Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Re: SINCERE THANKS to Home's "Big Spenders"

Dec 16, 2009

A person showing compassion always deserves kudos.

Not to mention, showing compassion for people who tend to never get much outside of those within the group =P 

You do NOT deserve coal =P 

Message 61 of 70 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Dec 16, 2009

Your very welcome, lol

We'll keep buying, you'll keep playing. Deal? lol

Message 62 of 70 (22 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1551 posts

Dec 17, 2009

wicked-sikk-1990 wrote:

Your very welcome, lol

We'll keep buying, you'll keep playing. Deal? lol

Lol.  If you look up this form is symbiosis, it's called parasitism.  lol.   I'm the tick on the back of Home's users!  lol

Kidding!   Cricket

Message 63 of 70 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Dec 17, 2009

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:
hey Bill!
We actually support Home even if we don't buy a thing! Home's major source of income are those advertisements you see running on billboards and video screens. Our $1 doesn't compare to a company's advertising budget. These games cost MILLIONS of dollars to make, and they spend millions to advertise it, including paying for Home and running those ads. 
 So just by going to a space with an ad in it, you are supporting Home!! It's the same as watching TV commercials to pay for your favorite tv shows.
Smiley Very Happy 

Message Edited by F1REFLY_SEREN1TY on 12-15-2009 08:56 PM

You are so right!  Even more reason why they do not need to charge $5 for a gold toilet or $7 for a space!  Smiley Happy 

I said EU got it right?  I just saw Japan!  Looks like they did too.  <sigh>

Message 64 of 70 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Dec 18, 2009

With today's content update, I'm slated to expend quite a few $$ on clothing between the Threads, Threads II, Costumes, Furniture, and Sodium shops...  Oh well... 

By the way Scourge003, the insect is a cricket in the photo... 

Scourge003 wrote:

Lol.  If you look up this form is symbiosis, it's called parasitism.  lol.   I'm the tick on the back of Home's users!  lol

Kidding!   Cricket

JenArden, Le_Zoe_Zoo
Message 65 of 70 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

Dec 18, 2009

I've spent a ton of money in Playstation Home, but I have not participated in the Festive Tree event. It feels like they're taking us for granted way too much. I've been very busy with finals, and I've had very little time this semester to just loli-gag on Home all day every day, but I always make sure to check stuff out on Thursdays' update. 

So when I got on last Thursday, the tree was broken. I figured it would be broken until the next update or three, since that's how long things usually take to get working right. I didn't even find out there were daily prizes until I got on Home on Tuesday/Wednesday (not sure which).  I didn't really care about much of what I missed. Sure the Open Beta shirt wasn't exactly a looker, but I've been in Home since Extended Closed Beta, so it would've been nice to have that shirt too.

Just think about it though, if there weren't any big spenders - they would just be giving this stuff away to probably incite people to want to get more home stuff. At that end, I would like to issue an apology.

I am sorry for spending so much money that you would think you'd have to reward our kind for doing so, and I am sorry you would think because I like to buy many Home items means that I have forgotten the joy of getting cool free stuff. To all of you people who recently entered the world of Home, I deeply apologize for purchasing stuff before you were ever around. I am sorry that I made the most out of my Home experience over the years, and that everyone else gets lumps of coal. I am part of the problem, and I am sorry for that. I just wish that next year, instead of catering to a single group of people, the Home team will thank the WHOLE COMMUNITY for just being awesome instead of just us people who had the good fortune of checking out Home earlier.

I could rant about how other regions get cool free stuff, and even cool free private spaces that are game-related (not weird buddha spaces). But no, this is the US region, and we got ourselves into the mess. We spend so much that we send SCEA the message that we don't like free stuff, well that has to stop. I feel like we're being taken advantage of, and that's not cool.

~
Message 66 of 70 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1551 posts

Dec 18, 2009

Le_Zoe_Zoo wrote:

With today's content update, I'm slated to expend quite a few $$ on clothing between the Threads, Threads II, Costumes, Furniture, and Sodium shops...  Oh well... 

