Treasure Hunter
5165 posts

Re: Remember when NA Home had...

Jun 26, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

.:NEW RULE:.  From this day forward all those claiming Home is dying must put a date on the death. This way we can say ''Told you it wasn't'' when they're wrong.

Yo I'd love for someone to do a Time-Machien back when people complained how we DIDN'T have any content. And how NA had everything BEFORE EU and HK (Especially HK). Truth be told, a lot of people complained and suggest more IP's come in and less games. Now that we've met this goal you want the old stuff back,

League of Legends ID: fx Choi Jin ri
Always Keep the Faith in TVXQ and JYJ.
Jersquall owes me $5. I've used PS Home Service since Beta.
Message 51 of 64 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

Jun 26, 2013

asoccer wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

.:NEW RULE:.  From this day forward all those claiming Home is dying must put a date on the death. This way we can say ''Told you it wasn't'' when they're wrong.

Yo I'd love for someone to do a Time-Machien back when people complained how we DIDN'T have any content. And how NA had everything BEFORE EU and HK (Especially HK). Truth be told, a lot of people complained and suggest more IP's come in and less games. Now that we've met this goal you want the old stuff back,

Well if there were complaints, they sure weren't from me. I was very happy with the old school Home. I'm not miserable with Home now, I just wish they haven't denied us every single piece of real world media.

Message 52 of 64 (328 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5165 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Crixix wrote:

Remember when NA PS Home had actual content related to games and movies and actual franchises? Seriously... I've been aware of the lack of support from non third party content on NA Home but seeing that EU and HK Home just received "The Last of Us" content, arguably the best PS3 game to date... and we get nothing?  Not even a freaking advertisement acknowledging its existence outside of the E3 space. I have reached my breaking point with Home. The little things like this are why are beloved Home is close to its demise.

- To be fair, a lot of the Home Spaces that were game related are becoming more obsolete because people are liking the new spaces like Aurora. When you go to the old gaming places like Godfather II there isn't much to do there. Also any content can be advertised via posters and video clips. They choose to use E3 and since E3 was the DEFAULT loading spot for those coming into Home I can say it got the attention of most users.

Remember when we'd get spaces dedicated for new games coming out? The Infamous spaces, Resident Evil 5, Uncharted etc. Not only were these spaces eye candy and fun to hang out in but they had unique and rewarding games and quests as well! They were also an excellent location to find people to launch games with. What about the random kiosks that had the lastest games and Playstation accessories being advertised on them? The only advertisement we get now are videos showing off Granzella's newest overpriced outfit and the newest dance/pose/ LMO.  NA Home has still yet to have seen the LBP2 and Cart content. The little picture loaded onto the XMB when you scroll over the Home icon is a lie! It has Ratchet and Clank with Nathan Drake and Sack boy hanging out by some Home users. It should just be a giant dollar sign because that's all Home is about now.

I'll start on the Uncharted Space, the only reason the space was popular was for glitching clubs to do various acts on it and exploit the part of where Home had some error in Scenery. And the Uncharted Space was never popular after release. Oh and about Granzella look up IREM and then look up HOME 2010 IREM and you will see the myriad of posts asking for similar content that granzella is asking for.

Remember when we had spaces and promotions for outside companies such as 7-Eleven, Subway, Axe and Red Bull? Remember when our beloved Central Plaza was constantly being updated to show off real world franchises and games? The Dead Island theme was fantastic and don't even get me started on the Holiday spaces. Europe had a promotion for the Hangover lll movie. Why didn't the NA region receive any content for an "American" film? Why does EU Home has DC items such as Batman shirts and sweaters and the NA region can't have in on this "American" franchise?!

Logged back in and I miss the Red Bull Space the most but it had a good amount of bugs that caused problems for everyone. Er they took the concept from Central Plaza and made these core spaces. Dumb but I won't go into that unless you ask. Also EU != NA. You need to remember that EU has to accomadte more and does not always get what NA does. Be fair to others they have had a HUGE set of problems from the past involving items.

Remember when the clothing stores actually sold video game content clothes and costumes? If you compare some older game related clothing and costumes to the junk these third party developers are releasing, they're actually much higher in quality. The Dead Space suits are gorgeous as well as the Assassin's Creed ones.  Not only were these items in much greater detail, they were also cheaper! Rarely did you see an item surpass the $3 mark for a full costume! Heck, I'd even get to buy my favorite video game shirt for 50 cents! I miss when EA had a store with Home and you could actually buy your favorite sports team's jersey! Closest thing sports wear now is Granzella's tacky sports clothing.

