

At least, I'm guessing that she does.

Actually, that's one of my ALT's. She's surprisingly fine with the idea. Smiley Wink

But we already determined that you're one of my alts Julian. My alts have alts? I'm (even more) confused.

One day, we'll find out that we were all alternates of myalana.  It's like Six Degrees of Separation meets Inception loaded into The Matrix.  Do you think it's a coincidence that she's always taking our pictures?  She's just monitoring her puppets.

Home might just be myalana's world.  We just feel like we're living in it.

We ( by we I mean I ), said we'd never speak of that LiZa (by LiZa I mean me). I confused myself now...I'm going to go have a beverage of the adult variety and it'll all come back to me.

Message 31 of 71 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jun 2, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Iced-Tea-Bagger wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

And what about the person who had a club called "smoke methh" and "worship satan" under avatar name.  How is that allowed?  And now that person is an mvp?  Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.

LOL a few friends of mine are in that club, its just as a joke to get the reaction you gave.

So you are saying that its a joke also that to represent Home as an mvp or a guide its just a joke to have "smoke methh, worship satan" under your avatar's name and that's a joke? 

You'll never make MVP pointing fingers like that ma'am.

Message 32 of 71 (175 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jun 2, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Iced-Tea-Bagger wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

And what about the person who had a club called "smoke methh" and "worship satan" under avatar name.  How is that allowed?  And now that person is an mvp?  Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.

LOL a few friends of mine are in that club, its just as a joke to get the reaction you gave.

So you are saying that its a joke also that to represent Home as an mvp or a guide its just a joke to have "smoke methh, worship satan" under your avatar's name and that's a joke? 

I think you might be taking it too literal.

There's plenty of other things things wrong on home, besides this.

Message 33 of 71 (173 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jun 2, 2013

*cue Twilight Zone music*

This has to be the ******, uhm most unusual post I've ever seen on this forum. Are you also going to ban user names with 'Coach' or 'Reverend' in the name?

I've known a lot of people on Home with Mom or Dad in their username and they've always just been proud parents. I have yet to run into anyone that I suspected of being a predator using a parental name in their username.

It seems totally bizarre to me that when you see users with parental names as part of their username that you see predators.

I have the opposite reaction to those names.

Message 34 of 71 (167 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jun 2, 2013

julie_love wrote:

This has to be the ******, uhm most unusual post I've ever seen on this forum. Are you also going to ban user names with 'Coach' or 'Reverend' in the name?

I've known a lot of people on Home with Mom or Dad in their username and they've always just been proud parents. I have yet to run into anyone that I suspected of being a predator using a parental name in their username.

It seems totally bizarre to me that when you see users with parental names as part of their username that you see predators.

Umm yes, but you seem rational Julie. You forgot that detail. Smiley Wink

Message 35 of 71 (161 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jun 2, 2013

julie_love wrote:

Perhaps in the olden days these names meant some thing good but in the 21st century almost every other day "coaches" and "reverends" are being arrested for child molestation and other offenses such as the coach at penn state or wherever who is now in prison or dead I cant remember which.  The catholic church has paid billions because of this predator stuff.  Plus almost every day some teacher is arrested for the seduction of the innocent.  Wake up and smell the coffee.

The point is that we can no longer trust authority figures like we used to.    We can no longer act as if we are in the 20th century or a more innocent time.  And what is the big deal if we eliminate names like "kushmamabigazzblunt"? Why the big deal?

Message 36 of 71 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 2, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

julie_love wrote:

Perhaps in the olden days these names meant some thing good but in the 21st century almost every other day "coaches" and "reverends" are being arrested for child molestation and other offenses such as the coach at penn state or wherever who is now in prison or dead I cant remember which.  The catholic church has paid billions because of this predator stuff.  Plus almost every day some teacher is arrested for the seduction of the innocent.  Wake up and smell the coffee.

The point is that we can no longer trust authority figures like we used to.    We can no longer act as if we are in the 20th century or a more innocent time.  And what is the big deal if we eliminate names like "kushmamabigazzblunt"? Why the big deal?

So those not abusing and doing their job RIGHT have no entitlement to enjoy the name Mom, Dad, Father in a PS ID? I mean I get it. if it truly offends like bigbuttonioncry then by all means report. But, wow you're deep in some of your comments. A place I don't want to go. imagine dinner ith you would be beyond interesting.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 37 of 71 (148 Views)
Survivor
1041 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I don't think the user name matters. What matters is how people behave.

Message 38 of 71 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

julie_love wrote:

So those not abusing and doing their job RIGHT have no entitlement to enjoy the name Mom, Dad, Father in a PS ID? I mean I get it. if it truly offends like bigbuttonioncry then by all means report. But, wow you're deep in some of your comments. A place I don't want to go. imagine dinner ith you would be beyond interesting.

Unfortunately we sometimes must make sacrifices for the common good.  If prohibiting certain names we save just one child from a life of sexual slavery or even worse I think it is well worth it. Is not being able to walk around with some silly psn id that big of a sacrifice? 

Message 39 of 71 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Tang_Ang wrote:

I don't think the user name matters. What matters is how people behave.

Well I am cautious with user names.  I generally avoid names such as:  blunt, swag, geto mama, mafia, 666, blood, 420, manson family etc and many other combinations thereof.    Now I am not going to say I would avoid someone who named themselves after a breakfast drink such as Tang, I am not that serious.  But sometimes to tell you the truth I think it would be better if we just use our first names followed by a number. I think that would have a positive effect on Home. 

Message 40 of 71 (123 Views)
0 Likes