Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Re: Remember when NA Home had...

Jun 20, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Can't argue that we aren't getting game content but on the other hand Home is certainly not dead yet. For a service that many seem to want to say is dying this is simply the female content update for this week. That's not to mention the fact that we are getting new public spaces all the time: Acorn Park, Serenity Plaza and Digital Leisures new upcoming Western space to name at least three. 

Home appears to have quite a bit of kick left in it and there has been no announcement that its not going to be supported on PS4.

update_6_19.jpg

BTW, Thats also a poor example that PS Home is still striving seeing as the majority of those items are simple recolors (talk about cheap/lazy) . Also..

Male content for Home this week:

s

Message 21 of 64 (276 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 20, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

BTW, Thats also a poor example that PS Home is still striving seeing as the majority of those items are simple recolors (talk about cheap/lazy) . Also..

Three new public spaces isn't anything to sneeze at. Seriously the doom and gloom crowd need to give it a rest. Wait for an official announcement and stop trying to push an agenda.

None of the Digital Platform managers know the future of Home at this point. It could or could not be on PS4. It just gets really old listening to those who think their crystal ball comes with a special announcement.

Message 22 of 64 (273 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Someone really hates those retro outfits.

Message 23 of 64 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:

Three new public spaces isn't anything to sneeze at. Seriously the doom and gloom crowd need to give it a rest. Wait for an official announcement and stop trying to push an agenda.

None of the Digital Platform managers know the future of Home at this point. It could or could not be on PS4. It just gets really old listening to those who think their crystal ball comes with a special announcement.

Those public spaces were probably designed over a year ago and just got the green-light to be incorporated to Home in order to fulfill the developer's contracts to SCEA. Those spaces also aren't an indication that Home isn't dying. I don't personally consider myself a part of the "doom and gloom" crowd; I like Home and I'd prefer to see it live, but I have to be realistic about things.

Message 24 of 64 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 20, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

Those public spaces were probably designed over a year ago and just got the green-light to be incorporated to Home in order to fulfill the developer's contracts to SCEA. Those spaces also aren't an indication that Home isn't dying. I don't personally consider myself a part of the "doom and gloom" crowd; I like Home and I'd prefer to see it live, but I have to be realistic about things.

That's not to say there aren't more in development. Do you have inside information? Please the patient isn't dead yet. Let's wait for an official announcement and stop with the drama related to it's future already. 

We don't need 40 threads on this issue. All things come to an end one day but I'm not burying the patient just yet. 

Message 25 of 64 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Jun 20, 2013
In my personal opinion...Home started dying when they patched all the glitches.
Message 26 of 64 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
but I'm not burying the patient just yet. 

Home "buried itself" in 2011.

And in my opinion, you don't need to have inside information to know the current well-being of PS Home.

Message 27 of 64 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
but I'm not burying the patient just yet. 

Home "buried itself" in 2011.

And in my opinion, you don't need to have inside information to know the current well-being of PS Home.

You're entitled to an opinion. I don't share it. There are tons of sweet things releasing and Home has made lots of progress in many ways. To say it's dead is more than premature. To say one doesn't like it's direction in another story. I know I certainly miss Game Content.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm waiting for an official announcement and I seriously wish that moderation would consolidate these Home is Dead threads already.

Message 28 of 64 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
I seriously wish that moderation would consolidate this Home be Gone threads already.

Or they can just simply make the announcement.

Message 29 of 64 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I agree with alot you Crixix, but there are some that I don't. Things I do agree with, that EU Server may not have as many spaces or items, but they do have more free items; I bet if you are new to the EU server, you could create an account and go through the different places, and have an average of 7 personal spaces, enough funiture to fill those spaces, and enough clothes where your storage will even start filling up and you don't even have to spend a dime. And what about the more public event, i.e. Hangover part 3. I talked to someone the other day and we agrue this, he was saying it was a legal issue on why NA didn't see this, and I slightly agree with him on that, but I believe it was the NA server team being lazy, just like they have been doing alot with NA Home, just like Crixix said.

Now about the population of Home, it has gone down a little. I have been visiting different places and when you can go to a space, not on a private server, and see no one there with you, thats bad. Specially when they get rid of spaces that people did go to, to make room for spaces it didn't even take a month, and they are like ghost towns. You don't need written proof on this stuff, all you have to do is go exploring Home, and you will see it with your own eyes. But if you still don't see it, then you are letting your beliefs fool your eyes.

As far as what you said about coming together Crixix, that will never work boss, sorry to say. That has been done a couple of times over Home's life over here on the NA server and nothing changed from it. Heck I have even gone on strike against 1 developer team and yet they are still around, lol. Anyways, there will always be people who have too much money, who don't watch the forums, who are blind to what Home's future seems to be, specially with all that is and isn't written out there.

So to tell you the truth boss, just do like I did, stop stressing about a community that will never come together to make a big change like that, that we need, and just try to enjoy Home as much as possible, just in case the end is near for Home.

Message 30 of 64 (226 Views)