Oct 14 2011
By: whusler Uncharted Territory 1403 posts

Savage Cosmos is a Rip Off

7 replies 29 views Edited Oct 14, 2011

For $4.99 and only 3 rewards (pair for each gender) and they're region locked.

Buyer Beware. (read: scribble shooter drama)

Why cant Developer make something good and affordable and region free like Trigger Happy and Conspiracy cabinet anymore? All new games cabinet priced like the whole  personal space!

US and EU economies are just  currently bad and Home items are getting expensive!

Message 1 of 8 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Savage Cosmos is a Rip Off

Oct 14, 2011

Hi Whusler,

Think back to the Scribble Shooter discussion. I remember seeing someone say to not Rubber Stamp these cabinets. Don't think that they will all play or reward the same. They are not. I will ask you all again to support a FAQ that comes out with the cabinet and explains these details before you buy it.

A cabinet detailed FAQ from the creators of the cabinet could put all these questions in the discription letting us know: EXAMPLE- (Anyone visiting your estate  and playing this game can only play 3 levels. This cabinet only give the owner rewards. This cabinet is region locked)

If you want this to happen then please support this.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 2 of 8 (29 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9831 posts

Oct 14, 2011

Does anybody know exactly what are the rewards you get from Savage Cosmos arcade in HOME?

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 8 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Oct 14, 2011

Savage Cosmos - Sweekee Hat
Price: Reward Item

Savage Cosmos - Hunterite Hoodie
Savage Cosmos - Hunterite Hoodie

Hunterite Hoodie

Savage Cosmos - Kinnonaut T-Shirt

Message 4 of 8 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Oct 14, 2011

My real concern is the hike of cabinet price on home. Seems developers are no longer interested to make something like trigger happy and conspiracy.

Message 5 of 8 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Oct 14, 2011

if  you bought it, can you freinds play beyond the first level?  if so its already better than scribble shooter and if i remember SS's price correctly its slightly cheaper. i cant comment on the quality of the game itself, since i havent played it, the region lock is probably because they either dont plan on releasing it in other regions, an over sight, or dont want other regions to play it before they put it out to the other regions.  earlier in HOME's jistory there was quite a bit of stuff that was region locked for EU, like the audi apartment or the locoroco apartment in JP, that got unlocked so we other regions could be invited to them.

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 6 of 8 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 14, 2011

This game doesn't have levels, per se. It's set up like Berzerk, with a series of changing screens that are all linked together. From what I've seen, guests can play the game as well as the owner.

I don't think it's a ripoff at all. I bought it for the gameplay, and the gameplay is great. If you don't think a custom-built game is worth five bucks, then you should probably avoid arcade cabinets.

I'm far less impressed with the Conspiracy cabinets, which just take an existing game, and a less than exciting game at that, and dump it into a different format.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 7 of 8 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 14, 2011

A game (going rate for a mini in the PS store is around 3 dollars), six rewards, the cabinet itself, and the ability to have friends play the full game and get rewards too. Honestly, I dont see five bucks as being all that unfair.

And I agree with Jers: a feature list would be nice.

dont panic 2 400x136
Message 8 of 8 (29 Views)
0 Likes