Reply
Jan 17 2013
By: David32143 Monster Hunter 16 posts
Offline

Save Data Migration for new PlayStation Home Patch

19 replies 955 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

From the EU Board: community.eu.playstation.com

 

Hello everyone,

 

We would like to inform you that we will introduce a new patch in PlayStation Home next week and  we will be transferring your save data from the PS3 hard drive and onto the Home Servers.

This will generally improve performance and means that your save data will be available should you ever need to reinstall Home or login from a different PS3.

Your save data will be transferred from your PS3 to our servers when you first install the patch. This process will only occur once per account and you will be informed that the save data transfer take place via an install message.

Once the transfer is complete, Home will only read your save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible.

The save data being transferred includes your Preferences, Character Saves and Apartment Furniture Layouts.

The transfer process will not affect your Purchases and Rewards which are already stored on the Home Servers.

 

- The PlayStation Home Team


Message 1 of 20 (955 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 08/18/2009
Online
9308 posts
 

Re: Save Data Migration for new PlayStation Home Patch

Jan 17, 2013

I guess that part of the news that were going to being announce i like it since i once lost all of my data when my fat PS3 died nice update i would say.

             KANE-FIRE

Message 2 of 20 (935 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/25/2009
Offline
4703 posts
 

Re: Save Data Migration for new PlayStation Home Patch

Jan 17, 2013
Oh snap!
Message 3 of 20 (926 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Save Data Migration for new PlayStation Home Patch

Jan 17, 2013

Well I hope we get a lot more information about the Core update than just that.

 

I had heard about this before so the rumor isn't a rumor anymore. I'm not quite sure how this works given I have accounts on two machines and I'm wondering if updating one machine with multiple accounts will affect all of them on that machine at the same time. 

Message 4 of 20 (915 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/01/2003
Offline
3346 posts
 

Re: Save Data Migration for new PlayStation Home Patch

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Hopefully this doesn't kill the ability to save multiple furniture layouts for your spaces. The current suggestion for Avalon Keep Owners dealing with placing 100 furniture objects is to back up and save various furniture layouts for the various expansions to a USB drive and load the one you need. 

Message 5 of 20 (905 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Save Data Migration for new PlayStation Home Patch

Jan 17, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

Hopefully this doesn't kill the ability to save multiple furniture layouts for your spaces. The current suggestion for Avalon Keep Owners dealing with placing 100 furniture objects is to back up and save various furniture layouts for the various to a USB drive and load the one you need. 


Well it will given you can't use local furniture save files anymore. Question is will they add multiple save options for each apartment as part of the core update.

 

That is a requested feature and it makes no sense to me why we can't have one apartment with multiple save possiblitites for furniture layout. Seems Blueprint needs that in a core update for it to offer multiple save features. One can hope this will be part of the patch notes. 

Message 6 of 20 (890 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/01/2003
Offline
3346 posts
 

Re: Save Data Migration for new PlayStation Home Patch

Jan 17, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

 I'm not quite sure how this works given I have accounts on two machines and I'm wondering if updating one machine with multiple accounts will affect all of them on that machine at the same time. 


Looks like you need to get all your eggs into one basket, so to speak.

 

"Once the transfer is complete, Home will only read your save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible."

Message 7 of 20 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/30/2011
Offline
1729 posts
 

Re: Save Data Migration for new PlayStation Home Patch

Jan 17, 2013

Will this increase load times or reduce em? 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 8 of 20 (887 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Save Data Migration for new PlayStation Home Patch

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

 I'm not quite sure how this works given I have accounts on two machines and I'm wondering if updating one machine with multiple accounts will affect all of them on that machine at the same time. 


Looks like you need to get all your eggs into one basket, so to speak.

 

"Once the transfer is complete, Home will only read your save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible."


Well my alternate Claire uses one PS3 for the most part so her files are more up to date on that machine. I might need to insure that the script files are exact duplicates before updating. 

 

I do like the idea of server side saves but that does remove some options when it comes to apartments to say the least. 

Message 9 of 20 (879 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/20/2008
Offline
1507 posts
 

Re: Save Data Migration for new PlayStation Home Patch

Jan 17, 2013

LOVE IT!..Good stuff thx...Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 10 of 20 (879 Views)
0 Likes