Fender Bender
2781 posts

Re: Rest in peace Tranny_Got_Swag

Feb 12, 2014

lauranichole25 wrote:
Wow wow wow...wait a minute.....Tranny was an alt? And Penguin too? I've been out of the loop for a while....who are the main accounts attached to these alts?.....I guess the gossip girl was an alt too?

Your not the only one, so many times I've read "people know who the alts are", well, I haven't got a clue!

You've got my curiosity up now, who was Penguin and Tranny, and the other alts? Although part of me is a little afraid to know what the answer to this is...

Message 21 of 40 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4703 posts

Feb 12, 2014
Tranny actually was pretty open about being an alt.
Message 22 of 40 (501 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2014

Mermaid-KT wrote:

lauranichole25 wrote:
Wow wow wow...wait a minute.....Tranny was an alt? And Penguin too? I've been out of the loop for a while....who are the main accounts attached to these alts?.....I guess the gossip girl was an alt too?

Your not the only one, so many times I've read "people know who the alts are", well, I haven't got a clue!

You've got my curiosity up now, who was Penguin and Tranny, and the other alts? Although part of me is a little afraid to know what the answer to this is...

I'm curious, too. I thought Tranny was Soulycon, but when I asked Souly, he said he isn't Tranny. Hmm, maybe Ed or Chad is Tranny?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 40 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12525 posts

Feb 12, 2014

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

Left4Dinner wrote:

no one died then, right?

No one died. Tranny is still alive. Tranny's probably going to continue using their main account from now on.

Probably not, since they sent me an XMB message after my comment.......Smiley Surprised

Message 24 of 40 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Feb 12, 2014

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

We're doing farewell threads for alts now?

Appears that way given we have so many of them. It's interesting to see that there are even those who claim alts are a problem who are some of the main offenders. Not everyone is that naive. 

Don't get the need for them but they are certainly in vogue. 

In that case, RIP stardeth101!! Hope someday to see you on the other side (of the XMB)! Smiley Wink

Photobucket
Message 25 of 40 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 12, 2014

stardeth wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

We're doing farewell threads for alts now?

Appears that way given we have so many of them. It's interesting to see that there are even those who claim alts are a problem who are some of the main offenders. Not everyone is that naive. 

Don't get the need for them but they are certainly in vogue. 

In that case, RIP stardeth101!! Hope someday to see you on the other side (of the XMB)! Smiley Wink

Maybe when Uncharted 4 comes out? That is if they set up matchmaking that makes sense in multiplayer. Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 40 (462 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Feb 12, 2014

EdwCarnby wrote:

Only they wont return, because people figured out who it was. Add to that the people they made buddies with were sometimes people they never got on with usually on their main account. Its the same story as PenguinInPyjamas.

Dont get me wrong, i sort of miss the antics, i just wish they could be themselves on their main account. I feel sorry for them because they cant get people to like them for who they are on their main.

the thing with "alts" is just that though, they're made so most people can go outside their social barrier & act differently for fun. this profile for instance, i made it back in 2008 to do teamkill hits on people in Medal of Honor Airborne but i've since repurposed it as a more private & fun account. i can get on here & i can do dorky crap & whatever i like without dealing with anyone but my closest friends who realise it's for fun rather than being looked at differently & having to try to accommodate other people & how they think of me. as widowmaker44 i'm seen ALOT differently by hundreds of people but on here i can sit around & do nothing but listen to music on Home in peace without being hounded to play BF 24/7. 

"alts" are freedom, you can keep a more clean image i guess as your other account & still have whatever fun you want. i love my second profile because of this. i post here as msx because i only use Home on this profile to keep "tag alongs" away, it's easier for friend management & it's just more fun than having to be serious or act serious 24/7. i don't have to play clan leader/diplomat & i don't have to play at my best in other games to keep my clans & my own status high.

some on here will say "well if you have an alt you're obviously using it for nefarious purposes like trolling" not exactly. as i've just mentioned i use mine to escape the daily onslaught i face as one of the top BF players & leader of a 6 year old clan with close to 400 members worldwide. you guys have no idea the hell i deal with daily. this is why i degrade people on here that complain about "not nice people" to me what you all are complaining about is barely even a tenth of my daily grind & would be a cake walk but you act as though it was an international incident. i've dealt with hackers & trolls since the days of playing quake 2 online with crap dial-up, while annoying it's more annoying to see a forum flooded with complaints demanding a change in the internet & people as a whole.

