Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Re: SeaClyff Retreat & Clubhouse spaces go live in x7

Oct 5, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:
GameMechanics weren't obligated but surely they'd think twice about offering prizes to a publication that treats a handful of users like Bohemian Grove members

Surely you want your product to be made aware and available to the widest audience, not a handful of virtual George Clooney wannabes who won't help them break even or even help them promote it on the official channels?

No hate towards GameMechanics, just saying they got taken for a ride by people spinning their own BS so much it's almost believable. GameMechanics, stick to the EU and NA forums for your competitions or pitch something for the Home MOTD Smiley Happy

You misunderstand. We did not choose HSM. We posted the contest on our Facebook page and Tweeted it out. They picked it up and posted about it also. The other sites did not.

It turns out a couple of their contributors are also talented artists and happen to read the HSM posts.

Message 131 of 177 (376 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Oct 5, 2013
Thanks for clearing that up!

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 132 of 177 (341 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2672 posts

Oct 5, 2013

I found money and bought Seaclyff.

It's not as big as I thought it would be but it is big enough.

Rambling on things now:

I sure so wish the wallpaper we choose would stay when we return but it doesn't. If this is a glitch it needs fixing.

The music is OK but I only like to use it in the basement. I'll bring in other radios including LOOT's which work in this space.

I like the solitaire table (it's removable). I don't like the puzzle but then again, I don't like puzzles (generally).

The helicopter which flies and we have control over in that we can order it to fly but not where it flies is OK as is. What it carries I don't know. So far it hasn't taken out any balloons which are a nice feature.

As usual I see things where I would like to go, on top of the cliff, the path in back and to peek at the John/Mike road sign. But it's like that with a lot of spaces so I'm OK with staying inside.

I have some nice rewards my favorite being the one slot baseball field clock. The large soccer goal is nice also.

The opening refrigerator and microwave are nice. I put something in the microwave and... oh, never mind. The fridge comes stocked with food. They work well.

The doors and fridge and microwave can be seen opening by others when someone else other then the viewer opens them.

Because it is unique, at least fairly large, and functional (except for the wallpaper which won't change) I consider the $20 price a fair one. I didn't buy the club or add on's because I didn't want the club and the add on's I believe I have all of them.

I'll get to decorating it when I feel like it.

Oh... it would be nice to have a day/night option but that's not available in most other places. I don't understand why the top floor roof has what appears to be stars.

I'm satisfied. I get it that not everyone will be. 

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 133 of 177 (306 Views)
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

I found money and bought Seaclyff.

It's not as big as I thought it would be but it is big enough.

Rambling on things now:

I sure so wish the wallpaper we choose would stay when we return but it doesn't. If this is a glitch it needs fixing.

The music is OK but I only like to use it in the basement. I'll bring in other radios including LOOT's which work in this space.

I like the solitaire table (it's removable). I don't like the puzzle but then again, I don't like puzzles (generally).

The helicopter which flies and we have control over in that we can order it to fly but not where it flies is OK as is. What it carries I don't know. So far it hasn't taken out any balloons which are a nice feature.

As usual I see things where I would like to go, on top of the cliff, the path in back and to peek at the John/Mike road sign. But it's like that with a lot of spaces so I'm OK with staying inside.

I have some nice rewards my favorite being the one slot baseball field clock. The large soccer goal is nice also.

The opening refrigerator and microwave are nice. I put something in the microwave and... oh, never mind. The fridge comes stocked with food. They work well.

The doors and fridge and microwave can be seen opening by others when someone else other then the viewer opens them.

Because it is unique, at least fairly large, and functional (except for the wallpaper which won't change) I consider the $20 price a fair one. I didn't buy the club or add on's because I didn't want the club and the add on's I believe I have all of them.

I'll get to decorating it when I feel like it.

Oh... it would be nice to have a day/night option but that's not available in most other places. I don't understand why the top floor roof has what appears to be stars.

I'm satisfied. I get it that not everyone will be. 

I bought the space and so far I am very happy with it, with one exception.

I agree with all of what is highlighted in yellow above, and hope to see improvements on the staying of the wallpaper choices as well as the missing clock issue.

My one exception is that, once again, I have used the 100 slots and have nothing left over to put anything in the mancave, would you believe it?

Thank goodness this space came with a built in kitchen and bathroom. (Oh by the way, the sounds coming from the toilet when you sit on it, made me laugh so hard, as it reminded me of the Dumb and Dumber movie, so a big thanks for that.)Smiley Very Happy

GameMechanics, you are a favorite developer of mine and I have a couple of requests of you that I am sure only your team could provide me with. The first request is a pool table that does not have 22 slots, and the mancave is just begging to have one. The second request is a picture frame the size of a wall, that I can put my own pictures into and create my own murals.

This is not a request, but with your team's ingenuity, I bet you could develope spaces that could support more than the 100 slots we are currently stuck with. (I know your team cannot do anything about that issue, but I bet you would if you could.)

Some negatives and positives to your SeaClyff Retreat, but you can't please everyone.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 134 of 177 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Oct 6, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

GameMechanics, stick to the EU and NA forums for your competitions or pitch something for the Home MOTD Smiley Happy

This would fit

(it actually in the Europe Region right now)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 135 of 177 (249 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
419 posts

Re: Attention: Game mechanics Seaclyff feedback

Oct 6, 2013

Dear Game Mechanics:

First, congratulations on your 1st personal space release. Its a lovely addition to PSHome. I enjoy the space and love all the features. Especially the hidden top floor, very nice!

Secondly, I bought the personal space after reading the information posted in the interview that John gave to YPSH as seen in this picture below.

