Jun 02 2013
By: AbysmalDawna Fender Bender 2003 posts

Seduction of the Innocent

70 replies 653 views Edited Jun 2, 2013

As I make my rounds through Home on my various avatars I have seen an increase in the amount of new names that feature parental references. For example "horndogmamamafia666" "vampiregoth mommy" "BigBluntMomKushbabe" and while these examples are ficticious because I want to adhere to the so called "blacklisting" policy they nevertheless resemble avatar names I have seen.

My point is that I feel that using parental references in names should be prohibited in Home.  With all the impressionable young people there is a danger for unscrupulous adults trying to lure young people with the subliminal parental authority ruse.  This is somewhat similar to a problem we see everyday almost where teacher authority figures {increasingly female} are seducing youngsters in middle and high schools.

We as responsible Home citizens must be able to spot disturbing trends and try to end them from getting out of hand.  And this trend of using parental references in user names I think should end now before anymore "seduction of the innocent" can possibly occur.

Please give your opinion on this subject.

Message 1 of 71 (653 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Re: Seduction of the Innocent

Jun 2, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

As I make my rounds through Home on my various avatars I have seen an increase in the amount of new names that feature parental references. For example "horndogmamamafia666" "vampiregoth mommy" "BigBluntMomKushbabe" and while these examples are ficticious because I want to adhere to the so called "blacklisting" policy they nevertheless resemble avatar names I have seen.

My point is that I feel that using parental references in names should be prohibited in Home.  With all the impressionable young people there is a danger for unscrupulous adults trying to lure young people with the subliminal parental authority ruse.  This is somewhat similar to a problem we see everyday almost where teacher authority figures {increasingly female} are seducing youngsters in middle and high schools.

We as responsible Home citizens must be able to spot disturbing trends and try to end them from getting out of hand.  And this trend of using parental references in user names I think should end now before anymore "seduction of the innocent" can possibly occur.

Everything you said in this message is correct. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Message 2 of 71 (650 Views)
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 2, 2013

its up to the PSN people to deal with inappropriate usernames, not the Home team.

if you feel that a username is pushing the limit, send an email to Sony. it wouldnt be the first time action has been taken against someone with an inappropriate name.

Message 3 of 71 (636 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Jun 2, 2013

At least those usernames are better than the "Swagg" usernames. 

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 4 of 71 (627 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jun 2, 2013

It's the internet, these factors will always be there.

Sony can only do so much. Even if these names weren't existent, there would still be people online, taking advantage of others.

Plus, it's not really the homes team to make this change. They have no control over ids, so it would be best to leave this kind of thing up to moderators, or Sony developers.

Message 5 of 71 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 2, 2013

how bout when they use 420. You have to be 13 years of age to use home. inappropriate for home.

Most know what it means but in Home goes to the next level.  Should've been prevented in text when making screen names.

Message 6 of 71 (607 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Jun 2, 2013

People's names are pretty harmless.  I don't see anything wrong with mentioning that you are a mother or a drug user on PS Home.  I save the reporting for the few people that start arguments and sexually harass others.  Yes, I've actually seen this happen a few times.

Message 7 of 71 (595 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Jun 2, 2013

AbysmalDawna AbolishedDaddies:

:^/ Obviously, Danger_Dad disagrees.

Message 8 of 71 (571 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jun 2, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

AbysmalDawna AbolishedDaddies:

:^/ Obviously, Danger_Dad disagrees.

So does 420SwaggHoochieMama69

At least, I'm guessing that she does.

castle3
Message 9 of 71 (543 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 2, 2013

If you see any offensive names in world simple face the user and file a report. Putting something in the chat box to clarify why you're sending a report should be easy enough.

Pretty hard for Sony to control inappropriate names without users alerting them of the issue. 

Message 10 of 71 (530 Views)