Feb 18 2009
By: shakingpee First Son 13 posts

SHORT TIME TYPING TIPS!!!!!!!!!

60 replies 29 views Edited Feb 18, 2009
Message Updated!

INTRODUCTION: In philippines, filipinos are addicted to texting! well, its so hard to text epsecially
when you are texting a very long sentences! But filipinos are very creative to think of this thing to shorten
the sentence you are typing...In ps home, it's like texting but you need to use your controller in typing
what you want to say, that's why we need this tips to shorten time typing the sentence you want to say!

abbreriations first!

BRB=be right back
AKA=also known as
ASAP=as soon as possible
GG=good game
G2G=got to go
JK=just kidding

etc....

1ST TIPS!!!

>>>>>> USING THE RHYMING LETTERS and WORDS:

u = means you
 (why? just read letter u! and so you read it as you!)
r = means are
(why? read letter r! so its are!)
c = means see
(why? read letter c! so you can read it as see)

>>>>>USING THE RHYMING WORDS and NUMBERS:

2 = means to
(read number 2! and so you read it as to)
4 = means for
(read as number 4! for!)
8 = means ate
(read number 8! and so its ate!)

Ok! eXample for 1ST tips:
 1."u h8 him, don't u?"
read as:"you hate him,don't you?
2."i c u last time!"
read as:"i see you last time!"
3."this flowers r 4 u!"
read as:"this flowers are for you"

is it cool!?

2ND TIPS!!!

>>>>>USING NUMBERS TO DOUBLE the TEXT WRITTEN

2 = x2
3 = x3

exampLes:
 1."go shakingpee go2 shakingpee go!"
the go2 read as:"go go"
2."i watch the procession of spring,then2 i will return home"
the then2 read as:"then, then"

3RD TIPS!!!

>>>>>COMBINING SHORTCUT LETTERS and NUMBERS!

w8(w-EIGHT) = wait/weight
re2rn(re-TWO-urn) = return
2rn(TWO-rn) =  turn
l8(l-EIGHT) = late
h8(l-EIGHT) = height

and so on...it's now up to you how to use those tips..! if this thread became popular,
then maybe later on besides on abbrevriation we will then use this tips to shorten
typing time when we chat on ps home!

SHAKINGPEE WROTES BACK:
thanks to all who give their personal messages and opinions....i accept it all...most of all disagrees,but its ok...
i understand that all of us have their personal opinions...and i have mine's too...but pls dont be mad at me...i just want to know
if this thing gonna rock the PS HOME WORLD...and so i know..it will not rock the PS HOME WORLD....
that's all! i'm sorry...i'm going to buy keyboard in the near future as you suggests me...again, thank you to all who made their opinions..!
while, to all who say bad things to filipinos out there...sorry but filipinos is not like what you think...i hope you understand that the filipino language
are very different to the english language to use that such of things in chatting,texting,etc....again and again...sorry and thank you!
see ya all in the PS HOME the next time i play the game! i hope we have a chance to became friends there... BYE!!!! =D

Message Edited by shakingpee on 02-18-2009 06:04 PM
Message 22 of 61 (29 Views)
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Re: SHORT TIME TYPING TIPS!!!!!!!!!

Feb 17, 2009

I disagree with this.

Considering your words are pretty much all you have on the internet ( gaming/home included) you would think you would want to utilize every word you can and spell correctly while doing so. Look how ALOT of people type here on the forums. "HLP M2 PLZ, I ND HELP WIT PS3!!!"

Its disgusting and an abomination to not only the english language, but every language.

I DONT want to communicate with someone who types "ok gr8 c u thr" I know you 12 year olds love the shorthand text type, but its horrible.

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Message 1 of 61 (29 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1849 posts

Feb 17, 2009

Neridqe wrote:

I disagree with this.

Considering your words are pretty much all you have on the internet ( gaming/home included) you would think you would want to utilize every word you can and spell correctly while doing so. Look how ALOT of people type here on the forums. "HLP M2 PLZ, I ND HELP WIT PS3!!!"