Johns Quote.gif

In that article John stated that the clubhouse version does not come with rewards and the price was reduced to reflect that. I was going to buy the bundle with both versions so my club members/friends could get the rewards too. But because Game mechanics stated in the article that there were no rewards for the clubhouse version, I went with just the personal space. The no rewards for my club was a dealbreaker. Now I'm reading through this thread and other users are stating that they have received rewards from the clubhouse version! I and others, including a MVP were led to believe our club members/friends could not get rewards at the club. Now if I want to get the club version I will have to pay $14.99 because of incorrect information provided by Game Mechanics. That does not seem fair at all.

Can you please look into this matter? I know a bunch of us would like to own the clubhouse version and would have bought it in the bundle  if there were rewards, but having to pay 14.99 is not fair, when we would've purchased it in the bundle if we hadn't been provided with incorrect information by Game Mechanics. Can you please look into having the clubhouse discounted to $5 for those who have already purchased the personal space?

Here's a link to the article that has the incorrect information about the rewards not being available in the clubhouse version.

http://www.yourpshome.net/threads/ypsh-chats-with-john-ardussi-about-game-mechanics-the-new-seacly...

Thank You very much for your time and efforts! I really appreciate it. Again, Congrats on the wonderful space.

JoyceHairhelmet wrote:
I bought the whole package and I really like it. It's really obvious a lot of love and work went into this, and I really like/appreciate all the details. That wall mirror is a great idea. I love how there are a lot of rooms, at different levels, so you have to explore a bit. The pool animations are great. And the doors are awesome! Good job on there not being a huge lag to them opening too.

I think the Man Cave is funny, and I really got a kick out of it. I'd love to see the dev do more of this stuff.

I really appreciate that there are a number of rewards for club members to get-my club members seem to be enjoying being able to get them, and it's a nice added item for the cost of it-rewards for myself and 30 of my friends. (Or is that 29 plus me? Blah. Too lazy to look.)

Nice job, Game Mechanics! Smiley Happy

Also @ 71 states they got rewards from the clubhouse version.

Message 136 of 177 (222 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 6, 2013
You know? I had noticed that too after reading the article originally. And if I had ever heard of a legitimate complaint, that would be one. That info had misled others who read it surely. I have not tried out the club yet but from what it seems I have read, the club DOES have rewards despite the article saying otherwise.
Support Forums
Message 137 of 177 (215 Views)
Fender Bender
1570 posts

Oct 6, 2013
Yes the club gives guest rewards. We had an event tonight to introduce the SeaClyff clubhouse. Many of the club members received the same rewards that are offered in the personal space. Smiley Happy Mur
Posted Image
Message 138 of 177 (210 Views)
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Re: Attention: Game mechanics Seaclyff feedback

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2013

GreyNeo wrote:

Dear Game Mechanics:

First, congratulations on your 1st personal space release. Its a lovely addition to PSHome. I enjoy the space and love all the features. Especially the hidden top floor, very nice!

Secondly, I bought the personal space after reading the information posted in the interview that John gave to YPSH as seen in this picture below.

Johns Quote.gif

In that article John stated that the clubhouse version does not come with rewards and the price was reduced to reflect that. I was going to buy the bundle with both versions so my club members/friends could get the rewards too. But because Game mechanics stated in the article that there were no rewards for the clubhouse version, I went with just the personal space. The no rewards for my club was a dealbreaker. Now I'm reading through this thread and other users are stating that they have received rewards from the clubhouse version! I and others, including a MVP were led to believe our club members/friends could not get rewards at the club. Now if I want to get the club version I will have to pay $14.99 because of incorrect information provided by Game Mechanics. That does not seem fair at all.

Can you please look into this matter? I know a bunch of us would like to own the clubhouse version and would have bought it in the bundle  if there were rewards, but having to pay 14.99 is not fair, when we would've purchased it in the bundle if we hadn't been provided with incorrect information by Game Mechanics. Can you please look into having the clubhouse discounted to $5 for those who have already purchased the personal space?

Here's a link to the article that has the incorrect information about the rewards not being available in the clubhouse version.

http://www.yourpshome.net/threads/ypsh-chats-with-john-ardussi-about-game-mechanics-the-new-seacly...

Thank You very much for your time and efforts! I really appreciate it. Again, Congrats on the wonderful space.

JoyceHairhelmet wrote:
I bought the whole package and I really like it. It's really obvious a lot of love and work went into this, and I really like/appreciate all the details. That wall mirror is a great idea. I love how there are a lot of rooms, at different levels, so you have to explore a bit. The pool animations are great. And the doors are awesome! Good job on there not being a huge lag to them opening too.

I think the Man Cave is funny, and I really got a kick out of it. I'd love to see the dev do more of this stuff.

I really appreciate that there are a number of rewards for club members to get-my club members seem to be enjoying being able to get them, and it's a nice added item for the cost of it-rewards for myself and 30 of my friends. (Or is that 29 plus me? Blah. Too lazy to look.)

Nice job, Game Mechanics! Smiley Happy

Also @ 71 states they got rewards from the clubhouse version.

There is a flaw in how the code loads in the live environment more slowly than in the dev environment which makes it so that something that never happened to us in the dev environment happens a lot in the live environment. We have addressed the issue and have a fix in to QA. In the meantime, people may be able to get the Rewards in clubs up until the fix goes live. It was not intended to happen. Strangely in my club in the live environment it does not happen. Smiley Sad

It is an unintended bonus that will go away soon.

People should always be able to get the Rewards in the personal space. And that will never change.

Message 139 of 177 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 6, 2013
Maybe it is a flaw worth keeping?
Support Forums
Message 140 of 177 (199 Views)