Feb 13 2011
By: Jim777 Last Guardian 10878 posts

Red Flags

11 replies 47 views Edited Feb 13, 2011

I don't expect this thread to live long given the nature of the conversation, but seeing as the post itself is totally fair and falls within the rules of hte forums ill go ahead and add my 2 cents.

The HCV thread was just now nuked, the entire thing deleted. Glass then re posted the OP, locked it and floated it, removeing weeks worth of conversation. Just before the thread got nuked i had said that 90% of the thread as the HCVs defending their program, mostly Jersqual, and that to me was a red flag. If you have to sit around and constantly explain to people why what your doing is ok, and how its helping them then i feel you are doing what you are doing wrong. If you are helping a community the community should see that first hand and not have to constantly ask how this helps them or why this is being done.

Now like i said i am in no way shape or form saying the HCV program is as problematic as people have made it out to me, nor am i going to say its perfect. Its flawed and it can be fixed. However we cant just silence feedback from the community like we have done today, you can just nuke a thread to shut people up, in fact thats going to make them speak out louder.

To the HCVs please make sure you remember that your program is here to serve the community, and make sure everything you do as HCVs is for the community first and formost.

To those qusetioning the proogram remember those are people just like you and me, who can be hurt and who are just as inpefect as you and me. Be firm when needed but never mean, and remmber that somtimes they are just doing as they are told.

To GlassWalls, who should be heading the project. Please do just that.

@Jim777PS
Message 1 of 12 (47 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Re: Red Flags

Feb 13, 2011

Deleting legitimate questions and feedback is definitely not the way to go. There have been so many things done lately, that show disrepect to this community that is supposedly being served by the HCV program.

Message 2 of 12 (47 Views)
Survivor
1924 posts

Feb 13, 2011

I think the problem is that part of the response here is defensiveness on Sony's behalf instead of  solution.

If you have to keep defending yourself, then there's a problem bigger than repetative posting can solve. And all the fighting you do on a forum may wear out the opposition on a thread, but it won't change anyone's opinion. And it will only make people MORE FRUSTRATED. Which is the opposite of what should be done here.

"The customer is always right."

Doesn't mean the customer IS right. It means that the customer should feel respected, that his/her greivances are heard and acknowledged. The point is to make happy customers. Not to win forum arguements.....

Message 3 of 12 (47 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Feb 13, 2011

no other regions need this stupid program either do we

Message 4 of 12 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
621 posts

Feb 13, 2011

Jim777 wrote:

I don't expect this thread to live long given the nature of the conversation, but seeing as the post itself is totally fair and falls within the rules of hte forums ill go ahead and add my 2 cents.

The HCV thread was just now nuked, the entire thing deleted. Glass then re posted the OP, locked it and floated it, removeing weeks worth of conversation. Just before the thread got nuked i had said that 90% of the thread as the HCVs defending their program, mostly Jersqual, and that to me was a red flag. If you have to sit around and constantly explain to people why what your doing is ok, and how its helping them then i feel you are doing what you are doing wrong. If you are helping a community the community should see that first hand and not have to constantly ask how this helps them or why this is being done.

Now like i said i am in no way shape or form saying the HCV program is as problematic as people have made it out to me, nor am i going to say its perfect. Its flawed and it can be fixed. However we cant just silence feedback from the community like we have done today, you can just nuke a thread to shut people up, in fact thats going to make them speak out louder.

To the HCVs please make sure you remember that your program is here to serve the community, and make sure everything you do as HCVs is for the community first and formost.

To those qusetioning the proogram remember those are people just like you and me, who can be hurt and who are just as inpefect as you and me. Be firm when needed but never mean, and remmber that somtimes they are just doing as they are told.

To GlassWalls, who should be heading the project. Please do just that.

Hear hear Jim!

I admit I was quite surprised when over 480 posts in the thread were deleted (when, previous to today, they were considered "valid").

FYI this whole thing started when I replied to a post stating that the HCV FAQs had changed. Since nothing "stood out", I asked a simple question: "what specifically has changed?"

Before the 500+ replies were deleted, the extent of the answer I received was tantamount to having being told "The FAQs are what they are -- figure it out, we don't need to explain."

I guess it's my fault for having assumed that the purpose of this place was to get questions answered.

Message 5 of 12 (47 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Feb 13, 2011

Mama_Selena wrote:

no other regions need this stupid program either do we

Wait, I thought we weren't allowed to talk about other regions now... 

Message 6 of 12 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10878 posts

Feb 13, 2011

--Edit-- Nevermind i dont want to see this thread locked for cross reigion discussion so keep to NA please

@Jim777PS
Message 7 of 12 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 13, 2011

What is the point of a forum if you silence legitimate dissent and discussion? I suppose and it had been stated at one time, although I don't have a link, that this forum doesn't have to exist. I suppose that is certainly a perogative that could be exercised.

On the other hand when you make home lovers question the path we are going down, one needs to seriously step back and think a bit about the course they have now set sail upon.

We are NOT the enemy!

Message 8 of 12 (47 Views)
Wastelander
621 posts

Feb 13, 2011

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

What is the point of a forum if you silence legitimate dissent and discussion? I suppose and it had been stated at one time, although I don't have a link, that this fourm doesn't have to exist. I suppose that is certainly a perogative that could be exercised.

On the other hand you make home lovers question the path we are going down, one needs to step back and think a bit about the course they have now set sail upon.

Joanna:

And people wonder WHY we poker vets miss the EA Sports Complex!

Back in 2009 Rob would frequently and actively seek out users, both friends and strangers. And he would ask for feedback, both good and bad. In fact, I remember those "club meetings" which I thought were inane -- but at least Rob made the effort to solicit input. I admit that SOME of the input Rob received "crossed the line". But he withstood it for the sake of "customer relations."

EA Sports and Dev Rob were always GREAT examples of what the "Home Community" could be. It's too bad they're now gone.

Message 9 of 12 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Feb 13, 2011

Jim777 wrote:

--Edit-- Nevermind i dont want to see this thread locked for cross reigion discussion so keep to NA please

The response to cross-regional discussion can be a bit "Mubarak", but I doubt they do anything as long as the focus is on NA...

Message 10 of 12 (47 Views)
0 Likes