Sep 11 2013
By: SinfulDarkLord First Son 18 posts

RC Helicopter Tasks are messed up

9 replies 603 views Edited Sep 11, 2013

Over the couple days I have got a helicopter I have been attempting to do the RC Helicopter tasks. My attempts have been going bad. I am not to blame here since I can fly the Helicopter with ease. The issue is the amount of time given in between each checkpoint. The Helicopter moves at a certain speed that does not seem to overcome the time to reach each checkpoint. Two things can be done here to fix this. Either increase the time in between each checkpoint or increase the flying speed of the Helicopter.

Message 1 of 10 (603 Views)
VP of Gaming
28892 posts

Re: RC Helicopter Tasks are messed up

Sep 11, 2013

Challenging, isn't it? Hopefully someone will tip you off.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 10 (598 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Sep 11, 2013

Press up on the right analog stick to increase velocity.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 3 of 10 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Sep 11, 2013

These helicopter races aren't challenging, they are impossible.  It's obvious no one bothered to test the various courses before releasing this and taking our 300 acorns.  I've attempted at least 15 races, and succeeded twice, both times on the same course.  What a joke.  And the overall reduction in XP for all new tasks is something to really be appreciated too.  

If you don't have an RC item out, there's a good chance you'll get some task worth 40 - 80 XP, but if you have an RC item out, one you paid 300 acorns, or $3.00, not only is the task either difficult, or in the case of the helicopters impossible, but you're also penalized with reduced XP.  

So to anyone that wants max XP at the park, DON'T waste your 3 bucks on any of the RC items, waste it on something else.  Smiley Indifferent

Posted Image
Message 4 of 10 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Sep 11, 2013

Using the stunt chopper you can finish most tasks but the military and rescue chopper seem to be a lot slower so there's not enough time, or a bad race layout.  There is one course that is easy for all 3 choppers, it's the one that starts on the left side of the Swan boat rental shop closest to the spawn point.  A trick I figured out for dealing with the other helicopter race locations, launch your chopper, fly through one of the race gates or two if its close by then press X so the chopper goes back to your hand and run with your avatar toward the next race gate,  once you get close to it launch the chopper again and fly through it and any that are close by.  This trick really helps with the chopper tasks that make you go back and forth a lot.  Just keep doing that and you should be able to complete them.  I've been able to complete most of the race locations this way but there's a couple that are just a bad design.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 5 of 10 (561 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Sep 11, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

These helicopter races aren't challenging, they are impossible.

You shouldn't expect every game to hold your hand. VeeMee isn't nDreams.

Be thankful there are only a handful of rewards on Home which require skill?

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 6 of 10 (552 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Sep 12, 2013
I have told a friend of mine many times, there is no way to increase the velocity. The right analog stick only moves the helicopter forward and backward and does not either increase or decrease in speed. The helicopter moves as fast as it was designed to go.
Message 7 of 10 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
18 posts

Sep 12, 2013
That was the only one I have managed to complete. All other tasks run out of time eventually, because of the slow moving nature of the rescue and military helicopter. They need to fix this issue.
Message 8 of 10 (498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Sep 12, 2013
Rent a rescue helicopter and try these tasks yourself and later when you see that you fail, ask yourself whether its a matter of skills or just bad design.
Message 9 of 10 (498 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Sep 12, 2013
Like stated earlier I can control the helicopter with ease. I don't see in any way how it would be challenging unless if I didn't know how to fly the helicopter. I fly nice and straight keeping the helicopter right on its course. Yet somehow the time runs out. I really don't need to repeat myself so please read my first post.
Message 10 of 10 (497 Views)