Apr 19 2013
By: wrx009 Sackboy 463 posts

Quick question about HDD reserved space

5 replies 210 views Edited Apr 19, 2013

So I have 3gb for home right now and it seems like I'm downloading all the spaces I regularly go to almost daily. Infact just the other day I only went to Peakvox, Xi2 continuum, and my studio, and I had to download Peakvox after going to Xi2 after I was already in Peakvox for most of the morning. So my question is if I choose a higher reserve, like the 5 or the 8 will it keep spaces downloaded longer so I'm not constantly downloading the same spaces or will it do nothing?

Message 1 of 6 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

Re: Quick question about HDD reserved space

Apr 19, 2013

Yes, that is how it should work. Seems sometimes though you're forced to re-download spaces regardless. This is always the issue for me with x7 and Edo.

Message 2 of 6 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Apr 19, 2013

It does keep you from having to constantly download but also you want to pick the one that is comparitive to the size of your HDD. You don't want to choose a high gb if you have only a 60 or 80 sized HDD. Depends on your machine. 

Hopefully that gives you some idea of what to do. Sorry I'm not fluent in tech talk. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 6 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1126 posts

Apr 19, 2013

wrx009 wrote:

So I have 3gb for home right now and it seems like I'm downloading all the spaces I regularly go to almost daily. Infact just the other day I only went to Peakvox, Xi2 continuum, and my studio, and I had to download Peakvox after going to Xi2 after I was already in Peakvox for most of the morning. So my question is if I choose a higher reserve, like the 5 or the 8 will it keep spaces downloaded longer so I'm not constantly downloading the same spaces or will it do nothing?

hi op here is a pic and more infomation on hdd reseved space. this pic is from the help menu on ps home. i hope this helps

IMG_0214.JPG

Message 4 of 6 (151 Views)
Sackboy
463 posts

Apr 19, 2013

kymberlyte wrote:

It does keep you from having to constantly download but also you want to pick the one that is comparitive to the size of your HDD. You don't want to choose a high gb if you have only a 60 or 80 sized HDD. Depends on your machine. 

Hopefully that gives you some idea of what to do. Sorry I'm not fluent in tech talk. Smiley Tongue

oh I have a 320 gb w/ about 156 gb free so space isn't a problem...lol

Message 5 of 6 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
463 posts

Apr 19, 2013

technerd1000 wrote:

wrx009 wrote:

hi op here is a pic and more infomation on hdd reseved space. this pic is from the help menu on ps home. i hope this helps

IMG_0214.JPG

Thank you, That's a big help

Message 6 of 6 (100 Views)
0 Likes