Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Re: Remember when NA Home had...

Jun 20, 2013

It is Summer season if that makes any difference, which I'm quite sure it does. I know at least 1 coworker that took more than a week off, & others that have talked about having their camper or boat out or ready, besides I have to agree that being outside when the weather is nice & all can make for a good time.

Message 31 of 64 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Jun 20, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
but I'm not burying the patient just yet. 

Home "buried itself" in 2011.

Let me guess...

The Redesign? 

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 32 of 64 (291 Views)
Survivor
2394 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I was actually excited for the E3 event this year.  All the game clothing we got...  it was great.

But then I look now, like what was posted in this thread...  oh boy, more naked clothing and generic costumes.  I bet I can tell which group will be more popular though (because if it wasn't, why would they make more every week).

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 33 of 64 (262 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I wouldn't call what we get" trash" . I have been happy with most of the stuff I got free/ bought. I would like to see more things like what the other places get, but, lol, I have heard some people there want what we have too. I thank the people that work so hard to make Home nice for us^_^

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 34 of 64 (250 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Crixix wrote:

Brises_0000 wrote:

Crixix wrote:

Brises_0000 wrote:

Crixix wrote:

aogamerdude wrote:
Well, there was almost always something a few didn't like about home, but there is also usually a few things that few have liked about home, there will always be someone not liking something about home.

Look at the bigger picture. These things aren't disliked by a "few" people. There are MANY people who clearly dislike it. The big decline in Home users prove so.

I'm curious as to your source for these "many" people and your "proof" that there is a big decline.

Look at the bigger picture. These things aren't disliked by a "few" people. There are MANY people who clearly dislike it. The big decline in Home users prove so.

That's not an answer to my question. Explain how you know this. Where is the proof?

I don't know how to simplify it any further. Being a user since 08, I've seen with my own eyes the decline in activity. Spaces aren't as full anymore. Even the more popular ones don't have as many people as they "did." This anecdotal evidence is all the proof needed. If you'd like, why don't you go and observe for yourself. Visit all of the spaces under the "explore" section of the navigator. Then pay a visit to the more popular ones. If you have no experience with the older Home then you wouldn't know.  

Personal observations are not "proof". Are you seriously comparing the Home of 2008 to the Home of today? How many spaces existed then? I joined in feb 2010, and there are a lot more spaces now. If you have a few hundred logons, that can make Central Plaza, the bowling alley and the mall seem pretty crowded. What happens with more spaces is the crowd thins out. There are far more things to do in Home now than there was even in 2010. I would suggest that home usage has actually increased. Perhaps not by a lot, but simply based on a superficial observation, a case can be made for either an increase or decrease. Without the true numbers it's really kind of pointless.

I could go through the navigator and selectively find 10 empty spaces as well. But I can also find many others that are typically crowded. People flock to new spaces for usually a couple weeks, then the newness wears off and people get bored. If the space isn't designed with some lasting ability (ie Aurora, Glittering Sands, Acorn park, etc...) people will abandon it pretty quick. Godfather and Playground are the fam hang outs and normally pretty crowded. Depending on when you go, Singstar can be pretty crowded. And the Hub and the Mall are always crowded. So what are you comparing to? A time when Home probably had no more than three spaces? That's not very reliable data and hardly qualifies as "proof"

Message 35 of 64 (224 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Sony didn't even mention Home at this year's E3, AGAIN. Home has been for a while now a little playhouse, a Second Life. The public spaces are brutally boring, game content is lacking, yet there's an abundance of tops, skirts, angel wings, bikinis, and "luxury" public spaces. What's in it for the gamers??? I personally don't want Home to go away, I just want Sony to shift its focus to the gamer. Home has a lot of potential, but its being wasted on being something almost unrelated to PS3 gaming. 

