Highlighted
Nov 08 2012
By: Soulycon Fender Bender 2356 posts

Resistance 2: Four Barrels of Fury mini game - Home.

13 replies 640 views Edited Nov 8, 2012

So I'm playing this game and I can't seem to regenerate health. Do I have to destroy the enemy ship before they destroy it? Or do I have to gun down the create that it holds in order to regenerate health?  

I'm having a major blast playing and my goal is to unlock the 1,000,000 points reward.  

I'm also 8th on the leader boards. Yay me!  

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 1 of 14 (640 Views)
Wastelander
609 posts

Re: Resistance 2: Four Barrels of Fury mini game - Home.

Nov 8, 2012

I remember a while back they updated the mechanics of the game. Dont know if it did anything to the life bar but i remember it was nearly impossible to get to 1mill after the update.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 14 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Nov 8, 2012
When the two ships with supplies come in from the left and the right you have to save them from the 3 incoming ships that are trying to gun them down following them in order for the reload of ammo and extra health to regenerate (assuming you need it). You don't want to shoot the supply ships down.

This game isn't impossible to beat (when I say beat I mean earn 1 million points for the hoodie prize) as I've done it many times for a few people. The game goes on forever, I believe.. The trick is repetition and knowing exactly where the enemies will spawn because it's basically a repeat of the same waves over and over with the only difference being an increase of speed.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Message 3 of 14 (598 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Good luck getting that hoodie.  I think it's still considered one of the more difficult prizes to get in Home.

Message 4 of 14 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 8, 2012

You need to shoot down the ships carrying the health boxes, you'll also want the ammo round upgrades if you want to even get near touching 1 million. Its difficult, I managed to get that hoodie 4 times but having gone back recently I couldn't for the life of me play that game.

I remember they added overheat to the guns, before the change you could hold down the button and shoot as long as possible. The overheat made it a much bigger challenges but its still possible to beat. You just have to keep at it and memorize the waves. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 5 of 14 (571 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Well I got to wave 5 with the most sore-est of hands. The zoom function prohibits me to keep the zoom in function in play making me hold down the button in which cases my finger gets tired... This game is the hardest game to obtained rewards.

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 6 of 14 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Nov 8, 2012

I've been having quite a bit of fun (and gettin a bit frustrated) with Four Barrels recently.Finally beat my high score,around 300 thousand, and won the Ship Hat for shooting down all enemies in the first 4 waves,but getting to a million may be tough.I wish the reward was something other than a hoodie.

Message 7 of 14 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Nov 8, 2012
You almost need to make it to wave 16 or 17 100% each round. Good luck getting the hoodie. Ive been trying for years now to get it. Its tough, i think my high is 984000 or somewhere close, just memorize spots they come out at. Waves 2,3,4 repeat, and get faster as you go.
Message 8 of 14 (496 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 8, 2012
^ I was gonna say, you need to get 100% on all rounds up to 16-20. It's best to memorize the patterns and waves. If you miss a ship it's not a huge deal but missing more of them or missing them in later rounds will keep you from further boosting your score.

It's not easy, trust me. I'll say it's the most satisfying feeling though once you get it.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 9 of 14 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Nov 9, 2012

After one day of light to moderate practice, 694k. Only so low because I screwed up wave 16 (boss) by missing the ammo upgrade (essential at that point).

Why do people think this is hard, 800 - 850k shouldn't be hard for anyone.

FF14 WAR
Message 10 of 14 (448 Views)
0 Likes