VP of Gaming
28381 posts

Re: Reported for Glitching?

Apr 29, 2012

colton_grilus wrote:

And if someone does report you for doing harmless glitching, they'll just get banned for false reporting.

Not necessarily. People do report in error and that is understood by Moderation. Thue no action will taken against the person who submitted the report. But if someone habitually submits reports when there is nothing to report, thej they caj be hit withbfalse reporting.

Some people are afraid to report for fear of being reported for false reporting. Oftentimes someone might say, "If you report me, I'll report you for false reporting." I usually tell them "Good, do that. And we'll let the Moderators figure it out Goodbye."

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 11 of 37 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
500 posts

Apr 29, 2012

As everyone else has said, you can't get banned for it unless it's causing disruption of a game (I.E standing on someone's Poker table or running around on the lanes at the bowling alley, stuff like that) or event, or a movie (like at the old theater you could glitch up into the screen, that was a no-no).

Anyone who reports you for game disruption when you aren't actually causing game disruption has submitted a false report, which actually THEY can be banned for.

But even so, use discretion in your choices of glitching.  As long as you are not glitching a game, or disrupting an event, you're safe.

Message 12 of 37 (73 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28381 posts

Apr 29, 2012

ktrip86, now that you've posted here, why not become a regular? The Home forums are your tools that will help you deal wth issues within Home and enhance your Home experience. Please, think about it. And share this with friends.

Message 13 of 37 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Apr 29, 2012

ObZen88 wrote:

As everyone else has said, you can't get banned for it unless it's causing disruption of a game (I.E standing on someone's Poker table or running around on the lanes at the bowling alley, stuff like that) or event, or a movie (like at the old theater you could glitch up into the screen, that was a no-no).

Anyone who reports you for game disruption when you aren't actually causing game disruption has submitted a false report, which actually THEY can be banned for.

Photobucket

I think the first part is rather bad advice. In fact, it could result in people being banned if followed.

There is a fine line between glitches that do disrupt, and ones that don't. sometimes even the ones that don't can "break" a space by opening exploits that, while seemingly harmless, impact other aspects of th space. This is one reason why the TOU state that you can be banned at the discretion of Sony staff, and why they are deliberately vague on that point.

I doubt they will ban anyone for standing on a bench somewhere, but getting reports of the same person doing it by multiple people wishing to use said bench for its intended purpose (ie sitting on), could result in different actions. It has been long said that those wanting to use an item for its intended purpose take precedence over those who wish to glitch. How that is interpreted on a case by case basis is anyone's guess.

Is it disruption if I want to sit on a stool but can't because if I do my head is in your groin? It could be argued that it is. Is it a disruption if i want to sit on a bench and watch a video screen in a space, but you standing on a table blocks my view? possibly. It's a very fine line, so taking any one position as gospel would be unwise. Just because glitching is usually not a high enough priority to worry about doesn't mean it's unenforceable. Stick around on the forums long enough and you will see that people do get banned for it from time to time.

As for the reporting of glitchers issue, you most likely will not be banned for that since glitching is, by definition, against the rules (e.g. using the services in ways not intended or provided by the developer). False reporting is intended for people that knowingly submit false reports in order to try and cause trouble for someone else. Submitting a reort of someone doing something that is actually listed in the reporting feature is not the same as submitting a false report.

Most likely no one will get banned for harmless glitching, but to say it can't happen is not very wise. It can happen, and it does.

Message 14 of 37 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Basically, think before you act. Even if you feel that what you are doing is harmless, others may disagree.

Get your Portable ID!

http://www.us.playstation.com/psn/signup http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3883302

0.o... Don't really know what the grey area your hinting at is here.. Either the glitch is disruptive or it is not... Sounds like you're trying to say you support banning all glitches regardless... But as most have pointed out here... They are not worried about any disciplinary action towards non-disruptive glitches... I wouldn't either.

Photobucket
and I like to do drawerings! ♫
Message 15 of 37 (73 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Apr 29, 2012

it was probably added to report merges and the like. as these things are considered "glitches"(though are now only possible with the use of a pc and certain programs). i personally report all merges, as the only thing they do is freeze up home, either on purpose or on accident.

Message 16 of 37 (73 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Apr 29, 2012

as a mod said on the forum not to long ago, the addition to glitching to the report feature doesnt change how moderation works. they still moderate in the manner they did before, the new "glitching" option is just that, an option.

its not like there has been changes to the rules in which all glitching is bad. as long as you arent doing any harm, its no big deal.

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37647749#37647749

Message 17 of 37 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Hey,

The "Cheating/Glitching" report could be used against those who stand in/on games, block screens/ads or glitch to gain an advantage in a game. Although we have this new feature listed in the report menu - this doesn't change how the moderators view or handle reports as Tempest_Fire posted.

The rules haven't changed - we just have more detailed report options. If others claim they have or will report you simply for glitching - ask if you're bothering them. If they are just trolling you because you're on a table where they can't go - click X on them and "ignore" to mute to prevent them from harassing you.

A lot of people see glitching as a bad thing, or hate glitchers because othey enjoy a different aspect of Home. Let them. Just follow the rules, play nice and you'll be fine. : )

Message 18 of 37 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Apr 29, 2012

I love the glitches? Just wish i could figure out how to do them?And now with the new down load they took alot a way? They always take all the fun away from us? That sux!

Message 19 of 37 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2175 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Personally, I think they shouldn't have labeled one of the selections in there as, "Cheating/Glitching". Should have made it, "Game Disruption/Cheating".

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 20 of 37 (73 Views)
0 Likes