Apr 18 2010
By: Spidey817 I Only Post Everything 1191 posts

SFIV Alternate Costumes

5 replies 26 views Edited Apr 18, 2010

Can someone fill me in on how this works? Do I have to own, say, the original Ryu outfit in order to use the Ryu alternate? Or just the parts the description lists?

I've never bought one before and I can't seem to find any answers.

Thanks, appreciate it. Search is returning no results no matter what I search.

Message 1 of 6 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: SFIV Alternate Costumes

Apr 18, 2010

The Home outfits? You can buy the alternate outfits, you don't need the original outfits in order to get the alternates

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 6 (26 Views)
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Apr 18, 2010

Spidey817 wrote:

Can someone fill me in on how this works? Do I have to own, say, the original Ryu outfit in order to use the Ryu alternate? Or just the parts the description lists?

I've never bought one before and I can't seem to find any answers.

Thanks, appreciate it. Search is returning no results no matter what I search.

I don't believe that you need the original outfits to get/wear the alternates.  Just go ahead and buy the alternate outfit(s).

Message 3 of 6 (26 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1191 posts

Apr 18, 2010

Yeah, I was talking about the Home costumes. Some of the descriptions say that some parts of the original costumes are necessary, so I wasn't sure.

Thanks for the replies.

Message 4 of 6 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Apr 18, 2010

No worries. Yeah you can just go buy the alternates, you don't need the originals first

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 5 of 6 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
401 posts

Apr 18, 2010

The alternate Street Fighter costumes can only be purchased in bundles at the Street Fighter lobby. The alternate costumes will have a description attached, telling you to purchase the other separate items in order to complete the full outfit, for example;

If you were to buy the alternate costume for C.Viper it'll say, "Complete this outfit by purchasing the earrings, hair, glasses, etc to complete this outfit." completing outfits only makes it so that you can use character special abilities with your avatar in the Street Fighter lobby and only in the Street Fighter lobby.

Hope this wasn't too confusing & I hope it answers your question!

Message 6 of 6 (26 Views)