Dec 19 2012
By: M_A_S_T_E_R--KEN First Son 22 posts

STATUE OF GREATNESS scam

6 replies 377 views Edited Dec 19, 2012
The "Statue of Greatness" looks really cool based off the 3D pic when shopping, and the description says it's...."massive in both ego and SIZE" . Huh? Ok, this statue is smaller than most of the Greek statues! Your avi is almost as tall. Why say in the description that it's massive if indeed it's small? And for $5.99 !!!!! What!!!! Well, I will say this, it's not as bad as the Platinum Picture Frame $4.99, in which you can't even upload pictures to it, and it's so small you can hardly see it, more like a sparkle active item on the wall. Gosh dang it Sony. I understand their object in making money, but to COMPLETELY mislead customers this way is just not right. I like the statue, but obviously the price doesn't fit, maybe .99 would be better.
Message 1 of 7 (377 Views)
Highlighted
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: STATUE OF GREATNESS scam

Dec 19, 2012

Furniture needs a preview with a avatar next to it so users can see the size. After 4 years they really need to improve that feature. 

Message 2 of 7 (352 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Dec 19, 2012
This statue is very old and probably was the largest (or one of them) items for sale back then. Yes it is still a scam in my eyes also. But then, some people love their 'bling'ed out crap and their gold whatevers so this caters to that clientelle. you fell hook line and sinker, but dont worry you are in good company. I know a few who bought into that statue. The way I looked at it back in the day was always 'I could buy a personal space for that much'...
Support Forums
Message 3 of 7 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3272 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Misleading description bug me much more than prices inflation.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 4 of 7 (307 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Dec 21, 2012

I agree, I did fall for it, only my second time. But, I am mad at myself, and at the same time, I kinda like the statue anyways. But yes, I could've bought a nice space for that price. 

Message 5 of 7 (228 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Wait til you buy the "life-size" chessboard. Lol.
Message 6 of 7 (196 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Dec 21, 2012
If you think for even a moment that it's not done on purpose, you're out of your gourd. Any purchase, even a remorseful one, is still a purchase. Sure, sometimes Sony gives refunds. But most won't bother jumping through the hoops to do so. So ultimately, underhandedness = profit.

YMMV: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/computers-hardware-software-and-services/s...
Message 7 of 7 (127 Views)
0 Likes