Aug 01 2012
By: GuRuAsaki2098 Uncharted Territory 1799 posts

Reporting People (Thoughts)?

[ Edited ]
28 replies 533 views Edited Aug 1, 2012

Oky... So everyone is aware of that people Glitch HOME causing HOME to Freeze... 

But from what I know of is, did anyone actually notice that those people can prevent you From being able to Report them, not only that, but their also no longer in your Report List...

This is a problem, because being able to Report people is failing more, & more now...

I feel like people are going to kill or ruin HOME if not soon, I can't see HOME lasting much longer...

I just got a group of people who supposedly do this for fun... They claim it's to keep Peace in HOME...
What they don't understand is that Freezing HOME is a serious matter, because your damaging a Product, & that just cannot be tolorated... 

I froze up like 5 times in a row apon Entry to Siren Lounge tonight... I have a brand new PS3, Fresh HDD...

To make matters worst, I can't find the Report button on the PSN anymore, & HOME only Reports people through a Member List...
Which does not work, if you have left HOME before making your Report... 

This is a serious problem, because how can you Report someone who can just Freeze you, & then vanish without a Trace...

At this point, I dun even want to leave my Apartment any more, not because i'm scared, but because I dun feel like dealing with people on HOME anymore, if it's not one problem, it's another... If it's not that problem, then I freeze up, or something...

It's just pathetic that a company this big has a problem such as this... 

How can I enjoy my time on HOME, if their is problems left & right... I understand people will never change, I get that...

But as far as the Freezing goes? It's like 80% Freezable if not higher... & if anything is being done, I can't see much progress at all...

If this PS3 Breaks before the year is over, i'm probably scrapping it, & taking the parts from it, because there is no way i'm going to pay for another Repair before the year is over... 

--------------------

Anyone want to Comment on this feel Free? 
I said what I have to say, anyone else wants to add, their Free to do so, other wise anyone making smart remarks about the post can just ignore the post, & walk away, cause it won't be replied to... 

What do anyone reading this think about it? 

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 29 (533 Views)
VP of Gaming
28389 posts

Re: Reporting People (Thoughts)?

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

1) The primary means of reporting offenses in Home is by tapping the Select button and scrolling to the report option. If that is impossible, we can come here and send a private message (PM) to HomeForumMods. It is in this PM that we can list names.

2) When sending a PM to HomeForumMods, include the offender's PSN ID, the date, time, time zone and to reason for the report.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 29 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Well when it comes to the topic of freezing I am always disturbed by it and hopefully it will end soon and in fact I have not frozen this week.

Message 3 of 29 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

Include the offender's PSN ID? 

That is Impossible, because when your frozen, you have to restart your PS3, PS HOME wipes the Report List clean once that happens, on top of that, you can only find the names in the Rooms of which are Displayed on your Frozen Screen, there for it's Impossible...

This needs to be changed, so that you can find those who were in the last Room you visited before you left HOME, no? 

My point is, if you don't know the Offenders ID, at the time of the Offence, their just going to get away with it, & that in this Case to me is un-acceptible... 

I dunno about people actually causing other people to Freeze, but if they indeed are causing other people to Freeze, I would think that is more then just something to Report about, I think that should be considered a Crime, I dunno... Maybe i'm over thinking it through...

But technically Freezing a System is like your causing someone harm, your damaging their System, there for your costing them money... Isn't that a crime? 

Again, i'm not saying that I think people can Freeze other people, i'm just saying if they could, doesn't it sound like a Crime? 

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 4 of 29 (460 Views)
VP of Gaming
28389 posts

Aug 1, 2012

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

That is Impossible, because when your frozen, you have to restart your PS3, PS HOME wipes the Report List clean once that happens, on top of that, you can only find the names in the Rooms of which are Displayed on your Frozen Screen, there for it's Impossible...

If you so happen to run into someone making a threat or bragging about freezing, write the name down. Then if a freeze happens, you have the name. Report when you can. If not then, later at another time.

