Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Reality Check: some Home developers don't make enough money

Jul 23, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Jersquall wrote:
The lockwood gift machine was once hit for coins. Those coins you purchase with money. It was taken offline and fixed.

I'm trying to stay on-topic so talking about things that have been fixed is pointless.

Oh, Okay.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 41 of 129 (377 Views)
Wastelander
658 posts

Jul 23, 2013
let me shed a tear for the poor poor developers.

You know if they spent less time whining about their non problems and more time making content people wanted they'd have enough money to swim in.
Goodbye PSN home, You made the PS3 different, In a good way.

Message 42 of 129 (363 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Jul 23, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

So if your business is losing money, the key is to encourage people to steal things?

Seriously?

Classic HIW response.  Cherry pick one thing, take it out of context, exaggerate the meaning and ignore everything else.  Brilliant.

As for ISE, if you can prove no one that uses ISE spends money in Home you might have a point  - the fact is you can't prove that, and instead it can be proven they do.

Not only that but any reasonable person knows that the vast majority, if not everyone doing ISE would NEVER have spent money or time getting those items in the first place, so no dev is "losing" revenue.  Seriously.  To think otherwise is just pure delusional thinking.

Instead, people that otherwise would not have spent a single dime in Home now use it because they think it's cool that they have all this "free" stuff... And many likely end up buying items that they never would have in the first place.  Seriously.

However once again you are avoiding the main point, and that is Developers are not making enough money because they do not have enough customers... And while you are unable to wrap your head around the concept, those that ISE are most definitely customers that can, have, and will buy items from devs.

In fact, I will gladly go on record that when or if ISE is 100% patched and removed from Home devs will likely lose many of their paying customers.

So if your business is losing money, the key is to get rid of many of your paying customers?

Seriously?

Now before you try to distract everyone from the real problems with Home perhaps you can address the heart of what I said:

D-Nitrate wrote:

If you want to know why Home is losing customers, here are some reasonable explanations:

• Far too many technical errors causing disconnects and even system freezing directly related to Home.
  • Numerous problems with spaces and content.
  • Numerous problems with item management.
  • Numerous problems with organization and navigation.
  • Numerous problems with shopping.
  • Very poor Customer Relations & Communication
  • Prices have gotten far too high.  When a hot tub costs more than a PSN game, its a huge red flag.
  • Almost no promotional support, even from Sony.

Getting rid of ISE doesn't address a single one of those issues, and likely will just result in even fewer paying users.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 43 of 129 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Jul 23, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Jersquall wrote:
The lockwood gift machine was once hit for coins. Those coins you purchase with money. It was taken offline and fixed.

I'm trying to stay on-topic so talking about things that have been fixed is pointless.

ISE, is not the reason Home is going under there for it's also pointless to talk about.  But if it was then Sony should have fixed it long time ago.

Ignorance is *not* bliss.

Get off the forums, get into Home and look around, take a survey if you have to. People talking out their *** about things they don't know anything about or talking crap just to make themselves feel better is *not* going to help PS Home get on the Playstation 4.

Those who say (or type) a lot often have little to offer, as often they only care to hear their own words ringing in their heads.

Sony doesn't have to tell you why. But I will tell you this, it does get patched, but new ways are easily found each time it is patched.

If Home is on the PS4, the reward system will be completely different. And developers with any sense are *not* going to continue gift machine development or rewards for game events. Codes are a much better option for them, until the whole reward system is re-vamped.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 44 of 129 (348 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Angry_Santa wrote:
let me shed a tear for the poor poor developers.

You know if they spent less time whining about their non problems and more time making content people wanted they'd have enough money to swim in.

Santa, I think you have a point on the developers need to make more items that the members here ask for.  But, the point of this post is that the developers are saying that there is no money in it for them.  So why make these items?  It sounds to me like the OP is also saying this is one of the many down falls for Home.  If Sony can't get the developers to make items, spaces and clothening for Home then there is not really any future for Home is there.

Now, I know your expert on this topic maken toys for millions of boys and girls around the world.  But these developers need to feed   there families and pay rent and stuff.  There needs to be money in it for them in order to make all these items that we want to see in Home.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 45 of 129 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2013

Your_Empress wrote:

Get off the forums, get into Home and look around, take a survey if you have to. People talking out their *** about things they don't know anything about or talking crap just to make themselves feel better is *not* going to help PS Home get on the Playstation 4.

Those who say (or type) a lot often have little to offer, as often they only care to hear their own words ringing in their heads.

Sony doesn't have to tell you why. But I will tell you this, it does get patched, but new ways are easily found each time it is patched.

If Home is on the PS4, the reward system will be completely different. And developers with any sense are *not* going to continue gift machine development or rewards for game events. Codes are a much better option for them, until the whole reward system is re-vamped.

