Mar 10 2010
By: cbeyond Fender Bender 3203 posts

*SPOILERS* Loco Roco Island Guide

181 replies 1600 views Edited Mar 10, 2010

Since this guide was buried in an old thread, I have decided to simply republish it on its own...

UPDATED SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

scroll down to read spoilers....

This is all the work of Jason1802128

MuiMui Ship Guide by Jim777 here

Island EasterEgg Guide by MusicMan05 here

LocoIsland Mini-Game Guide

Pickory (fruit):

• (1 or 2 or 3 pickories) Dancing with the MuiMui...not all the MuiMui respond to dancing...mostly just the ones walking around or standing at ground level. This resets itself once every 12 hours and allows you do collect picori again. but not all muimui will allow you to collect with each reset. it's random. you can tell when a muimui will let you collect picori again when its choices changes to a deeper tone as it says "hello" and it doesn't wave (it's depressed and needs you to cheer it up)
  • (1,5,20,50, 100 or 5 pickories) Nuts (found on the ground) you get the reward when you give them to the floating nut muimui. you get 2 or 3 a day...mostly the 5 peckory type, but some get a LOT more. the type of nut determines its value. the type is stated in text as you retrieve the nut.
  • (# of pickories equal to the number of locorocos you have) Getting the LocoRocos to follow you and lead them together in a group. Just dance near them until they giggle. Then move a short distance, dance again and make sure they stay with you. when you have all the current locos on the island as a group...they will sing to you. this can be done once every 12 hours.
  • (10 pickories) for each 10 visitors you have to your space, you get 10 pickories. the guests count as 1 each time they come to your space. you can get this just by having the same friend visit 10 times! and the reward is repeated at 20 visitors and 30 and...You must look at your Information board to collect the prize after crosses the 10x treshhold.

LocoRocos:

• You start with 2 Locorocos
  • Each new furniture or clothing item you buy will give you one more locoroco. There are more than 18 items to but at the MuiMui shop on the MuiMui Ship space.
  • Maximum of 20.
  • BONUS: Once you reach 20 locorocos, you get a nifty hat to wear as a reward!
 images courtesy of alphazone4.com

MuiMui:

• You start with 19 muimui
  • You can interact with most of those for peckories
  • You can tell the mood of a MuiMui...if it waves at you and says "ohai" in a high-pitched voice it is happy. if it just stares at you and says "ohai" in  alow-picthed voice, it is sad. the sad once give you peckories (1, 2 or 3) when you cheer them up by dancing for them!
  • Some unlocks give you additional muimui, there will be a total of 37 (shown on the board).

Unlocks:

Unlocks are given by presenting pickories to the MuiMui king (in the theater hut in front of the screen):

1. 5 pickories - unlocks the swing on the treehouse

2. 20 pickories - unlocks a jukebox in the theater hut
3. 5
pickories - unlocks the fishing muimui

4. 15 pickories - unlocks the muimui who sits on the bridge between the theater and the treehouse and a 3rd song on the jukebox

5. 50 pickories - unlocks the reversi game (beat the muimi and get 1 pickory)

6. 15 pickories - unlocks a muimui with a beach ball

7. 20 pickories - unlocks a 4th song for the jukebox

8. 25 pickories - unlocks a beach chair

9. 60 pickories - unlocks an elevator (gives an alternate way to the upper floor of the treehouse for those not purchasing the chuppa vase)

10. 20 pickories - unlocks a muimui who plays the bongos near the treehouse entrance

11. 25 pickories - unlocks a 5th song on the jukebox

12. 50 pickories - unlocks a hammock

13. 30 pickories - unlocks a 6th song on the jukebox

14. 100 pickories - unlocks a garden (water the garden each day to grow pickory plants - takes about a week to bear fruit each time)

15. 25 pickories - unlocks a muimui with an accordian sitting on the log by the treehouse

16. 35 pickories - unlocks a 7th song on the jukebox

17. 110 pickories - unlocks a gazeebo platform with sitting mats in the upper parts of the treehouse

18. 40 pickories - unlocks an 8th song on the jukebox

19. 60 pickories - unlocks a second swing and muimui

20. 30 pickories - unlocks a muimui with a guitar by the gazeebo in the treehouse

21. 45 pickories - unlocks a 9th song on the jukebox

22. 120 pickories - unlocks a skycar on the zipline muimui use to move between the treehouse and the theater. it is the same device seen under the treehouse by glitching.

23. 50 pickories - unlocks a 10th song on the jukebox

24. 150 pickories - unlocks a diving board from the gazeebo

BONUS: After completing all 24 unlocks, the MuiMui King presents you with a MuiMui Hat! (Male and Female)

images courtesy of alphazone4.com

Pickory counts...

