Fender Bender
2651 posts

Re: SONY NEED TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER

Jan 11, 2013

mrdiamond666 wrote:
D14

I was seeing B14 a lot for a while there.

Then, I stopped playing BINGO and it doesn't happen anymore. Smiley Wink

castle3
Message 31 of 50 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Every time I made a post in the supprt forum, my questions were answered.

Sometimes dcs aren't always based on the Sony servers acting it. It could even be your router acting up, resetting it sometimes helps.

Clearing your cache can help somtimes too.

Message 32 of 50 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 12, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:
I agree with what you are saying but op has some ax to grind plus used all caps in title.  Maybe it is someone who just trying to stir up hornets nest.  Even conrad max seems to agree.

Well I think your 100% the OP is trying to stir up a hornets nest.  But the question is, is it time to stir up the hornets nest? 

A lot of us are asking will Home be on the PS4?  I for one know it wont be if we keep going down the road that Sony is going down right now.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 33 of 50 (156 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Sometimes dcs aren't always based on the Sony servers acting it. It could even be your router acting up, resetting it sometimes helps.

Clearing your cache can help somtimes too.

"Clearing cache and reinstalling Home" have been the default response to most issues in Home and yet its almost always unnecessary waste of time.  Simply restarting Home is just as effective, and much faster.

While Sony wont admit it, it is actually quite easy to prove the majority of disconnect errors in Home are caused by problems with Home, and not the users set up.  Heck, even though I have a very solid network at Home (Ethernet, 20-30 Mbps typical) and still get the same frequency of disconnects as my friend with WiFi and 1-2 Mbps .... But I even took my PS3 into the office and despite a dedicated T1 connection using a private DNS address, I would still get disconnect errors in Home.

I also recently bought one of the new super slim PS3, and it gets the same disconnect errors in Home as my original FAT PS3 and its replacement a couple years ago, the 2nd gen Slim.... All of them get the same frequency of disconnect errors In Home.

Now contrast this with playing any one of my many online games, and surprise surprise... I might get a disconnect error once every (wait for it) month, and in many cases have never gotten a disconnect error in over a year while playing online.  Where as in Home, I might get as many as a dozen disconnects in a week... Sometimes, and recently no disconnects, but other times far worse.

Clearly the problem is with Home, and suggesting its just someone's set up or that clearing cache or reinstalling Home will fix it, is just nonsense.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 34 of 50 (149 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Jan 12, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Call yourself EXTREMELY lucky, as just a simple browse through the Support forum proves the majority of threads never get any official response let alone have the issue resolved.

Just look at the thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Are-We-Happy-With-The-Level-of-Communication...

The same for the so-called "Suggestion" threads, which have only proven that either no one from Sony actually reads them anymore, or they just don't care anymore.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 35 of 50 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 12, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Call yourself EXTREMELY lucky, as just a simple browse through the Support forum proves the majority of threads never get any official response let alone have the issue resolved.

Just look at the thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Are-We-Happy-With-The-Level-of-Communication...

The same for the so-called "Suggestion" threads, which have only proven that either no one from Sony actually reads them anymore, or they just don't care anymore.

When the forums switched over to Lithium, the support forum was kind of looked over from then on.

I was using it, when we were still on the other forum style.

Though you have to remember, one official has to look and reply to all the support threads. Joystick, so I put myself in their shoes.

Would you want to answer the same 10 threads on one issue over and over?

I'm sure he or she hates having to sort through which threads are more needed for a reply, then which ones aren't.

Message 36 of 50 (106 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Jan 12, 2013

mrdiamond666 wrote:
D14

you sunk my battleship.

wHNp96NMOeoe6tcprkHazkKTo1_500.png

Message 37 of 50 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Yeah, every since the forum switch the Support section has died. If you someone has problems with Home and has done everything, I would just keep messaging Joystick. If You don't get a response, then start messaging known Moderators on here. Get the help you need. Because if SCE keeps going of how they treat their problems with consumers, Home will not last long because the project will be scratched.

YB

Message 38 of 50 (88 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Jan 13, 2013

bookepride wrote:
Yeah, every since the forum switch the Support section has died. If you someone has problems with Home and has done everything, I would just keep messaging Joystick. If You don't get a response, then start messaging known Moderators on here. Get the help you need. Because if SCE keeps going of how they treat their problems with consumers, Home will not last long because the project will be scratched.

its strange how it seems that just Home support is lacking, general PlayStation support is pretty good. i think the main issue is that theres only like 3 people who handle Home support.

Message 39 of 50 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Because we all have PS3's. Just not everyone uses Home. Yeah, not that many Officials under Home Support answers problems for issues, but we can only do so much until it takes a dev or a team to then research the problem. Most of the time they just ignore an issue unless it effects revenue income in a big way. Don't want that now... General Home support you can get a answer because its problems we can fix on ourselves. If someone has their disc reader broken we can just send it off somewhere or fix it. And not wait for an official of what to do.

YB

Message 40 of 50 (77 Views)
0 Likes