Highlighted
Dec 15 2009
By: Scourge003 Uncharted Territory 1551 posts

SINCERE THANKS to Home's "Big Spenders"

69 replies 41 views Edited Dec 15, 2009

I am having fun with the event.  So far I have not had ANY of the required "Purchasables" but I know they are saying thank you to Home's "Big Spenders".  THe following is an explanation for why I think they deserve this:

I'm not so upset myself with how this event is run because I feel the "Ballas" are the ones keeping Home afloat.  Because of them, the rest of us can enjoy Home anytime we want FOR FREE!   Because of THEM, more new items are released on a now weekly basis.  Because of THEM, Home management throws big events and tries to give freebies to whet our whistle and entice to purchase other items.

I like this business structure in Home.  Instead charging ALL of Home inhabitants to participate on a subscription basis, they let Home's most hardcore enthusiasts carry the rest of us.  This way I can enjoy it casually every once in a while after work or before popping in God of War.

I think we can all agree that given Home's inconsistencies with broken rewards and flopped events that a subscription model would fail miserably and Home would have only it most devoted users (maybe 25%) still logging in.  But it's nice to say THANK YOU to the people who do spend so much and MAKE THIS SYSTEM WORK!!!

Do I think it's crazy to spend REAL HARD EARNED CASH on virtual items that only get worn for 4 days out of the year or sit on a table that no one ever sees?   YES!!!  Thank goodness that are people out there that DON'T think that.  Am I guilty of actions I call crazy?  YES!!!   I have never spent dime one on a Home furnishing (outside of picture frames) or female wardrobe.  I HAVE bought a business suit which I wear ALL the time and I got the Dan costume and Hamster Costume.

So I will recieve out of Home for the Holidays what I actually put INTO Home throughout this past year.  One Hamster figure maybe.  Proportion-wise I think that's fair.  But even then I have a ninja figure and mini guitar that I never made ANY purchases for so already I'm AHEAD on this event. 

I know how forum posts are read and mostly they have a tone of sarcasm.  Let me make clear now that the following is NOT sarcasm and actually SINCERE! :

To all my big-spending buddies on Home, again, THANK YOU!  Enjoy your "gifts"!!!

"Gifts" in quotes because proper wording should be "bonus" or "extra".   Once again Home Management makes a horrible word choice that only serves to deceive and upset people.

Message Edited by Scourge003 on 12-15-2009 05:01 AM
Message 1 of 70 (41 Views)
I Only Post Everything
948 posts

Re: SINCERE THANKS to Home's "Big Spenders"

Dec 15, 2009
Your welcome.
READ THINK TYPE

Get your Portable ID!
Message 2 of 70 (41 Views)
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Dec 15, 2009

Scourge003 wrote:

I am having fun with the event.  So far I have not had ANY of the required "Purchasables" but I know they are saying thank you to Home's "Big Spenders".  THe following is an explanation for why I think they deserve this:

I'm not so upset myself with how this event is run because I feel the "Ballas" are the ones keeping Home afloat.  Because of them, the rest of us can enjoy Home anytime we want FOR FREE!   Because of THEM, more new items are released on a now weekly basis.  Because of THEM, Home management throws big events and tries to give freebies to whet our whistle and entice to purchase other items.

I like this business structure in Home.  Instead charging ALL of Home inhabitants to participate on a subscription basis, they let Home's most hardcore enthusiasts carry the rest of us.  This way I can enjoy it casually every once in a while after work or before popping in God of War.

I think we can all agree that given Home's inconsistencies with broken rewards and flopped events that a subscription model would fail miserably and Home would have only it most devoted users (maybe 25%) still logging in.  But it's nice to say THANK YOU to the people who do spend so much and MAKE THIS SYSTEM WORK!!!

Do I think it's crazy to spend REAL HARD EARNED CASH on virtual items that only get worn for 4 days out of the year or sit on a table that no one ever sees?   YES!!!  Thank goodness that are people out there that DON'T think that.  Am I guilty of actions I call crazy?  YES!!!   I have never spent dime one on a Home furnishing (outside of picture frames) or female wardrobe.  I HAVE bought a business suit which I wear ALL the time and I got the Dan costume and Hamster Costume.

So I will recieve out of Home for the Holidays what I actually put INTO Home throughout this past year.  One Hamster figure maybe.  Proportion-wise I think that's fair.  But even then I have a ninja figure and mini guitar that I never made ANY purchases for so already I'm AHEAD on this event. 

I know how forum posts are read and mostly they have a tone of sarcasm.  Let me make clear now that the following is NOT sarcasm and actually SINCERE! :

To all my big-spending buddies on Home, again, THANK YOU!  Enjoy your "gifts"!!!

That right there deserves kudos.   

Message 3 of 70 (41 Views)
I Only Post Everything
986 posts

Dec 15, 2009
i consider my self a big spinder in home i have most the personal spaces and i have a lot of furnicher and orniment to decorate my home but becus i dont buy the stuff i dont use like a racing helmut i dont get a spetal reward thats bs this is just a way to sell stuff ppl woudent normaly buy
i am dyslexic don't bather flaming for spelling and punctuation errors it will do no good and make you look like a fool for poking fun at the handicapped

Get your Portable ID!
Message 4 of 70 (41 Views)
Splicer
75 posts

Dec 15, 2009

Scourge003 wrote:

"Gifts" in quotes because proper wording should be "bonus" or "extra".   Once again Home Management makes a horrible word choice that only serves to deceive and upset people.

Message Edited by Scourge003 on 12-15-2009 05:01 AM

Your welcome, unless of course it shows up for free in the theater later on in that case just ignore me. LOL in all seriousness tho i buy things because i like them and i think the Big race car was worth the purchase of the helmet.
Message 5 of 70 (41 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1551 posts

Dec 15, 2009
You ladies and gentlemen DO take a LOT of flak for having your wallets full and ready every Thursday morning.   I don't have to understand WHY you do it.  I'm just thankful you all DO!  lol.    Besides,  it's entertaining to see the creations you guys make and put all over Home.  Like the winged Hamster I saw sitting at the top of that pyramid in Tibetan Village space.  Hilarious.
Message 6 of 70 (41 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Dec 15, 2009

You are most welcome! Glad my wallet could be of assistance to you. I know it has been for the Mrs for many years. Giggle!

Happy Home Days to you all always!

Message 7 of 70 (41 Views)
Fender Bender
2705 posts

Dec 15, 2009

Scourge003 wrote:

(OP snipped)

A kudo for you, I think? Make that yes because I gave you one.

I'm not your buddy and whether I'm a big spender or not may be debatable (I bought all spaces in Real Estate so one can make their own judgement.)

Anyway, re your  THANK YOU! you're welcome (if i'm a big spender). Enjoy your game(s). 

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 8 of 70 (41 Views)
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Dec 15, 2009

Dude,your a champion...What a guy...That truly is one of my things.My mom raised me to be like that...

..I would give the shirt off my back to someone who deserved it and you sir...I would gladly,give 2...

Message Edited by musicman1234 on 12-15-2009 07:19 AM
Message 9 of 70 (41 Views)
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Dec 15, 2009

You Sr. are totally welcome.

I'm a big time spender I have all the personal spaces including the clubhouse and a lot I mean alot of purchased items.

I have even bought the ninja bundle to get the figurine and just bought the helmet to get the race car.

If Sony decides to give it for "free" in the theater again like the guitar and the ninja figurine, its ok, because everyone should get these items. 

As for me if I see something i like, I gotta have it (just in Home) Example overprice golden toillet seat lol

Message Edited by Subervielle on 12-15-2009 06:14 AM

Message 10 of 70 (41 Views)