Sep 21 2012
By: KemetMan72-_ Sackboy 587 posts

Respectable Singles Clubs/Communities

16 replies 572 views Edited Sep 21, 2012

It's been 12 years since my divorce and I am like a recluse. I would like to start slowly with someone online. So are there any decent singles clubs in PS Home? Smiley Happy

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Message 1 of 17 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Respectable Singles Clubs/Communities

Sep 21, 2012

Not sure Home is the best place to look for a partner. I would suggest just joining a club with other users who have similar interests or starting one yourself. 

If you meet someone in that process good for you. 

Message 2 of 17 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Congrats on the divorce kermit but you would be better off just hitting any busy bar on a weekend. Dating on Home is as impractical as it seems and imo a bit creepy. Good luck man and I hope it works out for you.

Message 3 of 17 (556 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I know plenty of adults who use home and are single and married but yeah I have to admit to find a person on home to make something real out of is rare I know only 2 couples in my 3 years on home who have met in real life and are making something of it so my advice don't set yourself up to date on home. If it happens you meet someone nice and it feels good go for it,but I wouldn't set out looking for it I would try match.com or a similar web-site based dating service if you are trying to meet someone online to chat up and meet. Good luck man.

The pen is mightier than the sword

Message 4 of 17 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Someone that I know from Home (whom i have a lot of respect for) once told me that home relationships are full of raw emotions with no real substance.  I myself have found this out on my own since then and agree with their assessment of home relationships.  People often lie on here and dress up as females when they are really male and do some shady stuff.  On the flip side i have met people who have met on home and currently live together so it works for some but not for everyone.  I have also said in the past that I have found a much better quality of people on the forums that on home for making friends and interacting often finding myself more on the forums and less on home.  This forum is not a club (yet LOL) but its definitely a community. Robot Happy

Message 5 of 17 (529 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

Why not create your own singles club ?

You could hold mixers and speed dating events if thats what floats your boat.

But due to the sheer numbers of transformers and decepticons.... entry into your group would probably have to have some rules

Message 6 of 17 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Sep 21, 2012

The best, advice advice that I give, is not to go actively seeking, but just try to make friends and find people that have common interests rather than looking for a partner right off the bat.

Chances are you'll meet some cool people that you really get along with and if you're a decent personal who's cool and fun to be around, you'll find you'll develop a natural friendship that can possibly grow into more; and it probably will if that's what the other person is looking for too.

Just try to let friendship form on their own and it will probably blossom into something more.

Hope this helps.

---------------
It's not enough to leave this falling kindly
You burn my star down twice as brightly
It's just your half light undertow
But if you need forgiveness....
...I don't know
Message 7 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29463 posts

Sep 21, 2012

logicbomb_DE wrote:

The best, advice advice that I give, is not to go actively seeking, but just try to make friends and find people that have common interests rather than looking for a partner right off the bat.

That is good advice.

With that said, whatever you do, please do not be so free to quickly share personal information. You may not know who the other person is even if you think you do. Take your time. Go slowly...

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 8 of 17 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
587 posts

Sep 21, 2012
True words all spoken. I have tried talking to women and they either ignore me or just say HI and leave...I belong to 2 clubs but they don't do much at all. I was in an online Home relationship before and the girl (Yes I Saw Her on the Webcam) broke it off with me saying it was her and not me...since then I only visit the Beach and Aurora....Can't stand Novus or the Pirates game, it takes forever to level up...and I don't like the rewards. Now that Mercia is beaten I don't have a lot to do on home....still looking for left earrings! They are hard to get....and Will Nippon ever completely change their dolls in that game....sheesh! Smiley Happy

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Message 9 of 17 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

KemetMan72-_ wrote:
True words all spoken. I have tried talking to women and they either ignore me or just say HI and leave...I belong to 2 clubs but they don't do much at all. I was in an online Home relationship before and the girl (Yes I Saw Her on the Webcam) broke it off with me saying it was her and not me...since then I only visit the Beach and Aurora....Can't stand Novus or the Pirates game, it takes forever to level up...and I don't like the rewards. Now that Mercia is beaten I don't have a lot to do on home....still looking for left earrings! They are hard to get....and Will Nippon ever completely change their dolls in that game....sheesh! Smiley Happy

I think most women, not all of course. Have been turned off by the population of men on Home, in general. Due to the amounts of harassment women go through, they just don't want to bother sometimes. Of course we all know not all men are bad news, but sometimes one bad man. Can ruin a persons outlook on men in general.

Honestly, I'd say if you're looking for women on Home that want a relationship as well. Avoid places such as glittering beach, or the hub.

Playing games on Home, sometimes can be a way to find new opportunities for people. Like buy some games; you and others can play at your apartment, for one the brimstone poker table game is a perfect example.

Advertise it on the activity board, you're having a friendy game night. Don't label it..."GAME NIGHT, SINGLES ONLY."

You don't want to make it seem your bigger interest are in finding romance, than actually meeting new people.

Message 10 of 17 (467 Views)