Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Rest in peace Home Community.

Mar 10, 2011

TucoMcFly wrote:

Theres personal situations in his post but the fact is that home is just one big glorified virtual high school. Filled with the drama,social pariahs and thanks to the community theatre poorly produced morning announc...I mean pod casts. With many users happy to throw their weight around as if theres some pecking order we should abide by. Thats if you can wade through the pervs,pranksters and gangstas that overflood home to find them. Yes many users dont fall into any of these categories but as a daily user whos always in a public space I rarely find them.

Home is more a haven for the bored or the phoney tough to pass their time or theres those who refuse to talk to any Newwbs due to their constant harrasment experiences from other newwbs. Those are the majority of people I see everywhere and to tell me otherwise would be laughable. Thats the home community the real one we experience everyday. The one i experience just by standing around. I wouldnt be proud about being a big shot in a virtual land of 13-15 year olds or those who would have you think they were just by reading their texts.

Many of the quality people ive known on home have quit all together or are rarely on it anymore,maybe they got a real life or maybe they just got tired of the never ending cliqueness and lame flirtations. So yes RIP home community of decent users as those users are few and far between.

There are plenty of decent users in home. I have 100 on my list and others I'd like to add. And all of them have real lives as well as fun lives in a virtual world.

Message 171 of 177 (467 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1307 posts

Apr 23, 2011

Jim777 wrote:

There was once a time where PlayStation Home had a huge community full of passionate and engaged fans who love being a part of the application and the forums, they held events, knew eachother by name, and had fun.

Fun.

Back when then I posted frequently, there wasn’t a day that went by without me posting in the forums. It was more than just discussing news and upcoming events and updates with people, it was discussing how we where impacting the platform, it was the comradery, the sense that you where one of many who shared your interests.

That community is long since dead.

I barely post here anymore, and it’s not just the fact that these forums make it miserable to do so, it’s the fact that I don’t feel like I need to. If I want to talk about Home I just do it with my friends inside of Home, or on Twitter, etc. No longer do I feel like its worth my time to post in the forums. They have turned into a hostile environment where it feels like people are competing and not cooperating. The forums are not inviting to new users, they are not open to different ideas and opinions. What’s more is that I can’t even make a thread grow and change, once its posted its locked in stone and I have no flexibility.

I haven’t attended an event in months.

Early in the community’s life we would often have events hosted by the Home managers, sometimes with prizes sometimes just for fun. However as it stands now I have not attend any event in Home, official or otherwise, in several months. This is because users simply can’t throw proper events. Sure we can gather in a space, put down bubbles and dance. That was fun once, maybe twice. Now it’s just really boring and old. An event needs to be something dynamic, something that doesn’t feel like anything else. Something that feels like it has purpose. And Home is such a great platform for these kinds of events, for developers to speak with their fans, for management to let its hair down and speak openly with the community, and so on.

Managers don’t feel like people.

I miss GlassWalls. Not HCS GlassWalls, I miss Mod GlassWalls. Head Moderator GlassWalls enjoyed spending time with the community, speaking to people, having fun, playing tricks, and being a part of the community. HCS GlassWalls robotically posts on the blog, maybe spits out an automated reply to a question or complaint, and does little else. I had hoped he would retain his personality in his new job, and he has not. I would speak more about Locust_Star but simply put he never quite let his hair down like Glass used to.

Users shouldn’t run the show.

I won’t mention any names, but I will say this. Management is not running the show right now. Two users are, one of whom is a nice person and is being used by someone close and being slowly turned into someone not so nice. I will be discussing this more at a later date but I would like to see the HCV program returned to management and not being run by users. No Home user should have any more power of influence than any other user.

I don’t feel like myself anymore.

I would love to go back and speak to myself a year ago; I would love to get some of the energy and spirit from that Jim777. But I can’t, this community has been slowly burning me out, I tried the “Reap what you sow” method and have reaped and reaped and reaped. I would love to sow something. I don’t post like I used to, partly because the forums are such a pain to use now and partly because I don’t feel like I know anyone around the community anymore.

People are being hurt.

People are being bullied, lied to, misguided, threatened, told to not speak, told their opinions are wrong, told what they can or cannot do, spied on, interrogated all from the users they were told and once thought they could trust. (Those same users that are now running things.)

I miss the fun.

I miss CydoniaX.

I hate the politics.

I miss events.

I hate the sterility.

I miss the users who have left.

I don’t know the users who are here.

I wish I could say we could go back to the way things where. We can’t.

I wish I could say we could fix it. But we are past that point.

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe I’m right.

I really hope I’m not right.

Yes Jim777 one of the reasons that I do not get on Home anymore aside from the fact that I have alot of things that keep me busy, is because I dont feel Welcome on Home, I remember at one point I loved getting on Home and all of a sudden I felt like Home was asking me to leave so I left and I havent got a letter saying they wont me back so I dont go back.

Message 172 of 177 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 23, 2011

hi jim. its rob, i know what you mean. so much has changed on home in recent months and i hate to say not much for the better when it comes to the people on home being one big happy family. I thinnk  Jim we've met and is so  what i know is wish id come by and see you more often. times like this make you think what willbe lost. if home doesnt return.

