Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Saluting Jersquall

Jul 20, 2012

This is it. This is the payoff. This thread. the posts. This has made it all beyond worth it. Our reward has always been a big thanks. We accept that as better than gold. That is what volunteers are. It's what most of you do here already. I see you helping others here and in home. You are all Home Community volunteers.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 31 of 196 (284 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jul 20, 2012

One of the few HCV who did the job right, and one hell of a human being. Always good times bro. Very few people are on my short list, and you sir, always will be.

See you round jers Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 196 (277 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Indentured masochism... uh, volunteerism... is all too often a thankless job. And no matter how much work you put into it, you still wonder if it was enough. Not for yourself, of course, but for those whom you serve. And it's the selflessness that shines through in the work of great volunteers, not the external display of rewards, or kudos, or volunteer of the month stickers, or what have you.

I think this thread is proof that what you've done all these years is more than enough, Jers. It was above and beyond the call. Your dedication to this community - the good, the bad, and the ugly - is something for all of us to aspire to.

Message 33 of 196 (249 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Hey, DJ Smiley Happy

Thanks man. good to see you still around Smiley Wink thank you for posting bro' That means so much.

tenchu has known about this for quite a while lol' Smiley Happy

Dj_Tenchu wrote:

One of the few HCV who did the job right, and one hell of a human being. Always good times bro. Very few people are on my short list, and you sir, always will be.

See you round jers Smiley Happy

HomeStationMagazine
Message 34 of 196 (248 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jul 20, 2012
oh i'm always around Smiley Wink i just lurk moar.lol. told you i'd keep my lip zipped Smiley Tongue
Message 35 of 196 (236 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jul 20, 2012

if you weren't married I'd.. HEY! wait a sec.. Smiley Very Happy

It was time for me to step aside yup. On my terms.  It was a fantastic ride. 

terra_cide wrote:

Indentured masochism... uh, volunteerism... is all too often a thankless job. And no matter how much work you put into it, you still wonder if it was enough. Not for yourself, of course, but for those whom you serve. And it's the selflessness that shines through in the work of great volunteers, not the external display of rewards, or kudos, or volunteer of the month stickers, or what have you.

I think this thread is proof that what you've done all these years is more than enough, Jers. It was above and beyond the call. Your dedication to this community - the good, the bad, and the ugly - is something for all of us to aspire to.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 36 of 196 (232 Views)
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Wow, doesn't seem real haha. Smiley Surprised  I think you have done sooo much for the Home community, so you deserve to take a break Smiley Very Happy 

Photobucket

Message 37 of 196 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jul 20, 2012

<~~ in my Chester Cheetah voice....
"Yesss we know"

Now about that gold (tone) retirement watch......

Message 38 of 196 (224 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jul 20, 2012

So many have asked, "What will you do now?'' I will still help out in my own way. More time to support events and Home media like HSM. I will wrap myself up in Home, Games, Podcast, movies and hang out more' Smiley Happy  thanks for the post .

wolf6950 wrote:

Wow, doesn't seem real haha. Smiley Surprised  I think you have done sooo much for the Home community, so you deserve to take a break Smiley Very Happy 

HomeStationMagazine
Message 39 of 196 (215 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jul 20, 2012

The good news: Now that Jers is no longer an HCV, he's allowed to have opinions.

The bad news: The HCV program is losing one of the very best.

Watching you through the ups and downs of the HCV program was always inspiring. You handled everything like a seasoned pro, and the genuine care that you have for Home and the community was always brilliantly on display.

To me, and I'm sure to a great many others, you are one of the main reasons why the Home experience is so much fun. Thanks for all your hard work, and all of your support. We'll have to find time to hang out like normal people.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 40 of 196 (206 Views)