Apr 30 2014
By: bestscreenname Treasure Hunter 3279 posts
Accepted Solution

Removal of Terminator Items

[ Edited ]
53 replies 1042 views Edited May 2, 2014

Just a heads up since I know many don't read the news viewer,  Star Wars content is being removed, you have one week to purchase those items before they are gone.  They are also on sale this week, there is no mention if that includes the public space etc but it wouldn't surprise me if that goes with it.  Also, Terminator items are being removed and on sale now but you have until May 28th to purchase those.

starwars.PNG

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 1 of 54 (1,042 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Re: Removal of Star Wars & Terminator Items

Apr 30, 2014

Thanks for the thread to notify us. I assume since these are film related content, the removal must be due to a contract expiration on rights.

Posted Image

Message 2 of 54 (1,000 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
566 posts

Apr 30, 2014

Thanks for the heads up.

Message 3 of 54 (960 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Apr 30, 2014

Well this sucks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 54 (948 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

Apr 30, 2014

I am surprised it took this long for them to decide to remove the Star Wars content seeing how Disney owns them now and with the removal of all previously released games as non cannon.

TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 5 of 54 (944 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 30, 2014

It would be nice if we could get an official confirmation that the Sar Wars Cantina will stay or not stay. I suspect you're right and that the license will not be renewed and all of it will go.

Not a great sign when we continue to lose licenced content without the feeling that is should or could be renewed. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 54 (922 Views)
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Apr 30, 2014

I remember when they released The Star Wars Cantina how we  got excited  and then they hyped us up for the "under construction" section of the cantina and then nothin. and as the months went by still no news then yrs and now wow nothing . i hate when they do that.not finish a space and claim they will and then we say goodbye to the space. i understand stuff comes up ,but if you cant finish it or realisticaly are not even sure your going to, dont put it out. im still wondering about the Dream Forest platform that you cant acccess will there be an update to allow us to use the other platforms in the space?or is this just another you can look but no go?

Message 7 of 54 (896 Views)
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Apr 30, 2014
Time for a "Last Call" at Mos Eisley Cantina. Clear your Sunday, peeps. Smiley Wink
Photobucket
Message 8 of 54 (894 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2014

SpicyEyes5 wrote:

I remember when they released The Star Wars Cantina how we  got excited  and then they hyped us up for the "under construction" section of the cantina and then nothin. and as the months went by still no news then yrs and now wow nothing . 

What's worse is seeing how it was actually finished "a long, long time ago", but never released:

Matt McDonald of Heavy Water replied in December of 2012 to the question "When will this space be on PS Home?"

"Never.... I made it years ago and Lucas never released it.. Whatever..."

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 9 of 54 (796 Views)
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Apr 30, 2014
My question is this: I have purchased Terminater items and would like to know if those items will be removed from my inventory just as the Evil Tree Items were? Just asking because of being given the heads up to purchase items now before they close down only to find out later that you spent the money only to have the purchased items removed once they do close.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 10 of 54 (776 Views)
0 Likes