Message 5 of 29 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Aug 1, 2012

I do that all the time, but there are times when i'm not possitive the names are correct... 

It happens... But thats beside the point, I shouldn't have to... 

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 6 of 29 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Are you people dense ?

Why is it our responsiblitiy to do the jobs that the paid mods are under salary to do in the first place ?

From everything to monitoring the activity boards to reporting freezers this is getting really inexcusable every time we are forced to read the same generic explanation of how to report a freezer.

Why is it, that you people (mods, minimods and Sony apologists) are milking dry how to unsuccessfully report a freezer ?

First of all more often than not, the delay for the report feature is so long that many times by the time it even pretends it wants to connect to the feature youre already frozen.

2ndly do you honestly expect people to be sitting with pen and paper in hand ready to write down names (which are often spelled wrong to fool people who might possibly report them) ?

The sheer idiodacy of Home's approach to this is baffling and as long as their cash cow isnt suffering directly it makes no sense and is dead wrong !

Instead of making it easier for us to report someone by clicking their name and doing it right from that faster loading option menu (like we can view their profiles, ignore and add them) why not work smarter instead of harder and save us the potentital of an inevitable YLOD ?

I truly dont see this retarded and overused suggestion being much help because youre putting the burden on the victims instead of the people who should be aggresively seeking out many of the known offenders which frequent this very forum !

Thats like people reporting being mugged, and the muggers are here taunting while the mayor declares Gotham City is safe.

My God just stop it already !

Conrad_Max wrote:

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

If you so happen to run into someone making a threat or bragging about freezing, write the name down. Then if a freeze happens, you have the name. Report when you can. If not then, later at another time.

Message 7 of 29 (382 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Firstly, although freezing may not have been permanently patched, it has been greatly reduced since the update two weeks ago. I think they took out one of the more commonly known methods so there aren't quite so many people capable of doing it.

The problem with reporting freezers is that 90% of the time people aren't even aware someone is about to do it. However, if you see someone threatening to freeze, you can report that person even if no freeze happens. Making threats against Sony systems is a TOS violation by itself. Also a lot of people make use of the capital i, lower case L trick to disguise their name. So writing someone's screen name down is not necessarily going to be effective. In fact, if it is a clone name there is a greater chance of reporting the wrong person.

Message 8 of 29 (371 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28389 posts

Aug 2, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Why is it our responsiblitiy to do the jobs that the paid mods are under salary to do in the first place ?

I saw some people commiting a crime a few years ago. I called the police.

I saw a man threatening to attack a woman. I called the police.

Home is ours. We have a responsibility to help one another. If we don't help each other, then we are a part of the problem.

"I don't want to get involved." "It's someone else's problem, not mine."

ILLUMIN-X, you don't have to do anything if you don't want to. But thanks for your two cents.

Message 9 of 29 (364 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

I saw some people commiting a crime a few years ago. I called the police.

I saw a man threatening to attack a woman. I called the police.

Home is ours. We have a responsibility to help one another. If we don't help each other, then we are a part of the problem.

"I don't want to get involved." "It's someone else's problem, not mine."

ILLUMIN-X, you don't have to do anything if you don't want to. But thanks for your two cents.

WE HAVE been reporting to make Home safer for everyone and you already know that.

We've gone as far as literally pointing out the people here in the forums that openly participate in it.

But  my point is simple, the tired and largely ineffective ways suggested here for months to report freezers obviously isnt working because generally before you even know youre frozen...you're froze !

Sony needs to actively monitor specific individuals as opposed to putting the bulk of the burden on the victims. Its as if theyre trying to get us to capture a hand written confession as a screenshot and we all know it just doesnt work that way.

And as far as my two cents, I do a lot more than just  reporting it and in reality thats Sony job.

Hanging out and having events is not securing Home

Message 10 of 29 (353 Views)