Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Re: Saluting Jersquall

Jul 20, 2012

NorseGamer wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Actually Norse I am waiting for Conrad_Max to post. He doesn't know I am retiring but I'll tell you this.. Max has pulled me in many times when I felt like blowing a gasket. he has given me great advice so many times. He was one of the most dedicated HCVs to date. very good in home.  He gets a lot of unneeded flack here in the forums but he spent more time making his rounds in home than any of us. I feel like I let him down.. weird feeling I know. max is really a down right good guy.

Conrad is one of the most subtly awesome people on this forum, but for off-topic reasons.

If we're really nice to Terra, she might post some pics of what your retirement looks like. Livin' it up like Hefner, yo!

So, what will Jers' retirement possibly look like, you might ask?

Well, perhaps these pictures might be a bit of an indication...

PlayStation®Home Picture 10-4-2011 9-29-04.jpg

PlayStation®Home Picture 10-4-2011 10-03-35.jpg

Heart ya, Jer-Bear!

Message 91 of 196 (392 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Giving of yourself with no thought of any real gain other than the satifaction that you have helped another is one of the rearest things on Earth. You have demonstrated this time and again through your years here on Home and you deserve the best from all concerned. I hope you have more time now to relax and enjoy yourself in the community you helped to shape and create. Good luck in any future endeavors Jers. And I think you will find that what my parents have told me is true, retirement doesnt mean less activity, for most find themselves busier than when they worked! LOL.

Message 92 of 196 (379 Views)
Fender Bender
2695 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Although I only know you from the forums based on your forum posts and from what people have said I'm sure you were an excellent HCV. 

I remember being quite impressed with your walking on Home post years ago.

I wish you the best on Home and presumably still on these forums in the future.

Smiley Happy

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 93 of 196 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 20, 2012

terra_cide wrote:

So, what will Jers' retirement possibly look like, you might ask?

Well, perhaps these pictures might be a bit of an indication...

PlayStation®Home Picture 10-4-2011 9-29-04.jpg

PlayStation®Home Picture 10-4-2011 10-03-35.jpg

Heart ya, Jer-Bear!

Well, no wonder he retired.

Message 94 of 196 (360 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

Wow, this thread blew up QUICKLY since it started less than 24 hours ago. 

I'd like to add my 2 cents on this amazing person I've been lucky enough to get to know over the years. 

I knew this was coming—Jers gave me a heads up several months ago that he was planning a retirement this year, and I don't blame him. Nearly 4 years of doing anything deserves a little break, and having been with him along almost all of the journey (Locust_Star and BuggieTechnica technically ran the HCV program before me—though not long each), I can definitely say I have gotten to know the real Jersquall. The man behind the polygons. He first touched me with his thread, "I can walk in Home,  which was very unlike most any other thread in our forums. I think anyone who reads it will feel touched by something genuine and special.

Over the years, Jersquall has always stepped up to the plate, always been a pillar of the Home community at large, and provided guidance to not only the n00bs in Home, but provided a mature mindset to some of our younger community members. He's tirelessly added to the culture of Home, helped lighten moods with his funny Photoshop work (and more recently some video too!), and been a solid support to some upcoming (and now legitimate in their own right) fan sites and other Home-supporting game sites. He shows up, helps keep people on task, and then slides in a joke or laugh to keep the mood positive. He only speaks in a constructive manner, and helps everyone when they need it. He's human, and therefore not perfect, but as ideal an example of what a Home Community Volunteer should be.

That said, I have a feeling he'll always be around, coming and visiting us often and keeping in touch in many other ways (you better stay active in the forums mister J!). He will certainly be missed (and he knows I've already sent him a couple bittersweet/sad panda emails). Smiley Happy

Jersquall.jpg

Message 95 of 196 (339 Views)
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Thank you Jersquall, I will miss you Smiley Sad. You served the community so well.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 96 of 196 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 20, 2012

The first time I met Jer, he invited me to his Mansion. As soon as I was there, I went into the pool and pretended I was a shark.  Jer didn't miss a beat.  He was...perfectly playful.  Even when I was a kid, I never thought anyone really got my playfulness.  I know this seems so silly, but that meant so much to me.  Oh, man, I'm starting to cry now.

I never really thought I could be a part of anything.  I'm a nerd.  A dork.  I'm a spaz.  I'm ugly.  I'm annoying.  I'm dumb.  I'm not creative.  It had gotten so bad for me that I was starting to look forward to being a crazy cat lady.  I just wanted to curl up somewhere warm and dark and just fade.  And then I found Home, and through that I found Jer.

"I'm not alone" I wanted to scream!  I was so enraged....I felt like this was something hidden from me.  I felt clean.  I was okay.  Oh, my God, I love saying that now, I am okay.

Home saved me, and Jer helped in showing me how.  I could never write anything beautiful enough to describe what this means to me.

*blows nose*

Ooookay.  So, Jer, now that you're just a user, that means you can REALLY gety silly with me!  Woo-hoo, retirement!

Message 97 of 196 (297 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jul 20, 2012

terra_cide, Hahahaha!! you got me girl' Those pics of us are still so **bleep** funny! Pi/\/\p squall! Smiley Very Happy

burbie52, Burbs I think you might be right. I will take it as it comes. go with the flow and see where the river takes me. Smiley Wink

kid_fleetwoot, Yup, I will still be here and in home. Ty for the kind words.

and LOL at KatCall75!

HomeStationMagazine
Message 98 of 196 (287 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

Glasswalls,

I have come to the understanding after reading this thread through for the third time that I am an

anomoly ''departure from the normal'' I have built relationships with not just Home users but with you and countless others. It has been so much fun! When we started the AVP (Aliens vs Predator) event I knew it was going to be a challenge. It was. Sega, Sony and the community were counting on a great event. More than anything though I wanted you to be happy with it. We spent so much time on it and it was one of my favorite events ever.

I can't count the marathon phone sessions of 6-8 hours we have spent talking and I want to share something with the forum users who don't really know the real Cade "Glasswalls'' Peterson. This man has the biggest heart I have ever seen. If you think you love Home.. I can't tell you how many times he would call late at night well after everyone else had left the Sony office ( 10, 11 O'Clock PM) To tell me about a new tour we needed to run or about a new publish item coming that he liked a lot. and other things that the NDA tattoo on my rear won't let me talk about Smiley Very Happy

You would think he would stop when work was over right? No! He would talk about Home to me his entire drive home and then even more once he got home! He loves the community and is always looking for ways to improve the Home user experience. I guarantee you he is doing so right this minute. Fin.

So.. Thank you Glasswalls for being who you are. Truly on of the best Community Managers ever. I know this to be true.

p.s. you can have me back at double my current salary of $0.00 Smiley Wink

HomeStationMagazine
Message 99 of 196 (272 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

... and other things that the NDA tattoo on my rear won't let me talk about Smiley Very Happy

What?  I just want people to consider this for a bit. 

(edit: yeah, I just want people to think about your butt.)

Message 100 of 196 (258 Views)
0 Likes