Jan 11 2013
By: creed143 First Son 5 posts

SONY NEED TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER

49 replies 507 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

like it says in the title sony really need to get their act together and stop thinking about money all the time and fix these problems with their servers cause i am getting sick and tired of getting kicked from home or getting signed out of my account its true what ppl say about sony they dont care about us all they care about is making money

Message 1 of 50 (507 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: SONY NEED TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER

Jan 11, 2013

Money makes the world go round.. 

learn from that. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 2 of 50 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jan 11, 2013

creed143 wrote:

like it says in the title sony really need to get their act together and stop thinking about money all the time and fix these problems with their servers cause i am getting sick and tired of getting kicked from home or getting signed out of my account its true what ppl say about sony they dont care about us all they care about is making money

I  found that out 2yrs years ago.  They lost me as a customer.

Message 3 of 50 (482 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Jan 11, 2013

;^) Hey there. You know what? More details would help, such as what you're doing when you get booted, whether your connection is wireless or wired, etc. Also, make your complaint in the support forum, instead of the general one. That way, the folks who know how to help you will see it.

Message 4 of 50 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

;^) Hey there. You know what? More details would help, such as what you're doing when you get booted, whether your connection is wireless or wired, etc. Also, make your complaint in the support forum, instead of the general one. That way, the folks who know how to help you will see it.

yeah but the Support page sucks. I don't blame him for posting here.   Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 50 (475 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Jan 11, 2013
;^) If he wants tech support to help, post in support. If he wants sympathy and empathy, post here. Misery loves company, eh?
Message 6 of 50 (470 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:
;^) If he wants tech support to help, post in support. If he wants sympathy and empathy, post here. Misery loves company, eh?

The unfortunate truth is that the "Support" forum is where most threads go to die, as fewer and fewer of the threads in there ever get responded to let alone fix the issues people are having.  However this forum is more active, and so while the Home staff still rarely ever responds, at least in some cases the community does and can sometims help resolve an issue.

That said, unless your Conrad_Max, netwrok disconnect erros happen frequently in Home, and in most cases there is nothing you can do about it.  I have a very robust netwrok setup at Home using Ethernet and a premium high bandwidth service, and I get as many disconnect errors as my friend with lousy ISP and a WiFi setup.

The problem is with Home, but they are clearly in no rush to fix it, as its been a significant problem for over a year now.

Considering no Home staff member has ever responded to the countless requests to just add a 2nd storage folder, which should be extremely easy to implement, suggests to me Sony has decided only to offer the bare minimum to keep the service going, and nothing more.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 7 of 50 (445 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Let the moderators worry about where the post goes. I never tell anyone where they should be posting.

He has a complaint. That's all. They will move the thread if they need to. He's new. I guess Support doesn't work during major holidays haha.

Let him rant and if the thread needs to be moved, it will. That's all.

Message 8 of 50 (434 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 11, 2013
I agree that "support" is where threads go to die...
Message 9 of 50 (464 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
 I guess Support doesn't work during major holidays haha.

Just a browse through the support forum over the last year shows just how ineffective it is regardless of any holidays.  The idea that only one person responds to issues affecting what Sony claims are millions of users, is rather telling just how little regard Sony has for maintaining let alone improving Home.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 10 of 50 (463 Views)