Jul 24 2013
By: smokingpistol Ghost of Sparta 9504 posts

SCEA vs. SCEE

13 replies 1092 views Edited Jul 24, 2013
So for those unaware, for the last few months, Sony has been developing original content (clothes, furniture, companions, spaces) that we have not received and probably never will.

We used to get what they would get, sometimes at different times and not in sync, but we have had maintenance after maintenace without them bringing these items. It pains me and frustrates me that not only is it hard to get other devs items but we cant even get Sonys own in house made items anymore?!?! I mean seriously open up the 'playstation home' tab under new and featured every week in EU and they get GREAT items (like an entire boxing ring!!! adorned with the Home logo).

Not only that, but for the items they have that we do get in stores, they offer bundles which make them significantly cheaper. Like the mountie bundles from Canada Day and the independance items for July 4th for example. In essence although our region is NA, they get these items at a discount in bundle form while we here do not.

The reason I am so fed up with this is something I noticed today.

The Animated Electromagnetic armor was available here in the E3 commerce point and was only available when E3 was on. They did not offer bundle pricing, it was all seperates and those pieces added up to $7 or $8 dollars. I bought it before they stopped selling it.

Not only does EU have it nor for sale regularly (no time constraints) but they have it priced in a bundle for get this, £1.99.

Woah that stings.

Stop with this sketchy price tactics management. And for the love of god, bring us the items that were already made by your UK dev team.

The inconsistances in this region (and this region only) are staggering. Your money grubbing schemes are disgusting.
S
Support Forums
Message 1 of 14 (1,092 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: SCEA vs. SCEE

Jul 24, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
So for those unaware, for the last few months, Sony has been developing original content (clothes, furniture, companions, spaces) that we have not received and probably never will.

We used to get what they would get, sometimes at different times and not in sync, but we have had maintenance after maintenace without them bringing these items. It pains me and frustrates me that not only is it hard to get other devs items but we cant even get Sonys own in house made items anymore?!?! I mean seriously open up the 'playstation home' tab under new and featured every week in EU and they get GREAT items (like an entire boxing ring!!! adorned with the Home logo).

Not only that, but for the items they have that we do get in stores, they offer bundles which make them significantly cheaper. Like the mountie bundles from Canada Day and the independance items for July 4th for example. In essence although our region is NA, they get these items at a discount in bundle form while we here do not.

The Animated Electromagnetic armor was available here in the E3 commerce point and was only available when E3 was on. They did not offer bundle pricing, it was all seperates and those pieces added up to $7 or $8 dollars. I bought it before they stopped selling it.

Not only does EU have it nor for sale regularly (no time constraints) but they have it priced in a bundle for get this, £1.99.

Woah that stings.

Stop with this sketchy price tactics management. And for the love of god, bring us the items that were already made by your UK dev team.

The inconsistances in this region (and this region only) are staggering. Your money grubbing schemes are disgusting.
S

I totally agree.

But, sometimes things made in EU can't make it in NA. Some things in NA can't make it to EU.

The discounts....I don't understand.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 14 (1,074 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jul 24, 2013
Dude we can get all of the content if made by Sony. The only exceptions I can honestly think of that couldnt feasibly make the jump are the home square and winter wonderland personal spaces as we never really got those places originally.

They do bring pieces over but always attatched to some rediculous scam like limited time sellings or whatever. For example, EU today got a bunch of necklace items for men. Each priced at a dollar I believe. We got ONE of those necklaces today, but only if you buy that $9.99 bundle from either the marina or diamond mansion open house.
Meaning that if I only want that one necklace, id have to spend 10 bucks on a bunch of other crap i dont want just to get it. We will probably never see the other necklaces nor will we see some of the other GREAT items. Necklaces arent that cool, but theres a ton we are missing that actually is. If we do see them you better believe youre looking at spending close to $10 to get them somehow either in bundles or whatever.

If you stay in the NA region only this may not be an issue. If you are aware of the way things run elsewhere though, you will see North America is the only shiesty one who does this kind of practice. Its pretty shameful actually and makes me wish I had originally started spending my $ in another region that is run properly. JP, EU or even Asia take your pick. Great management in all of them. We really do have scam artists running NA Home. Its not new news, but it is infuriating sometimes.
Support Forums
Message 3 of 14 (1,053 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jul 24, 2013
I agree, because you're cool Smiley Tongue
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 4 of 14 (1,040 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4411 posts

Jul 24, 2013
Guess who's getting Dave Guetta... Smiley Very Happy (hint....not NA!)

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 5 of 14 (1,029 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jul 24, 2013
Yes thanks Ed I was goinf to start that topic as well but would you do the honors? Seeing as how its your region and all?
Wonder if its Hed Kandi all over again?

Ps. Dont rub it in jerkstore Smiley Tongue

Pps. Youre cool too Chad. Thanks. I think? lol give me your Diamond Beach mansion code NAOW
Support Forums
Message 6 of 14 (1,019 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jul 24, 2013
But....I lost it...Smiley Sad
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 7 of 14 (1,006 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 24, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:
Guess who's getting Dave Guetta... Smiley Very Happy (hint....not NA!)

He was born in Paris, France.

So it's understandable why EU would get that.

Message 8 of 14 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Fatality

SCEA Wins

Flawless victory

Message 9 of 14 (995 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
604 posts

Jul 24, 2013

smokingpistol wrote 07-18-2013 02:29 PM

Tempest_Fire I know there are people that complain but youre doing a good job man. Youre on top of things in a way we havent had in a while. Personal kudos for managing while listening ^_^

smokingpistol wrote: 07-24-2013 12:25 PM

Woah that stings.

S
Make up your mind about home
ADD stargatefan2 for home space tours i own 145 spaces
Message 10 of 14 (988 Views)
0 Likes