Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

Re: RadioIO Pass

Sep 4, 2013
I do that too. I am talking about the channels they added. I would love to listen to em but am unable to cause it wont let me buy that option.
TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 11 of 22 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Sep 4, 2013

cgmann99 wrote:
I do that too. I am talking about the channels they added. I would love to listen to em but am unable to cause it wont let me buy that option.

...i have to see this myself so i can find out why

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 12 of 22 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Sep 4, 2013

can you tweet to @LOOTent for the issue you're having

Message 13 of 22 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:
Yeah...they can keep their passes. Especially for those prices. Just to listen to commercial free music? LOL...I dont think so.

I have an mp3 player full of "commercial free" music. And mp3's are free all over the internet. The Radio iO devices should work properly even without the pass. LOOT just needs to fix their crap. They hype these TV's and radios up like sliced bread....and they dont even work right, half the time.

People get tired of posting in the support thread, if nothing is continuously done to resolve these issues.

then why did you not post your issue to LOOT to Facebook and Twitter in the first pace?

Message 14 of 22 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Sep 5, 2013

I think these passes are ridiculous. So can we only listen to the radios now if we buy a pass? I already paid money for the radio bundle, so I'm not going to shell out more money just so I can listen to something that I was told a long time ago would be free radio. I think some of the developers on here are really getting greedy. Sorry Loot you were one of my favorite Home developer's for a while there. But this kind of changes things. Man Frustrated

bobs fed signature
Message 15 of 22 (206 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2013
I maybe wrong, but I thought the pass was for extra radio channels that were commercial free.

I'd like to think that we'll continue to get the channels we've always had and not lose any.
Message 16 of 22 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
19 posts

Sep 5, 2013

cgmann99 wrote:
I am tryin w the baked in EOD also along w the portable. It does not give me an option to buy at all and I have tried everything from the delete n reinstall, clear cache and reset modem and routr. I even called my ISP to check my line and still no result. Its on sony n loots end.

you have to go to new and featured>loot. it doesnt show up properly in the screen menu. prime example of why you shouldnt buy.

Message 17 of 22 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Well my radio magically worked without any effort earlier. I have not tried to use it since. But if it is fixed, you don't need the pass. It seems the pass is only there if you want more channels and that other stuff I mentioned in my op. I still won't buy it.

Message 18 of 22 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Mine still isn't working. I tried it about an hour ago. 

bobs fed signature
Message 19 of 22 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

I think these passes are ridiculous. So can we only listen to the radios now if we buy a pass? I already paid money for the radio bundle, so I'm not going to shell out more money just so I can listen to something that I was told a long time ago would be free radio. I think some of the developers on here are really getting greedy. Sorry Loot you were one of my favorite Home developer's for a while there. But this kind of changes things. Man Frustrated

I don't know why so few people realize this, but LOOT's EOD interface is simply a gateway to internet radio hosted by RadioIO. These new passes allow Home users to access their commercial free streams.

Unfortunately, LOOT does not go into much detail in the description. The passes are a Home version of RadioIO's Audiophile subscription package (21 ad free streams @ 192 kbps, 59 ad free streams @ 128 kbps). The price is normally $100 annually/$10 monthly. Assuming you don't mind the inconvenience of logging into Home to access crappy 192 kbps streams, this is technically a better deal than buying a subscription directly from RadioIO (which only gullible people do). However, when Sony closes Home, you will no longer be able to access your subscription.

If LOOT's radios are not functioning, RadioIO has probably altered its network (requiring an update from LOOT). Please be aware that the 21 "audiophile" (LOL! is this 1999?) stations will appear to be broken unless you've purchased a premium pass.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 20 of 22 (136 Views)