Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Re: Seduction of the Innocent

[ Edited ]
Jun 2, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:

AbysmalDawna AbolishedDaddies:

As I make my rounds through Home on my various avatars I have seen an increase in the amount of new names that feature parental references. For example "horndogmamamafia666" "vampiregoth mommy" "BigBluntMomKushbabe" and while these examples are ficticious because I want to adhere to the so called "blacklisting" policy they nevertheless resemble avatar names I have seen.

My point is that I feel that using parental references in names should be prohibited in Home.  With all the impressionable young people there is a danger for unscrupulous adults trying to lure young people with the subliminal parental authority ruse.  This is somewhat similar to a problem we see everyday almost where teacher authority figures {increasingly female} are seducing youngsters in middle and high schools.

We as responsible Home citizens must be able to spot disturbing trends and try to end them from getting out of hand.  And this trend of using parental references in user names I think should end now before anymore "seduction of the innocent" can possibly occur.

Please give your opinion on this subject.

:^/ Obviously, Danger_Dad disagrees.

So does 420SwaggHoochieMama69

At least, I'm guessing that she does.

Actually, that's one of my ALT's. She's surprisingly fine with the idea. Smiley Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 71 (268 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jun 2, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:

As I make my rounds through Home on my various avatars I have seen an increase in the amount of new names that feature parental references. For example "horndogmamamafia666" "vampiregoth mommy" "BigBluntMomKushbabe" and while these examples are ficticious because I want to adhere to the so called "blacklisting" policy they nevertheless resemble avatar names I have seen.

My point is that I feel that using parental references in names should be prohibited in Home.  With all the impressionable young people there is a danger for unscrupulous adults trying to lure young people with the subliminal parental authority ruse.  This is somewhat similar to a problem we see everyday almost where teacher authority figures {increasingly female} are seducing youngsters in middle and high schools.

We as responsible Home citizens must be able to spot disturbing trends and try to end them from getting out of hand.  And this trend of using parental references in user names I think should end now before anymore "seduction of the innocent" can possibly occur.

Actually, that's one of my ALT's. She's surprisingly fine with the idea. Smiley Wink

But we already determined that you're one of my alts Julian. My alts have alts? I'm (even more) confused.

Message 12 of 71 (263 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6260 posts

Jun 2, 2013

I think the days of innocence are long past when it comes to home. Those impressionable kids you speak are more  likely  the ones creating such ID's. The only way I see solving this kind of thing is if Sony had pre-listed ID's we had to choose from. We know that's not going to happen.  At this point your only options are to report what you think are inappropriate ID's or go into your options menu and turn off user ID's labels. There will always be people that act irresponsibly when given free rein that's pretty much a given.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 13 of 71 (262 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jun 2, 2013

myalana wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:

But we already determined that you're one of my alts Julian. My alts have alts? I'm (even more) confused.

We don't have to tell you everything, myalana! Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 71 (254 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jun 2, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

If you see any offensive names in world simple face the user and file a report. Putting something in the chat box to clarify why you're sending a report should be easy enough.

Pretty hard for Sony to control inappropriate names without users alerting them of the issue. 

They could use the same asterisk censoring method that they use for speech when people create their names.  People get away with more words on user names than speech.  The point is that a lot of names shouldnt have been allowed to be created in the first place.

Message 15 of 71 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 2, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

If you see any offensive names in world simple face the user and file a report. Putting something in the chat box to clarify why you're sending a report should be easy enough.

Pretty hard for Sony to control inappropriate names without users alerting them of the issue. 

They could use the same asterisk censoring method that they use for speech when people create their names.  People get away with more words on user names than speech.  The point is that a lot of names shouldnt have been allowed to be created in the first place.

I suppose that is an option. I have no idea why they don't do that. That's a very good question and I'm not sure who you'd suggest that too. Seems if they can do it for chat related functions they could do it for SEN ID's.

Message 16 of 71 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
568 posts

Jun 2, 2013

i don't really see that as being an issue, so what if someone has the psn name "big daddy" or something. cursing and stuff is blocked so most of the things that get by will not really make sense to younger players anyway, like i doubt some 10 year old will see the 420 in someones name as being anything than just random numbers. and if they really think that just because someone has mom and dad in their psn name that they have to do what they say then maybe they should not be allowed to go online in the first place.

Message 17 of 71 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 2, 2013

Early Home ID names! Zomg! They were bad bad bad.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 18 of 71 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jun 2, 2013

PS3's are not nannies nor babysitters and it is the responsibility of the parents (not Sony) to monitor what their 13yr old is doing not only on Home but on any social network.  Its time for parents to step it up and start protecting their children from online bullies and predators. 

Message 19 of 71 (187 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6260 posts

Jun 2, 2013

When a child brings a friend or friends over to their house to play. The parents of that house hold take the responsibility for those children do they not? The same could be said about Sony could it not? Just a thought.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 20 of 71 (174 Views)