May 05 2013
By: RaguRagula First Son 3 posts

Questions for Home players

4 replies 226 views Edited May 5, 2013
It has been a while since I stopped playing Home, and the PS4 seems to be right around the corner, so I'd like to ask the members of this community about recent developments and the future of Home. Have there been any announcements from GlassWalls or other Sony employees concerning its future? What changes have the latest updates brought, and when were they released? Lastly, have any new community managers been hired recently?
LONG LIVE PSN HOME WATCH!
Message 1 of 5 (226 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9495 posts

Re: Questions for Home players

May 5, 2013

• More item types – Including portable items with gameplay features and new types of Locomotion object.
  • Player Inspect – Allowing players to inspect other players, see what items they are wearing and where they got them.
  • Improved moderation – Providing enhanced tools to help Home moderators and admins provide a better service.
  • Improved Commerce Points – New systems to make the commerce process smoother and easier
  • Events – Supporting broader and more engaging social & gaming events within Home.
  • More use of server-side Save Data – Extending the range of save-data now that it is kept on Home’s servers.

Not all of the updates are currently live they will be added over the months

http://alphazone4.com/2013/04/08/playstation-home-1-80-coming-april-10th/

As for the Home on PS4 nothing has been said yet we will just have to wait for an official annoucement and about any new manager i don't think so

34366641006_7b28ed093e_o.png

Message 2 of 5 (219 Views)
First Son
3 posts

May 5, 2013
Thanks for the information. It's a good thing that the developers found a way to fix bugs without updating the client, but I wonder if all this effort will be for naught.
Message 3 of 5 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

May 5, 2013

Follow the news-gaming news as much as you can, there's a lot of it on the internet so don't rely on just 1 source. You & the rest of us should have most of our questions answered when E3 is over, so its mainly a matter of patience.

I've been waiting for a long time for someone to come out with something like the holographic game console that Chewbacca & R2D2 play on in the Falcon in the movie Star Wars, we're getting closer to that experience, sure would be nice to see home on a modern console like that.

Virtusphere ( http://www.virtusphere.com ) is very close but the physical system is too big for most of us, some of us have too small living rooms or apartments, so, hopefully someday a holographic console that seeats 4-6 will be in the works.

Message 4 of 5 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

May 6, 2013

I used to follow gaming news sites almost religiously (mostly IGN, Kotaku and GamesRadar), but it became clear at one point that some of the writers working for these sites (IGN in particular) were devoid of integrity and/or logic, so I eventually got tired of it and stopped visiting them. In any case, it didn't seem as though many articles about Home were being published at the time, and quite a few that were appeared to be mocking it. Maybe things have changed though.

As for E3, I'd like to see Sony talk about its plans for Home, but it's not rare to see products being treated as a mere afterthought when they should be discussed more extensively. Sometimes these products will only be mentioned before or after a press conference, or not at all. I'm not saying that this is what will happen, but it is possible.

aogamerdude wrote:

I've been waiting for a long time for someone to come out with something like the holographic game console that Chewbacca & R2D2 play on in the Falcon in the movie Star Wars, we're getting closer to that experience, sure would be nice to see home on a modern console like that.

Virtusphere ( http://www.virtusphere.com ) is very close but the physical system is too big for most of us, some of us have too small living rooms or apartments, so, hopefully someday a holographic console that seeats 4-6 will be in the works.

I don't know how viable such a device would be, but it's certainly an interesting idea. I personally would like to see something similar to Star Trek's holodecks or Star Ocean 3's battle simulators, assuming it's even possible, of course. This kind of technology might not be suitable for a living room, but it could be installed in places like arcades and movie theaters, perhaps even doubling as an auditorium when not in use.

Message 5 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes