Oct 07 2010
By: djepic112 Gaming Beast 2137 posts

Save the Ta-tas? Talk about making light of a heavy topic

95 replies 20 views Edited Oct 7, 2010

Ta-tas being immature slang for bewbs, why the heck would anyone think it's a good idea to have a shirt that says "Save the Ta-tas"  for a breast cancer awareness theme? It's about saving the person but with a catch phrase like that, it makes it sound like only the breasts are worth saving.  

*rolls eyes*

Photobucket
Message 1 of 96 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Re: Save the Ta-tas? Talk about making light of a heavy topic

Oct 7, 2010

Sex sells more than trying to cure a (possibly) fatal disease, it seems.  And by sex, I mean calling... "them" just that.  I'd think it more professional to say something besides what I could say to a girl in a bar in real life to hit on her.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 2 of 96 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
201 posts

Oct 7, 2010

Unfortunately, given the bulk of the population I've seen online in Home, shirts like these would grab their attention more than something more fitting of the tone Breast Cancer Awareness month should set.

"Doubting the system is bad. Always obey. Those are the conditions for being a fellow citizen, but I will never become a fellow citizen..."
Message 3 of 96 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Oct 7, 2010

Ah. The monetization of breast cancer awareness. So there was that one time I bought a bucket of KFC's original masterpiece emblazoned with a breast cancer ribbon on the cover. Then there was the state of North Dakota's questional rubber bracelets.

Then the Chinese sweat shop debacle where they found where all of this merchandise was coming from.

The "I like it...." Facebook status phenomenon with the super sexual overtones.

The sexist pink color. The college students who wear the low-cut shirts to show their (ahem) support. Etc. etc.

Honestly I'd like to know where the billions (yes the billions) of dollars of "awareness" money has gone to. Every time I see a woman with breast cancer in like the hospital or something she is so over-encumbered by pink ribbons -- and so unbelievably sad looking -- it makes me die a little inside for her. Commercialization is terrific like that. Eventually we forget what we're supporting and just throw money at it. Save the ta-ta's? Seriously?

Having said that I plan to buy the whole ensemble.

Message 4 of 96 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Oct 7, 2010

Adding to what optimisticky said...  And looking at the OP again:

Yeah, why is it save the ta-tas?  It should say "SAVE A LIFE".  I don't know about you guys, but if my mother had breast cancer, I'd rather have her lose, you know, rather than die.  I love her too much for that and couldn't imagine my life without her.  It's stupid, sexual things like this that make me hate these kinds of charities.

Message 5 of 96 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Oct 7, 2010

If it's not important enough to make a good joke, it's not important.

Message 6 of 96 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5846 posts

Oct 7, 2010
Like the above poster said, sex sells. This was chosen, not by anyone in the Home, but someone in the breast cancer industry. It was chosen to get attention, so that would clink on links saying "save the ta-ta's" and be taken, not to a questionable site but a site filled with info on the facts of breast cancer and seriousness of it. its a ploy to get people to become educated on the subject.
visit our webpage @ http://enchelada.pshomegazette.com/

friend me on fb @ http://facebook.com/TheWholeEnchelada

follow me on twitter @ http://twitter.com/WholeEnchelada

whatch the show on youtube @ http://www.youtube.com/user/cheladapsn?feature=mhee

Dont eat the hot dogs, dont eat the subs EAT THE WHOLE EN-CHELADA!

Message 7 of 96 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2338 posts

Oct 7, 2010

Unfortunately sex does sell. Ta-tas are a modern term and way of reaching out to the Home population I assume. When you think about the majority of Home users, I don't think people would really care for Breast Cancer Awareness so instead it's replaced with Save The Ta-Tas. It's not making light of a heavy topic, it's simply just modernizing the name and cause.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 96 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
201 posts

Oct 7, 2010

chelada wrote:
Like the above poster said, sex sells. This was chosen, not by anyone in the Home, but someone in the breast cancer industry. It was chosen to get attention, so that would clink on links saying "save the ta-ta's" and be taken, not to a questionable site but a site filled with info on the facts of breast cancer and seriousness of it. its a ploy to get people to become educated on the subject.

Uhhh have you actuall been to the site? Yes it has some info. As for the serious part, I don't think sections devoted to "Boob lube" and "Show your ta-tas" give a good indication on how they're handling the breast cancer issue lol

"Doubting the system is bad. Always obey. Those are the conditions for being a fellow citizen, but I will never become a fellow citizen..."
Message 9 of 96 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Oct 7, 2010

Siertes wrote:

Uhhh have you actuall been to the site? Yes it has some info. As for the serious part, I don't think sections devoted to "Boob lube" and "Show your ta-tas" give a good indication on how they're handling the breast cancer issue lol

Holy......  I just went to the site, and you're right.  Kinda makes me wish that these people get cancer that can't get healed.  That's sickening.  And Home allows them to be here?  Sick.

Before I get flamed, that's just my opinion.  So no harm.

Message 10 of 96 (20 Views)
0 Likes