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 36 of 64 (209 Views)
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Everyone seems to be revolving around this particular issue, ignoring the rest of what I've said. Although it isn't statistical evidence, you can't provide any yourself to prove otherwise. I am no pessimist, I am simply being realistic. These new spaces that everyone crowds as you said seem to deplete user wise. ALL of the Pottermore spaces are virtually empty and that was one of our newest spaces. Granzella's Islands and the Playground have a lot less people hanging around as well. Look for yourself. Perhaps they're playing games? Well if they are, they must be doing it secretly. All of my usual Aurora, Acorn and Edo runs have seen less and less participants. The only place that seems to get some hits is the Acorn Park. Let's see how long that will last. The point of this thread isn't primarily on Home dying user wise. I am emphasizing on it dying "content wise."

Message 37 of 64 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Sony doesn't support Home anymore we know that much they really haven't done so since 2011...    USA didn't create Home heck it wasn't there idea to begin with.... UK created Home so i can see why UK always get Game and Movie stuff...  If it weren't for them we never even had a Home.

Sony US now let's 3rd parties support Home...  As when people move onto PS4 and PS4 games who''s gonna then support those third parties if Home is not on PS4 also. The answer is NO one...    Then what is gonna happen...

Our Home will Close!

But i got to thinkin' Since UK runs HOME and they created it.... I think if all other parts of Home close on PS3 due to PS4... UK should say we'll at least Support Home on our UK servers for PS4 but only for UK....

What do we do then?  Well at least Home would continue! But again having to have PLUS on that account to access HOME would not be good. I for one could not buy PLUS in UK just to use Home.  Even if Home was on PS4 at launch and we had to buy PLUS on any accounts on PS4 just to be able to continue using Home... I myself could do one here.... That wouldn't be a Problem... But other one's i wouldn't be able to buy PLUS for all of those or any other regions...

So one way or another our Home on PS4 would be next to impossible to access due to needing Plus on any of those accounts...  So either way I don't see much time left for Home in general.... Hopefully two more years at least on PS3. But i know soon as PS4 hits it's pretty much over with as people drop from PS3 all together....   Utoh!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 38 of 64 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Crixix wrote:

Everyone seems to be revolving around this particular issue, ignoring the rest of what I've said. Although it isn't statistical evidence, you can't provide any yourself to prove otherwise. I am no pessimist, I am simply being realistic. These new spaces that everyone crowds as you said seem to deplete user wise. ALL of the Pottermore spaces are virtually empty and that was one of our newest spaces. Granzella's Islands and the Playground have a lot less people hanging around as well. Look for yourself. Perhaps they're playing games? Well if they are, they must be doing it secretly. All of my usual Aurora, Acorn and Edo runs have seen less and less participants. The only place that seems to get some hits is the Acorn Park. Let's see how long that will last. The point of this thread isn't primarily on Home dying user wise. I am emphasizing on it dying "content wise."

Pottermore? That's one of those spaces that once you have done everything, there is no reason to go back. Most of my friends that like those spaces already have all the cards, and my friends all have the same complaint, we have these huge wardrobes we can't use there. So we prefer other spaces.

Content, meh. I understand that the change that took place a couple years ago alienated users who want main stream game content. But Sony decided that rather than having spaces like RE5 hanging around for 5 years with a handful of people there and no money coming in, they wanted the fully integrated games like Mercia and Cutthroats. That's the direction they chose, and I don't think there are quite so many people dissatisfied with that direction as you might believe.

I appreciate Home for what it is and I don't worry about what it isn't

Message 39 of 64 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Jun 21, 2013
SCE London Studio created PlayStation Home.

"London Studio is an in-house Sony Computer Entertainment developer located in London. Established in 1993, London Studio is Sony Computer Entertainment Europe’s largest internal development studio, with staff working in a purpose designed 7-storey building located in London's Soho district. The development group includes the R&D group responsible for EyeToy, and various other research and development groups dedicated to the production of PlayStation games and development tools across all of SCE's gaming platforms. SCE London Studio operates as part of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_London_Studio

There has got to be a phone number for this facility. I wouldnt mind making an international call, overseas to ask them about Home. LOL
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 40 of 64 (176 Views)
0 Likes