to me i don't see a problem with this person playing up the death of one of their favorite characters or see any problem in them even using an alt. sure being honest about yourself is smiled upon but it gets old having to obey false societal barriers & live up to expectations. this person took their character & made it a key to their own freedom but at the same time what they were looking to escape came back & made them abandon it's use. 

will they make another & continue to have the same fun? i hope so because even the smallest bits of creativity & the ability to have fun with it is one of the greatest things a person can do to truly free themselves from societies bonds. this is what games are, it's what they're about, it's what the whole make.believe movement by sony was about, freeing yourself from reality so you can enjoy the freedom to be whatever you want to be, weather that's a special ops soldier race car driver or a tour guide in Home. this is the fundamental premise of video games & i think alot of people need to find those roots again instead of expecting others to conform to the way they want to be seen & act.

Message 27 of 40 (428 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1065 posts

Feb 12, 2014

Tranny get your **bleep** back here, it's no fun without you! xD

Sorry to see you go~

△○×□
Message 28 of 40 (421 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 12, 2014

msx293 wrote:

EdwCarnby wrote:

Only they wont return, because people figured out who it was. Add to that the people they made buddies with were sometimes people they never got on with usually on their main account. Its the same story as PenguinInPyjamas.

Dont get me wrong, i sort of miss the antics, i just wish they could be themselves on their main account. I feel sorry for them because they cant get people to like them for who they are on their main.

the thing with "alts" is just that though, they're made so most people can go outside their social barrier & act differently for fun. this profile for instance, i made it back in 2008 to do teamkill hits on people in Medal of Honor Airborne but i've since repurposed it as a more private & fun account. i can get on here & i can do dorky crap & whatever i like without dealing with anyone but my closest friends who realise it's for fun rather than being looked at differently & having to try to accommodate other people & how they think of me. as widowmaker44 i'm seen ALOT differently by hundreds of people but on here i can sit around & do nothing but listen to music on Home in peace without being hounded to play BF 24/7. 

"alts" are freedom, you can keep a more clean image i guess as your other account & still have whatever fun you want. i love my second profile because of this. i post here as msx because i only use Home on this profile to keep "tag alongs" away, it's easier for friend management & it's just more fun than having to be serious or act serious 24/7. i don't have to play clan leader/diplomat & i don't have to play at my best in other games to keep my clans & my own status high.

some on here will say "well if you have an alt you're obviously using it for nefarious purposes like trolling" not exactly. as i've just mentioned i use mine to escape the daily onslaught i face as one of the top BF players & leader of a 6 year old clan with close to 400 members worldwide. you guys have no idea the hell i deal with daily. this is why i degrade people on here that complain about "not nice people" to me what you all are complaining about is barely even a tenth of my daily grind & would be a cake walk but you act as though it was an international incident. i've dealt with hackers & trolls since the days of playing quake 2 online with crap dial-up, while annoying it's more annoying to see a forum flooded with complaints demanding a change in the internet & people as a whole.

to me i don't see a problem with this person playing up the death of one of their favorite characters or see any problem in them even using an alt. sure being honest about yourself is smiled upon but it gets old having to obey false societal barriers & live up to expectations. this person took their character & made it a key to their own freedom but at the same time what they were looking to escape came back & made them abandon it's use. 

will they make another & continue to have the same fun? i hope so because even the smallest bits of creativity & the ability to have fun with it is one of the greatest things a person can do to truly free themselves from societies bonds. this is what games are, it's what they're about, it's what the whole make.believe movement by sony was about, freeing yourself from reality so you can enjoy the freedom to be whatever you want to be, weather that's a special ops soldier race car driver or a tour guide in Home. this is the fundamental premise of video games & i think alot of people need to find those roots again instead of expecting others to conform to the way they want to be seen & act.

So in other words, you're too much of a coward to speak your mind under your original fake Internet name.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 29 of 40 (389 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Feb 12, 2014

TGStombstone.png

>.>

HomeStationMagazine