Message 173 of 177 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 23, 2011

hi joanna, maybe this is what it will take for the people to relize what a special place they have called home again.(i hope) and yes joanna dark this could be aletter to come back to those you know and to those you might kknow ounce again. Happy easter  joanna

Message 174 of 177 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1115 posts

Apr 23, 2011

Ok people show Jim some love. He is sad right now. Jim needs a homie hug.http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee302/pattysangels/hug.gif

Message 175 of 177 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Apr 24, 2011

I guess I am just totally different than most people in the way I use and view HOME....

I really don't understand the way everyone has posted on this topic...

Not saying that's a good or bad thing it just really confuses me...

Along the lines that I have never seen much value in these aspects of HOME....

Everyone meeting in a space to launch into a game?

I never understood the big deal with that...

I've spent about a total of 20 minutes in a club, at club events and what not...

I found it to be an empty experience....

I just love making friends one at a time... socializing with them in public mostly... playing mini-games...

I truly don't understand the vast majority of forum users that place so much emphasise on organized events and clubs...

I just never understood the appeal.... and now that I think about.. all the friends I've made in HOME are not into these things at all either....

When I discuss with my friends what are wishes are for HOME, it's always more along the lines of functional in world feature improvements... as alot of you may know I post about alot... I'm more of a core update fan

Again, not saying this is a better or worse way to spend time in the virtual world...

Just took me by suprise the amount of forum users that seem to all be different from me....

But for me... and the friends on my XMB List... a more frequent core update effort would send us into chaotic enthusiasm for PlayStation HOME...

So really, for me.... HOME is always better than it used to be before... and never near good enough

Photobucket
and I like to do drawerings! ♫
Message 176 of 177 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

May 16, 2011

Jim777 wrote:

There was once a time where PlayStation Home had a huge community full of passionate and engaged fans who love being a part of the application and the forums, they held events, knew eachother by name, and had fun.

Fun.

Back when then I posted frequently, there wasn’t a day that went by without me posting in the forums. It was more than just discussing news and upcoming events and updates with people, it was discussing how we where impacting the platform, it was the comradery, the sense that you where one of many who shared your interests.

That community is long since dead.

I barely post here anymore, and it’s not just the fact that these forums make it miserable to do so, it’s the fact that I don’t feel like I need to. If I want to talk about Home I just do it with my friends inside of Home, or on Twitter, etc. No longer do I feel like its worth my time to post in the forums. They have turned into a hostile environment where it feels like people are competing and not cooperating. The forums are not inviting to new users, they are not open to different ideas and opinions. What’s more is that I can’t even make a thread grow and change, once its posted its locked in stone and I have no flexibility.

I haven’t attended an event in months.

Early in the community’s life we would often have events hosted by the Home managers, sometimes with prizes sometimes just for fun. However as it stands now I have not attend any event in Home, official or otherwise, in several months. This is because users simply can’t throw proper events. Sure we can gather in a space, put down bubbles and dance. That was fun once, maybe twice. Now it’s just really boring and old. An event needs to be something dynamic, something that doesn’t feel like anything else. Something that feels like it has purpose. And Home is such a great platform for these kinds of events, for developers to speak with their fans, for management to let its hair down and speak openly with the community, and so on.

Managers don’t feel like people.

I miss GlassWalls. Not HCS GlassWalls, I miss Mod GlassWalls. Head Moderator GlassWalls enjoyed spending time with the community, speaking to people, having fun, playing tricks, and being a part of the community. HCS GlassWalls robotically posts on the blog, maybe spits out an automated reply to a question or complaint, and does little else. I had hoped he would retain his personality in his new job, and he has not. I would speak more about Locust_Star but simply put he never quite let his hair down like Glass used to.

Users shouldn’t run the show.

I won’t mention any names, but I will say this. Management is not running the show right now. Two users are, one of whom is a nice person and is being used by someone close and being slowly turned into someone not so nice. I will be discussing this more at a later date but I would like to see the HCV program returned to management and not being run by users. No Home user should have any more power of influence than any other user.

I don’t feel like myself anymore.

I would love to go back and speak to myself a year ago; I would love to get some of the energy and spirit from that Jim777. But I can’t, this community has been slowly burning me out, I tried the “Reap what you sow” method and have reaped and reaped and reaped. I would love to sow something. I don’t post like I used to, partly because the forums are such a pain to use now and partly because I don’t feel like I know anyone around the community anymore.

People are being hurt.

People are being bullied, lied to, misguided, threatened, told to not speak, told their opinions are wrong, told what they can or cannot do, spied on, interrogated all from the users they were told and once thought they could trust. (Those same users that are now running things.)

I miss the fun.

I miss CydoniaX.

I hate the politics.

I miss events.

I hate the sterility.

I miss the users who have left.

I don’t know the users who are here.

I wish I could say we could go back to the way things where. We can’t.

I wish I could say we could fix it. But we are past that point.

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe I’m right.

I really hope I’m not right.

Beautifully stated Jimbo, you're spot on. Politics do suck, live by the sword die by the sword. I'm pretty saddened that I was told there would be a strict policy against dating in the HCV and it looks like the lessons weren't learned and history is repeating itself from what you're saying. The ultimate cost is power-grabbing by some and total isolation for others. Art imitates life. So many users, myself included, have been turned away by the politics, that's kind of just life though unfortunately. I talk with most of my Home friends these days on my Facebook I post my CG art fairly often. I really consider Home to have kind of been a stepping stone in my development I'm back on track in life now doing animation and working on game coding. Maybe one day I'll make a decent cross-platform Home competitor lol.

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 177 of 177 (467 Views)
0 Likes