Unlocks cost a total of 1,305 pickories to unlock it all (about 2 weeks worth of work to unlock it all)

Pickory Exchange (On MuiMui Cruise Ship) costs a total of 6,230 pickories (about 2 MONTHS of hard work!)

Nuts:

• Nuts appear randonly on the island, mostly lying on one of the beaches. you will find at least 1 per day, sometimes up to 5!
  • There are 6 types of nuts:
    • Dried Nut - 1 Pickory (common)
    • Overripe Nut - 5 Pickories (common)
    • Juicy - 20 Pickories (common)
    • Ripe - 50 Pickories (rare)
    • Funky - 100 Pickories (rare)
    • MuiMui Fruit (not really a nut) - 5 Pickories (you grow these in your garden)
  • You exchange the nuts for Pickories with the MuiMui with the floating nuts near the garne area of the treehouse island.
  • There seems to be no pattern to the nuts in numbers or values, its just randon with a weighting towards the common ones
  • Owning the Nyokki stools gives you a nyokki by the Theater Hut. Dance by him and he will give you 1 nut every 12 hours. Tip: Owners of the stools tend to be the richest in Pickory because of this!

Furniture is functional too:

• the chuppa vase gives you a chuppa for the treehouse island. he can be used to catapult you to the upper floors of the treehouse
  • the domingo penguin stool lets domingo loose to swim around your island. he will reward you with pickories each day by dancing near him on the beach (by the muimui buried in the sand)
  • the nyokki stools (set of 3) puts a giant nyokki next to the hut that will give you an extra nut each day by dancing by it

Ornaments:

• guests to your space can unlock a locoroco ornament (not available to the owner). guests need to interact with the muimui king in the theater to get the reward.
image courtesy of alphazone4.com

Videos:

original island in Japan Home (bad lighting, sorry)

new island in North America (3rd day of island unlocking!)

I will update this guide as we find out more.

Message Edited by cbeyond on 02-20-2010 06:09 PM
Message Edited by cbeyond on 02-22-2010 06:54 PM
Message 132 of 182 (1,600 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Re: *SPOILERS* Loco Roco Island Guide

Feb 18, 2010

This much is seen without having to highlight.  Wish the whole wall was all Black instead of Gray to Black 

It's down there (to keep up with appearances of sorts)

• (1 or 2 or 3 picori) Dancing with the MuiMui...not all the MuiMui respond to dancing...mostly just the ones walking around or standing at ground level. Here are the ones I got picori from - this resets itself occasionaly, not everyday, but once every few days and allows you do collect picori again. you can tell when a muimui will let you collect picori again when its choices changes to a deeper tone as it says "hello"
  • (1,5,20,50, 100 or 5 pecori) Nuts (found on the ground) you get the reward when you give them to the floating nut muimui. you get 2 or 3 a day...mostly the 5 pecori type, but some get a LOT more. the type of nut determines its value. the type is stated in text as you retrieve the nut.
  • (# of picori equal to the number of locorocos you have) Getting the LocoRocos to follow you and lead them together in a group. Just dance near them until they giggle. Then move a short distance, dance again and make sure they stay with you. when you have all the current locos on the island as a group...they will sing to you. this can be done once per day."
Photobucket
Message 1 of 182 (1,600 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Feb 18, 2010

Hey Cbeyond - One question - did you hear about a new "tree" for 1000 points?

THANKS for any info

JPConway

Message 2 of 182 (1,600 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3203 posts

Feb 18, 2010

JPConway wrote:

Hey Cbeyond - One question - did you hear about a new "tree" for 1000 points?

THANKS for any info

JPConway

no...tell, please!

i finally got my 1,000 picori mega-hat yesterday!

my ilsand can generate about 50-100 picori per day now 8)

Message 3 of 182 (1,600 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10878 posts

Feb 18, 2010
Thanks for this cbeyond Smiley Very Happy 

@Jim777PS
Message 4 of 182 (1,600 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Feb 18, 2010

Good job there Cbeyond!

Message 5 of 182 (1,600 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2587 posts

Feb 18, 2010
THANKS!!! ^^ cbeyond
Message 6 of 182 (1,600 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
704 posts

Feb 18, 2010
Thanks Cbeyond! btw I like all you're youtube videos!

Message 7 of 182 (1,600 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Feb 18, 2010
Thanks for the guide cbeyond. Is there Loco Roco merchandise in the Mall now that I can buy so I can get more Locos?
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 8 of 182 (1,600 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2137 posts

Feb 18, 2010
I'm confused. I just bought the space. I'm supposed to get points by dancing in front of those black things or yellow ones? I'm doing it but all it does is wave hello.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 182 (1,600 Views)
0 Likes