Its disgusting and an abomination to not only the english language, but every language.

I DONT want to communicate with someone who types "ok gr8 c u thr" I know you 12 year olds love the shorthand text type, but its horrible.

I agree.  I'm glad I haven't fallen victim to the text message generation.

Message 2 of 61 (29 Views)
Wastelander
791 posts

Feb 17, 2009

shakingpee wrote:
INTRODUCTION: In philippines, filipinos are addicted to texting! well, its so hard to text epsecially
when you are texting a very long sentences! But filipinos are very creative to think of this thing to shorten
the sentence you are typing...In ps home, it's like texting but you need to use your controller in typing
what you want to say, that's why we need this tips to shorten time typing the sentence you want to say!

abbreriations first!

BRB=be right back
AKA=also known as
ASAP=as soon as possible
GG=good game
G2G=got to go
JK=just kidding

etc....

1ST TIPS!!!

>>>>>> USING THE RHYMING LETTERS and WORDS:

u = means you
 (why? just read letter u! and so you read it as you!)
r = means are
(why? read letter r! so its are!)
c = means see
(why? read letter c! so you can read it as see)

>>>>>USING THE RHYMING WORDS and NUMBERS:

2 = means to
(read number 2! and so you read it as to)
4 = means for
(read as number 4! for!)
8 = means ate
(read number 8! and so its ate!)

Ok! eXample for 1ST tips:
 1."u h8 him, don't u?"
read as:"you hate him,don't you?
2."i c u last time!"
read as:"i see you last time!"
3."this flowers r 4 u!"
read as:"this flowers are for you"

is it cool!?

2ND TIPS!!!

>>>>>USING NUMBERS TO DOUBLE the TEXT WRITTEN

2 = x2
3 = x3

exampLes:
 1."go shakingpee go2 shakingpee go!"
the go2 read as:"go go"
2."i watch the procession of spring,then2 i will return home"
the then2 read as:"then, then"

3RD TIPS!!!

>>>>>COMBINING SHORTCUT LETTERS and NUMBERS!

w8(w-EIGHT) = wait/weight
re2rn(re-TWO-urn) = return
2rn(TWO-rn) =  turn
l8(l-EIGHT) = late
h8(l-EIGHT) = height

and so on...it's now up to you how to use those tips..! if this thread became popular,
then maybe later on besides on abbrevriation we will then use this tips to shorten
typing time when we chat on ps home!

This would be fine for text messages via cell phone. I personally get sick of seeing these shortcuts littering my tv screen. Just get a keyboard, it's faster and more legible.  

PiI0t0fTheSt0rm
Message 3 of 61 (29 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
675 posts

Feb 17, 2009

Even when I text on my phone I don't type like this. I still write out everything.

Message 4 of 61 (29 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1650 posts

Feb 17, 2009

Neridqe wrote:

I disagree with this.

I completely concur.
I generally ignore people on Home who use shorthand. I normally tell them to come talk to me again when they can use proper grammar.

SG-17SG-17
Message 5 of 61 (29 Views)
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Feb 17, 2009

Shootokill wrote:

Even when I text on my phone I don't type like this. I still write out everything.

same here..

when I get phone texts I always spell my words out. If it takes someone 15 seconds to type "text shorthand" style,  then whats the harm taking an additional 15 seconds to spell or atleast make an attempt to spell everything correctly using full words?

Yes I make spelling errors,,but "text shorthand" is really pathetic.

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Message 6 of 61 (29 Views)
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Feb 17, 2009
I'm sorry but the short hand type annoys me greatly. I like to type out full words and sentences when I'm chatting with someone online or in Home.  Now when I'm texting someone I may use it to save time, but not all the time.
Message 7 of 61 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4030 posts

Feb 17, 2009

/facepalm = /facepalm

Sorry, just type normally and utilze the predictive text dictionary and you wont look like a complete moron. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 61 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5866 posts

Feb 17, 2009
a lot of people already know this, there was no point to this thread
Message 9 of 61 (29 Views)