Big Daddy
13113 posts

Re: Reported for Glitching?

Apr 30, 2012

One thing you can be sure of the purpose of the 1.65 update was more then just a snazzy new look and features. They should've just put glitch patching in the release notes. People wonder why Home is still Beta, why?, because it's not perfect.

Your avatar wasn't supposed to stand on chairs and tables or go into the water. Putting furniture on the roof? Are you crazy!!!

Is all this harmless? Of course it is, but not in the eyes of those who created Home. The funny part is, everyone is up in arms when a glitch gets patched. Well you can't blame anyone but yourselves. There are plenty of forums and videos out there showing the exploits.

Bottom line, loose lips sink ships. Remember, the first rule of glitch club is, don't talk about glitch club.

What puzzles me is, that developers (Lockwood) certainly expected you to glitch spaces. Sodium Hub, Bird on a Wire. Bye Bye Birdie. Dream Yacht, no solid ground except the beach. Accident? I think not.

The point is, you can't fix what you don't know. How about the thread about Ghost Spaces? Great idea Einstein. Expect them to be gone soon. Peakvox Ninja? I'm sure we're supposed to be there, just like Vita Lounge. Where was/is the "official" announcement that these spaces are available to NA users?

Enough ranting for now. It just makes me sick when I see ppl shooting themselves in the foot and saying it hurts afterwards.

The reason "glitching" was added to the report list is that Sony needs snitches.

Message 21 of 37 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Apr 30, 2012

Remember, the first rule of glitch club is, don't talk about glitch club

NOw i wanna watch FIght club now =D

photo tumblr_m0syalO4LL1qjf7dso1_500_zps2e4a6697.gif
Message 22 of 37 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Apr 30, 2012

Glitching is an activity in which a person finds and exploits flaws or glitches in video games to achieve something that was not intended by the game designers.

By definition it's a BUG the developers and V&V didn't find before release.. Thus, patches.. OMG!

I could careless about those who glitch as long as it doesn't interfere with game play or my social life on home.. Stand on all the tables you want, at least your not in my game or conversation..

And heven forbid you accidentally find a glitch (bug, flaw, anomaly) and get reported on, i.e. "accidentally hitting the wrong button combination and now your in a wall"

Software is never perfect and never will be..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 23 of 37 (70 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Apr 30, 2012

TitusF wrote:

Personally, I think they shouldn't have labeled one of the selections in there as, "Cheating/Glitching". Should have made it, "Game Disruption/Cheating".

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

i agree.

grouping cheating and glitching together seems odd, and its still a limited selection.

they should just change cheating to game disruption, as game disruption covers a wide bas of actions including cheating, and then split them up and have 2 separate options; game disruption and glitching.

Message 24 of 37 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Apr 30, 2012

i agree with original_se

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 25 of 37 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 3, 2012

In all honestness, everyone on HOME is going to glitch at least once, they can't say they can't. Long as you stay of games and videos, no harm done. Alot of 'glitchers' ARE annoyed at the new option etc. Just like the gender items on the oppsite gender, that did no harm but yet that is now patched.. No longer load.. Well.. Yeah.  As I've said in a previous post, not all 'merges' intend to freeze, they just want their avatar to stand out and look cool, what's bad in that? If the CACHE that Sony had set on the outfits were lowered there would be no freezing on home.. When will they realise that point?

Message 26 of 37 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

May 3, 2012
  • I like what NWITATTITUDE said,  oppsite gender that did no harm but is patched, not ever load. Im not want be critic or crude, but I think its was ridiculous of PSH patched the gender merge. For exemple i know there a purse for man's, inclusive there are very beautiful one, but how about hi heels? I felt offended when merges gender was fixed, I started thinking "maybe they did not do it for be mad of men's who dress in such  way? (...)" or "that would be a attack against homophobia?" (Note that this is only thoughts doubtful not a afirmation), not that i use it so, but I know lots men who would be happy to use hi heels for exemple and the only way we found was merging with gender glich, (no intention to offend or disrupt anyone or game). Speaking about that to mention that during all this time there was lots people criticized, telling that you need be punished, banned, etc. I think people have all rights reserve to be free and dress the way they want, noy only in real life but in Home as well (Without discriminatio). Im Brazilian that are in PSH since 2009 (even with my English kinda bad peoples come to say: go school, or go to Latin home, learn english! lots of descrimination as well, they think you already know have to speak the language perfectly well), continued... I bought several hi heels to fit into the fender merge and todays with 1.65 they forbiden it, i cant load in my slot. I think it's not my fault that PSH let users to do that wich let they want buy more and more clothers, more and more items, how about now? What to do with itens that can't be use the way we like? like hi heels in male avi or even female hair in male avatar. After years with them, they go there and BOOM destroy what you did, take off what you built, what you gave sense to a virtual avatar, when you walking others people say "cool, nice artist, or even you unique!" some ruined you, in fact i was happy to get psn card and buy several hi heels, but for somepeople did this seems like homophobia, anything else to say them that is fun to play that way, is different you know, on the end is very easy have a psn card and twin any avi, but the gender glich isn't anyone will have the fearless to parade a male avi in hight heels, excuse me! But I felt like they  had raided my closet and my privacy, to the point of forbid this merge.
  • Here is my protest, I am against the patch of gender merges! I particularly have not used for malicious sense.
Message 27 of 37 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jun 4, 2012

i never saw the point of glitching so i dont use it, i would assume anything thats not met to happen effects everything. honestly, glitching is just for showing off, its completely pointless.

photo tumblr_m0syalO4LL1qjf7dso1_500_zps2e4a6697.gif
Message 28 of 37 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1910 posts

Jun 4, 2012

I've never glitch... I don't know how and I'm not interested.

But if I see people dancing on tables, floating above the dance floor or on top of the cabanas in x7, I'm sending in a report. I've even seen people on top of the DJ booth. You're not supposed to be up there and I've had way too many crashes and freezes on my PS3 lately with people horsing around in Home doing things they shouldn't be doing.

There's nothing wrong with reporting glitchers. Sony wouldn't have added it to the report list unless it was important to them.

Message 29 of 37 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Jun 4, 2012

Agreed.

I'm a little more forgiving when it comes to glitching than most, however. I find glitching onto tables, chairs, benches, and everything else pretty harmless, since people have been doing that since Day 1 of Hone. And believe me, the developers are well aware of these glitches. People report them all the time, and there are any number of videos on YouTube explaining how to do common glitches. Really, these glitches are part of a longstanding subculture of Home.

Wardrobe mergers, however, I will report every time I see one, on sight. Having already needed to replace one PS3 HDD thanks to getting crashed out of Homy by a wardrobe merger, I take no chances. Thankfully I had a PS+ subscription, so nothinggotmlost. I feel bad for those who don't have one!

tl;dr - Don't wardrobe merge. It's bad, 'kay?

Message 30 of 37 (71 Views)
0 Likes