Lombax Warrior
71 posts

Re: Remember when NA Home had...

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Keep in mind folks, the actual Home app doesn't have to be gone for it to be dead. Having no players on it classifies as it being dead. I'm talking on a larger scale here. A few hundred users will decline to less than hundred and that number will get smaller and smaller.

Message 11 of 64 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Crixix wrote:

Look at the bigger picture. These things aren't disliked by a "few" people. There are MANY people who clearly dislike it. The big decline in Home users prove so.

But Crixix,

Do you have any numbers to back that up? Home had been disliked by a large portion of gamers since day one. You point to users. How about a developers take? It's worth reading. http://www.hsmagazine.net/2013/06/home-on-the-ps4-just-another-developers-opinion/

HomeStationMagazine
Message 12 of 64 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

aogamerdude wrote:

Sony's Everquest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest) has been around longer than home, when is that going to die?

IIRC most people I talked to about EQ didn't care much for it.

FFXI, Also.

As long as it's supported..

Home content is still coming.

If your talking about EQOA on the ps2, it got shut down last year in March. But I was on it back in 2008 and I remember rumors would surface about it being shut down the following year. But it last until 2012, I also heard similar rumors when I used to play FFXI more than a year ago and that game is still going strong. So I don't believe any of the rumors or speculations that Home will be shut down anytime soon. As long as its still making money, Sony will keep it going as long as they can. So what are you all waiting for? Run out to the mall and spend, spend, spend!!!!Man Mad

bobs fed signature
Message 13 of 64 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Crixix wrote:

Brises_0000 wrote:

Crixix wrote:

aogamerdude wrote:
Well, there was almost always something a few didn't like about home, but there is also usually a few things that few have liked about home, there will always be someone not liking something about home.

Look at the bigger picture. These things aren't disliked by a "few" people. There are MANY people who clearly dislike it. The big decline in Home users prove so.

I'm curious as to your source for these "many" people and your "proof" that there is a big decline.

That's not an answer to my question. Explain how you know this. Where is the proof?

Message 14 of 64 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

Crixix wrote:

Brises_0000 wrote:

Crixix wrote:

aogamerdude wrote:
Well, there was almost always something a few didn't like about home, but there is also usually a few things that few have liked about home, there will always be someone not liking something about home.

I'm curious as to your source for these "many" people and your "proof" that there is a big decline.

That's not an answer to my question. Explain how you know this. Where is the proof?

I don't know how to simplify it any further. Being a user since 08, I've seen with my own eyes the decline in activity. Spaces aren't as full anymore. Even the more popular ones don't have as many people as they "did." This anecdotal evidence is all the proof needed. If you'd like, why don't you go and observe for yourself. Visit all of the spaces under the "explore" section of the navigator. Then pay a visit to the more popular ones. If you have no experience with the older Home then you wouldn't know.  

Message 15 of 64 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Crixix wrote:

But Crixix,

Do you have any numbers to back that up? Home had been disliked by a large portion of gamers since day one. You point to users. How about a developers take? It's worth reading. http://www.hsmagazine.net/2013/06/home-on-the-ps4-just-another-developers-opinion/

Shocking, a developer telling you to not listen to people telling you not to buy things and then glorifies spenders. Of course a developer will deny it, their sole purpose is to continue to sell!  I understand where you're coming from but the situation has changed since the other times when people claimed it'd die. Sony still supported it then and the servers were still pretty crammed.

Message 16 of 64 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Crixix wrote:

Remember when NA PS Home had actual content related to games and movies and actual franchises? Seriously... I've been aware of the lack of support from non third party content on NA Home but seeing that EU and HK Home just received "The Last of Us" content, arguably the best PS3 game to date... and we get nothing?

I'm sorry, have to stop you right there, because that hounour belongs to Journey, and it still has a public space (with a squid-rug companion! squee!).

Message 17 of 64 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013
Show me the numbers to prove that its not declining. Anyone in home knows it is. Only people who are still willing to run out and buy things are third party salesmen or just plain gullible.
Message 18 of 64 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Crixix wrote:
What used to be a gaming community is now a terrible MTV virtual reality zone.

Lol, ain't that the truth. But thats what the majority of Home-users wanted all along (..even though they will never admit it) .

Message 19 of 64 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Can't argue that we aren't getting game content but on the other hand Home is certainly not dead yet. For a service that many seem to want to say is dying this is simply the female content update for this week. That's not to mention the fact that we are getting new public spaces all the time: Acorn Park, Serenity Plaza and Digital Leisures new upcoming Western space to name at least three. 

Home appears to have quite a bit of kick left in it and there has been no announcement that its not going to be supported on PS4.

update_6_19.jpg

Message 20 of 64 (218 Views)
0 Likes