By the way Scourge003, the insect is a cricket in the photo... 

Scourge003 wrote:

Kidding!   Cricket

Lol.  I know.  The cricket was in reference to the lame joke.  Not the tick.  Ha ha.  I fail at communication!!!
Message 67 of 70 (22 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1122 posts

Dec 18, 2009
Ticks, Crickets, I know theres a funny joke in there somewhere Scourge.

I don't buy much either. I get the clothes for my favorite games sometimes but that's about it. I can truly say that I don't own a single Home item that glows. But I know there are people out there that buy quite a lot. Cheers to them.
Message 68 of 70 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
435 posts

Dec 19, 2009

You're welcome.

Please send any kickbacks not to my account, but to a charity such as Breast Cancer Research, Salvation Army or the Red Cross. Oh just do your part and buy the Breast Cancer jersey from EA.  :-)

Friend of all consoles including the 360, especially the Xbox 360 actually. ;-)
Message 69 of 70 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Jun 21, 2010

CRUNKRIS wrote: 

How are u enjoying the event? There is nothing to do. You just go to the tree and are most likely told u wont get today's item, unless u wanta fork up some cash. That's it. No mini games, nothing to do, no team work, no party. Even if u have all the items they require, this event isn't fun. All you do is just collect a freebie each day at !2:00 am. Where is the experience, the task, the goal, the journey, the puzzles, the games, the decorations, the interaction, the RPG. This is just "Show us proof u bought the item and u get another item. How is that an event? I pray to God this gets better, but there is no more fun to be had with this event than u would on any other day of Home. In fact, its making me mad. When the items were free, I didn't hear anyone complain tho. ITs only when people were excluded, that the spirit of giving seemed only to be directed a certain number of users. Its looks more like the spirit of greed than giving.

I too spend lots of cash on Home.  Crazy?  Maybe.  But it's fun, IF you can afford it!  I've been on Home since very early in the closed beta and I have to say the last year has seen the most advances.  However, there is a long way to go. It seems to me the people who run the U.S. version of Home need to take lessons form the other regions.

- A holiday event to say thank you to the loyal Home users?  Great idea!  Make us PAY to get the useless prizes?  NOT GREAT. That's called a money-grab. Can you say, "Scrooge"?

- A gold chain for a prize? Why would anyone waste their precious furniture allocation by displaying this?  We need more funrniture allocation badly in most of the spaces!

- A Ninja doll?  That sure says CHRISTMAS to me!

- A guitar I need a magnifying glass to see on my 60" HDTV?

- Why is it EU Home gets a really nice Winter Wonderland with nice FREE prizes and mini-games and U.S. Home gets a tree with no music and Home logos for ornaments with worthless prizes you have to purchase stuff to get? OK, so I got yet ANOTHER t-shirt for free.  Guess what?  It's UGLY.  A 5 year old could have designed a better one.  If Sony can give its EU users nice holiday items for FREE, it can do it in U.S. too!

- A toilet that costs $5 because it is colored gold?  $7 for a private space that does nothing? Can you say, "Highway robbery without a gun"? 

- Can you place one piece of furniture next to another one without disturbing it?

- Have you lost items since the update?  Has anyone ever apologized for this publicly and told you they were coming back?

-  Is there honest and open communication between those who run Home and its loyal users?

I love Home.  I just hope Sony changes its attitude towards its loyal users.  Hell, I know I am responsible for selling at least 4-6 PS3's because I talk it up with others.  However, if U.S. Home is to really succeed, it needs better direction. Caps on pricing (like up to $2.50 for an item or $4.00 for a space tops). Give the users QUALITY items and GOOD programming. And most of all, open an honest and public dialogue with your loyal users. 

Let's hope the New Year brings these and other positive changes to Home.  It will be a mutually beneficial experience for all!  Happy New Year!

Message 70 of 70 (22 Views)