Profitting off Home is the goal. Provide a Social experience to a company that had to sell 2 of its headquarters to accomadte for the failiures they have had  (PSN outage anyone?)  That EA deal was an exclusive and was supporting Breast Cancer awareness also. Limited time offer like the other ones youl listed.

Remember when you actually used to look through the "Threads" and "Costumes" store for stuff after an update?  How about the "Furniture" section? They might as well place those stores below the third party stores since they haven't had anything new in ages. The "New" stuff in these stores are more than a year old!

This one I believe should be addresssed by everyone. Need more Sony Content then 3rd Party content now.

All our region has now is just third party developed trash. All we get nowadays are Locomotion items, poses, dances, games that a majority of the time require money spent to be played fully even if it's just a friend wanting to play on another friend's game that THEY already purchased. Some of these items rarely work flawlessly too. My Loot radio STILL doesn't perform fully! It seems every bit of new content is just getting lazier and lazier. Quick gimmicks to take our money. Half of the content doesn't even get updated or fixed.. Some of it, never even released without any notification the community. Hey Lockwood, I'm still waiting for the Night to Day change update for my Dream Island that you promising. Mercia? Ha...

#Beta <- That has gotten them out of every problem.

Our big updates used to be new game spaces, now they're virtual parks that cost money to fully enjoy or carnivals that are useless to those who will not spend. New games that "offer" upgrades to make the game a bit easier and by easier I mean you can't win it without it! Go give Edo a try with a wooden sword, tell me how that goes. Pottermore was a nice breathe of fresh air. Nicely done spaces with games available for EVERYONE at no cost! Free costumes and the option to buy more. That's how it should be done.  It's a shame that now all of their spaces are already ghost towns. I never see more than five people in these "new and featured" spaces. 

My friends... Playstation Home is dying. Deny it or not, as someone who's been here since the closed beta, the population has drastically declined. Many friends have uninstalled it. There are less and less newcomers. Every space except the hot spots for fams to hang out in are dead! You people know it too! That's why these fams start the drama with each other. Home itself can no longer entertain them so they result to conflict with others to amuse themselves. What used to be a gaming community is now a terrible MTV virtual reality zone. Go wander around home and count how many people you see wearing Game related content versus skimpy clothes, try hard tough guy and thug outfits. After that, go pop in random spaces on the "Explore" section of the navigator and see how many people you can find in these random spaces. If you're lucky, maybe you'll find one or two people every other spaces.

We have the power to change this. A while back,  PS Home EU was neglected of a majority of content. The thing that differs us from them was that they stood TOGETHER as a community and made their feelings and ideas heard! They stopped spending money and filled the forums with complaints! It didn't take long for SCEU to respond and give in to their demands. Now they have arguably one of the best regions for Home. We could do the same but we need to stand together. Otherwise... Home will continue its downhill path and soon cease to exist. It's almost there, look at the signs.  Sony hasn't given any input about it on the PS4. They no longer create content or events themselves other than the once a year E3 event.  They removed Home updates from from the Official Playstation Blogspot! The main guy who managed the community no longer works for Sony and even so, he began to do less and less before his departure. My friends, these should be setting off sirens. Even if they were to port Home over, it'd still die. The community would continue to shrink without Sony promoting it. The end of PS Home is near... unless you do something about it.

tl;dr: Home is lame now and is going to die. LAWL

That is all.

Before attacking something you did address a keypoint about Europe's community. when I logged into the x7 thing I thought it would be a place for people who have been on home since the beggining. Now you just have to pay for entrance which is kinda dumb tbh,

Message 53 of 64 (323 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5165 posts

Jun 26, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
I seriously wish that moderation would consolidate this Home be Gone threads already.

Or they can just simply make the announcement.

Have you heard of Half-Life 3? Sony pls

If you choose to silence others who have opinions then this is not a forum. If people are discourgaed let them talk about it. But the OP has some real questions. Granted this whole thread went down the drain when people started to attack each other. Also announcing something that isn't complete = PR Disaster. You rather have something good then something bad or half done right?

