Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Re: SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

Oct 18, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I think it's a plot to keep us buying and wearing new things only. Storage is such a nightmare. Smiley Sad

I calls it the storage closet of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Cat Mad lol

Watashi wa kyūkyoku no Saikōsai kyūbiko no megamidesu!
 photo 1296c607-7fc7-4680-a5d3-de5d021bb919_zps8a626e1a.jpg

Message 31 of 95 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

Oct 18, 2013

ImmortalKitsune wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I think it's a plot to keep us buying and wearing new things only. Storage is such a nightmare. Smiley Sad

Well my purchases are now on a snails pace. I just can't see dumping tons of new stuff into my storage anymore. I'll get a few things that interest me but that's it. Just not worth it anymore.

Message 32 of 95 (420 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ImmortalKitsune wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Well my purchases are now on a snails pace. I just can't see dumping tons of new stuff into my storage anymore. I'll get a few things that interest me but that's it. Just not worth it anymore.

Same here. There's just no point buying new stuff if it's only to loose older items I like in storage. It's the very reason  bought very few dance moves. Inventories beign full with animals and Avatar LMO's.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 33 of 95 (398 Views)
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Oct 18, 2013

PYAWAKITT wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

DarkChun-li wrote:

and a hair storage

Good point (and I'll add it to the list in the OP).

I rarely chnage my hair so I didn't think about that, but I'm sure there are many that do.

Yes this would be a big help.

As it stands now, anytime you purchase new hair, it either goes into the folder with the default hair or it goes into the folder for heads.

It needs to go into one folder so that it can be more easily found, especially for someone that changes their hair a lot.

I'd also like to be able to put the default hair into a sub folder somewhere out of sight.

Regarding purchases that go to the default hair folder, we should be able to favorite so that our new purchases don't go to the bottom of the list.. takes forever to sort through

Message 34 of 95 (397 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ImmortalKitsune wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Same here. There's just no point buying new stuff if it's only to loose older items I like in storage. It's the very reason  bought very few dance moves. Inventories beign full with animals and Avatar LMO's.

On thing that bugs me about dance moves is that you get both male and female versions with lots of them and the male versions for me go straight to storage. The thing is they simply clog my storage more and like why do I need them to begin with. I really don't understand given the disaster of inventory management why developers think this is a good idea. 

As a result I buy less and less. It's simple I'm tired of looking for stuff. 

Message 35 of 95 (386 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14140 posts

Oct 18, 2013

You have awesome points that the item management needs improvement, D. Wouldn't it be a better idea to look for an item by year separately instead of date because there are some bought content and reward items that are from '08, '09, '10, '11 that could be inside storage? 

As for the first suggestion, I certainly won't mind having a secondary folder to put in reward items and free clothing that I won't use for a while.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 36 of 95 (378 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Replying primarily to the OP.

New categories for sorting presents a difficult challenge because it would *likely* require developers to resubmit prior content with new metadata for that category. If all items were simply SCE developed items it might be more feasible for us to build a solution that forced work upon ourselves.  Forcing work upon our development community, though, requires deeper consideration.  I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying it adds an interesting layer to the conversation.

The Last Used option is solid and forwarded along.

The navigator stuff is solid too, and already in consideration.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 37 of 95 (364 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Perhaps a Deep Storage folder would help if it could be added to the one already uses. That would require however our being able to choose what goes where. 

Message 38 of 95 (357 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Oct 18, 2013

ImmortalKitsune wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I call it Narnia: A vast and dangerous kingdom inside a wardrobe that seemingly takes a lifetime to escape Smiley Tongue

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Replying primarily to the OP.

New categories for sorting presents a difficult challenge because it would *likely* require developers to resubmit prior content with new metadata for that category. If all items were simply SCE developed items it might be more feasible for us to build a solution that forced work upon ourselves.  Forcing work upon our development community, though, requires deeper consideration.  I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying it adds an interesting layer to the conversation.

The Last Used option is solid and forwarded along.

The navigator stuff is solid too, and already in consideration.

Thanks. I hope this can be implemented in all categories, especially Inventory, Hairstyles and all forms categories of Storage!

Message 39 of 95 (340 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Perhaps a Deep Storage folder would help if it could be added to the one already uses. That would require however our being able to choose what goes where. 

A second storage folder would be great, and would certainly help until maybe better wardobe management can be implemented.

With over 170 fossils, and many other items I (and am sure others) are unlikely ever to use, to be able to put them into a Deep Storage would free up so much more space in the regular storage, and thus free up our normal wardrobe spaces. With less items in the categories it would also take some of the strain out of the current filters.

I dont know how easy it would be to add a Deep Storage but it may be a quick solution to at least aleviate some of the immediate problems we're all facing, at least until a more suitable solution is found.

Message 40 of 95 (336 Views)