What does any of this have to do with what we are talking about?  The OP pointed out that the game developers are not getting paid as much as some of the Fanboys/girls on these forums seem to think they make.  If you re-read the OP post you will see that is why the developers say there are so few new items being made.  Jersquall pointed out a ISE exploit from before that has been fixed by Sony.   There for it has nothing to do with why so few items are being made today or why the developers get paid as little as they say they do.  None of this has anything to do with the ISE exploit if it does no one has ever linked the two.

Also if Home does make it onto the PS4 it will be 100% the same as it is today.  You can not have one program work one way on the PS3 and have the same program run another way on the PS4.  It's just not possable.

GAPHome

General

Message 46 of 129 (337 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Jul 23, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

a1557851 wrote:
ISE can also be used with paid owner only rewards and stuff. Pretty much any rewards can be ISE. Even the gift machine items.

"paid owner only rewards and stuff"?  Can you give examples?  Sorry I have no idea what your talking about.

My point was ISE only works on free items.  "Pretty much any rewards" the point of a reward is getting something for "FREE".

ISE is pretty much like any other reward system. If it hits the suggested requirement it outputs the reward. ISE just changes the requirement to just trigger it with some other requirements (like entering a lounge) and output the reward from the list they made. And since gift machine items are treated as reward items, it can be gainable.

Message 47 of 129 (332 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2013

a1557851 wrote:
ISE is pretty much like any other reward system. If it hits the suggested requirement it outputs the reward. ISE just changes the requirement to just trigger it with some other requirements (like entering a lounge) and output the reward from the list they made. And since gift machine items are treated as reward items, it can be gainable.

Sorry, if you didn't understand what I was asking of you.  But I was asking to know what paid items can you get today from ISE?  In the past Jersquall pointed out that you use to be able to get paid items from the gift machine but that has been fixed.

I also know what ISE is.  I was one of the first members on this BBS to report how maken Home into a game is a bad move and that this could be a problem one day.

Please keep in mind that no where in the OP's post does the OP say that this subject has anything to do with ISE.  I know some of you are trying to make it about ISE but your just going off-topic.  Please re-read the OP's post and if you still think it has to do with ISE please make a post saying how the two are linked.

GAPHome

General

Message 48 of 129 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Jul 23, 2013
  • Far too many technical errors causing disconnects and even system freezing directly related to Home.
  • Numerous problems with spaces and content.
  • Numerous problems with item management.
  • Numerous problems with organization and navigation.
  • Numerous problems with shopping.
  • Very poor Customer Relations & Communication
  • Prices have gotten far too high.  When a hot tub costs more than a PSN game, its a huge red flag.
  • Almost no promotional support, even from Sony.

THIS^^^^^^ I cannot agree more. But Sony knows more then the avg joe and thinks they know everything welp fellas here you have it, and thus is why you have this. This isn't working anymore. I as many others have pointed out and suggested, pointless due to the fact they wat to do it THERE way and not take suggestions. Part of a beta program is to discuss and talk about issues which I am sorry to say PSH does not. So what's the point of Beta?

But hey, there the genius's Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 129 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Your_Empress wrote:

What does any of this have to do with what we are talking about?  The OP pointed out that the game developers are not getting paid as much as some of the Fanboys/girls on these forums seem to think they make.  If you re-read the OP post you will see that is why the developers say there are so few new items being made.  Jersquall pointed out a ISE exploit from before that has been fixed by Sony.   There for it has nothing to do with why so few items are being made today or why the developers get paid as little as they say they do.  None of this has anything to do with the ISE exploit if it does no one has ever linked the two.

Also if Home does make it onto the PS4 it will be 100% the same as it is today.  You can not have one program work one way on the PS3 and have the same program run another way on the PS4.  It's just not possable.

It has everything to do with what we are talking about.

Think and open your eyes.

Developers make gift machine items to make money. They don't make the money they could if so many people are stealing it through ISE.

ISE is *not* patched and it never will be patched on the PS3 Home. Read what I wrote. Open your eyes. Any gift machine item can be obtained through ISE, items that are meant to be paid for.

Developers create and promote game events (such as Granzella, quite often), to sell items so users can increase theri chances of winning those *leaderboard* items.

*All leaderboard reward items, from any developer, as of right now can be obtained through ISE*

That gives developers no reason to create new game events with reward items, unless they go for the code system which costs them much more. Then they may even lose money on the event.

So when they do make game events in Home, they are lucky if they break even. 20 people actually buying stuff to play their game event is *not* going to justify doing it again.

It has everything to do with this discussion.

Open your eyes and think.

I'm done with this thread, you can go argue with yourself about it in a corner. Anybody who thinks before they respond knows what I'm saying is true and has very much *a lot* to do with why developers are not making what they could in PS Home.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 50 of 129 (300 Views)