Message 54 of 64 (322 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Jun 26, 2013

msx293 wrote:

if i'm honest the only viable space you listed was motorstorm but even then you run into problems. motorstorm carrier has a tendency to attract underage kids, that is what i'm trying to avoid. i would literally rather hear about your grandmas cat than what some kid thinks is cool. you see i have a problem called maturity, this horrible syndrome has such side effects as not giving a F* about the difference between anime & bugs bunny, especially marked by the horrible I.D.G.A.F. about your exploits on CoD last week, moreover the hatred of having to hear them try to tell me something that is totally wrong being true. 

my interests aren't your review on a game or your youtube video that only 40 people have seen. my interests include, scandalous happenings i.e. i just came to the bar & saw my girlfriend with another man that ends with a nuclear war, other interests include women, drinking/times you were drunk at an awesome party/how to make this new delicious drink, where cool places are in reality since unlike these children i have money to travel/how was your vacation there, fast cars/firearms, what you do for a living & how you do it, why you think politics are ruining the world, your latest binge of being strung out for 3 weeks on some new pharmaceutical, etc etc etc. 

as you can see i just don't care about anything anyone left in Home would like to discuss. little jimmy 15 year old can come up with some imaginative stories but they really have no idea what they're talking about. in other words, i want to see people that are steeped in reality not how your fantasy baseball team did last year with the offshoot going into how you cried at the end of final fantasy. i'm no grammar nazi either but the worst thing i see is, 'hay wuzzup? u pla TyuhGR 13? i <3 golf omg watda faq? w8 2 sec N follow me'.....i avoid these people like the plague like the "hello" flooders. 

i guess i'll just quit Home like everyone else since nobody is doing anything to stop this crap or listen to people like myself that simply ask for a more mature setting. again little jimmy 15 year old thinks it's somehow homosexual to wear a goofy outfit & dance like an idiot for your own entertainment & it's being perpetuated by people all over these forums praising worthless crap that isn't going to bring anyone back to Home over 17 with a degree in trololol, screaming over the mic like they're on fire with down syndrome, how to act like an uneducated online gangster, or a degree in unknown RPG game/anime. it was fun but with the people on the forums & the people in Home it's dead to me, until something changes i'll just stick to playing pool in my spaces & listening to pandora while contemplating weather i want my 13 gigs back & if i'll ever return. sad days in Home indeed......

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w422/imhungry4444/Gifs/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here.gif

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 55 of 64 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jun 26, 2013

ahh i smell the hatred and i love it. to be quite honest what i posted is the way the world turns, it's reality. it seems unbelievable that this is the truth to some of you. so tell me what are your opinions about the subjects i listed? have you never been in a position to see these things happening? or are you afraid that your good little boy image will be tarnished? while you're at it tell me, who doesn't enjoy strippers getting slammed? how are these subjects immature to you? are you that self-conscious that you don't want someone thinking badly of you? 

let me explain economics to you my ignorant little friends, the average stripper makes ~$400 a night, your average dealer makes anywhere from $500 to $1500 a night, the bartenders make about $200 a night if said strippers & dealers did their jobs right. this equals one thing, happiness in the people with an economic gain beyond your silly little day job answering phones & scanning barcodes that you seem to think so highly of. if i go down to my friendly neighborhood strip club i don't see anyone not having a good time. so why can't we have clubs & the type of people that provide the same carefree fun? do you honestly want to hear about little jimmy's magic the gathering cards? or how he thought it was just SOOOO funny that you quoted family guy? i didn't think so. 

so before you go on another crusade against me as i know everyone will you failed to notice one very basic thing, i got everyone of you who doesn't like me to read my posts & quote me that my opinion will be seen even more. Smiley Happy i want you to hate my opinion & my posts. it's fun it's scandalous it's that feeling that all of you had of joy in making me look bad and all it took were the things you say you don't want part of. Smiley Happy i can manipulate you like puppets & you have no idea what's going on, the jokes on you my ignorant little friends. all i need is a bunch of BS & you eat it right up like a starving dog, desperately trying to gain popularity on an internet forum. it's as easy as pie, i can make you love me or i can make you hate me, either way it's entertainment for all, i laugh at your ignorance to my jokes & you laugh at the seemingly great victory you won against me. welcome to the jesters internet my friends i hope you enjoy your stay. always remember to have fun however you make it but don't think you're better than somebody else there's always someone better.

Message 56 of 64 (304 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jun 28, 2013
this lol

(~¤歴史を変更する場合は、変更を聞かせ !世界は破壊される、そうなるまで!単に笑う必要があります私は私の運命が破棄される場合¤~)
Message 57 of 64 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1572 posts

Jun 28, 2013

While I agree that Home should focus on gaming content, homes not dying anytime soon.

Jersquall wrote:

Haha! Happen to know the date the PS3 servers go offline? Smiley Tongue The day home probably dies is the day the ps3 servers die... and looking at the PS2 servers that JUST went offline in August, PS3's got a loooooooooooooooong way to go.

Photobucket
| The Club of Champions | Five years & counting | @ClubofChampions
Message 58 of 64 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
169 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Message 59 of 64 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

december 21, 2012 is when home will shut down. mostly because that is when the world will end XD

also....pepperage farm remembers

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 60 of 64 (105 Views)