Dec 06 2012
By: fara4X3 Splicer 49 posts

Really very upset (Japanese Teahouse)

47 replies 1722 views Edited Dec 6, 2012

I love this space. I really do. It's absolutely gorgeous. But the fact that the only way to unlock the second teahouse that has the sand garden and the rooftop perch is by playing the very hard "Defend Edo" game is just upsetting. I get why it's this way; the extra space is a reward for doing well in the game, but what about for people like me who have tried and no matter how they try are just not good at it? I love the more Japanese themed items that Granzella produces, but I'm not a fan of the Edo game. Call me lazy, but I don't want to grind and die over and over again in the quest to gain enough ryo for the addition. That is really the only reason why I'm trying, and it's just not working. I even got the actual Edo apartment thing that's supposed to help you gain more stamina back while in the game, but I just s**k at the thing. I will happily pay extra money to get the addition, if only the option to do that was open. It probably never will be. I'll just have to look around the additional area by using the "redecorate" option. 

Rant over. xD I'm just sad that I can't fully enjoy this beautiful space...~

Message 1 of 48 (1,722 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Really very upset (Japanese Teahouse)

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Some things are meant to be hard. Like finishing the fossil museum or earning a Resistance jacket and so on. Perhaps there are some here with experience in the game who can help you. 

Message 2 of 48 (1,710 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Allow me to tell you the most efficient way to beat it then. It will be particularly easy given you have the heal point. You'll need a sword at the very least.

Bearing in mind that the area is + shaped, consider each path according to a compass, with the starting point being south. (Row houses are southwest, etc.)

As you enter kill the few umbrellas around the entrance, working your way into the row house area. Slay the starving ones there as well. Heal as needed. Once most of the entrance is clear (Be careful not to get close to the Red Ogre yet) go to the western path and kill the Cyclops. Hit it with two combos and then back away. If you have ANY damage while fighting the Cyclops, go and heal. If you mess up and don't back away in time then his gas move can easily take you out. I've only survived at full health. Make sure you also kill the lanterns that spit fireballs at you. They're slightly more red then the others, go just jump and slash, one hit takes them out. Once you've cleared the western path, head towards the center to aggro the Red Ogre. You can try to dodge if he charges like a bull, but it's easier to just block, as it does little damage that way. Try and get him stuck in the doorway area of the rowhouses. Just DPS him and fall back while he attacks. He doesn't have a lot of health, he just hits big. Block and heal. Once you've taken him out, go to the eastern path and take out the Barrel Ghost. Just hit him where he doesn't have armor. When he walks back up and wait for him to drop to the floor again, hitting him some more. Shouldn't be an issue. Take out the umbrellas on the northern path, along with the lanterns, avoiding the other Cyclops. Kill anything that remains at that point, leaving the Cyclops for last. (If you eliminate everything you get more Ryo.) Once the entire map is clear (Which adds up to 28 total slayed) take out the Cyclops just like you did before. Now one of the 4 paths will light up at the end. Follow it down and step into the light, avoiding any obstacles.

If you do everything as such, it's easy. Remember: Cyclops is TWO COMBOS, then step out of the way.

Message 3 of 48 (1,636 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Oh, and I forgot to add. If you ever see me around Edo, as that's where I spend 90% of my time on Home, and if I'm not busy, I'll be glad to assist anybody in a group run. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 48 (1,601 Views)
Limit Breaker
13269 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Don't bother with the Barrel and the Ogre. You only have to kill the two Cyclops to win. Taking out as many smaller enemies as you can.

Message 5 of 48 (1,594 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Dec 6, 2012

I'd also like to offer to play Edo with you, and this has nothing to do with me just wanting to hang out at your teahouse.

Message 6 of 48 (1,580 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Dec 6, 2012

The Red Ogre can easily get in the way and the Barrel Ghost is easy to kill. Best to take out the Ogre on your terms, since OP can heal. Plus it gives more Ryo.

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Don't bother with the Barrel and the Ogre. You only have to kill the two Cyclops to win. Taking out as many smaller enemies as you can.

Message 7 of 48 (1,576 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 7, 2012

I also got frustrated learning of the 2nd area, and not knowing what to do...
I even thought I could get 'smart' and use the teleport pads...
...that sure didn't do anything but freeze my system trying to load up to Edo...

Perhaps one of these days I'll attempt the Edo game...I also fail at it. Most of the PSHome games are harsh, imo...
...the easiest was Aurora, took time...but at least it was manageable... Smiley Frustrated

It's ironic being War of the Apocalypse...as I'm at constant war with myself...
KBane13
Message 8 of 48 (1,485 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3895 posts

Dec 7, 2012

;^) I've done this several times, both on my account and my wife's. The advice given above is wise. Whittle away the smaller monsters first before taking out the two cyclopses. This not only yeilds more points for each run-through, but also keeps the little guys from interferring while you're hacking away at the bigger guys.

Avoid the red ogre, or get him to one of the gates to the row house area and whittle him down bit by bit. (The crossbar atop the gate is too low for the ogre to pass through, see, so you can duck to safety quickly, and the heal point is on your side.) Tease the ogre with throwing weapons until he charges in place for a while, trying to reach you, then pauses for breath. As he's catching his second wind, step in and slash him two or three times, then get away. Rinse, lather and repeat until the ogre is finished.

Once he's out of the game, none of the remaining characters can move as fast as you can. So, your strategy is to step in, strike, and step away, choosing your own timing. Practice teaches you how each character behaves, which will help you defeat them.

Equipping various armor helps your attack strength as well as your defense. It also doubles as really cool Home gear, so that's a win-win scenario in itself. I have the Samurai armor, as well as both samurai and ninja swords. They're both swell outside of the game, too.

Message 9 of 48 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Question...I thought you couldn't get the rest of the tea house till after the Edo update ...or am I wrong
Message 10 of 48 (1,463 Views)
0 Likes