Jan 31 2013
By: Dirty_NJ Lombax Warrior 91 posts

Questions about different regions/account (EU/JPN, etc)

28 replies 464 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

I've been on PS Home for a while, and I don't know much about other regions other than they have different content. I was wondering abou the following things:

1.) I'm under the impression that I can create a EU or JPN account on my NA console fairly easily. If that is the case, is it against any TOS to do that? Could I have my accounts/console banned for doing that?

2.)If I had someone on my friends list from another region, would I be able to visit them in any space they're in, including spaces that are unique to that region?

3.)If so, would I be able to gain any rewards that might be available in those spaces, and use them on my NA account?

Message 1 of 29 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Re: Questions about different regions/account (EU/JPN, etc)

Jan 31, 2013
# 1 No it's not going aginst the Tos

# 2 Yes apartments are region free

# 3 I don't know much about tye rewards
Message 2 of 29 (452 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Dirty_NJ wrote:

I've been on PS Home for a while, and I don't know much about other regions other than they have different content. I was wondering abou the following things:

1.) I'm under the impression that I can create a EU or JPN account on my NA console fairly easily. If that is the case, is it against any TOS to do that? Could I have my accounts/console banned for doing that?

You can indeed create an EU or JPN account from any console in any region as long as you have a valid address in that region when your making the account (Example: If you're making an for UK you would need a British or Europe address). It is against the terms however Sony very rarely check and most people on PSN already have multiple region accounts and no action has ever been taken against creating multiple region accounts. 

2.)If I had someone on my friends list from another region, would I be able to visit them in any space they're in, including spaces that are unique to that region?

Public spaces, no unless its a special event like E3 and the space is global. If a friend invited you to an exclusive apartment you will be able to join them

3.)If so, would I be able to gain any rewards that might be available in those spaces, and use them on my NA account?

[Apartments] Depends, some rewards are region locked  but most rewards would work

Message 3 of 29 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Everyone does it why should u be different just don't invest too much in or grow too attached to it

Message 4 of 29 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jan 31, 2013
You could earn any rewards from another region on that particular account but there's no way to really use them on another account. You can't go to friends in public spaces from a different region.
castle3
Message 5 of 29 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Dirty_NJ wrote:

Hey

1) It is against the Terms of Service to create an account using false information. Here's the quote from the TOS page:

"All information provided during account registration must be truthful and accurate. SNEI reserves the right to cancel any SEN Account that uses or that was created using untruthful or inaccurate information."

To those who may use other region accounts - don't get too attached to them just in case. But it technically is against the agreements if you lie during registration.

2) You can visit other region personal spaces if you are on somebody's friend list from that region. If you know others in another region, you could invite them to your estates or even a clubhouse too.

3) Certain personal spaces may offer rewards which you may be able to obtain using your account. If so, then yes.

Message 6 of 29 (419 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Jan 31, 2013
"All information provided during account registration must be truthful and accurate. SNEI reserves the right to cancel any SEN Account that uses or that was created using untruthful or inaccurate information."

if Sony did that then the amount of psn user that they like to boast about at e3 and such would probably drop by a quarter
Message 7 of 29 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1126 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

All what sophronia said but on a another note Here a link of stuff  you be banned for on home.  https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1260/kw/Banned.  here  a link to the forum rules too. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Rules-of-Conduct/m-p/37659637#U37659637. I hope this help and have fun and tc. 

Message 8 of 29 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Jan 31, 2013

If SCE Moderation actually stood by all their ToS rules, probably half of the users that use this forum section would be banned... Smiley Very Happy

YB

Message 9 of 29 (361 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28365 posts

Feb 1, 2013

MRswaghappy wrote:

Everyone does it why should u be different

I don't have an account in any other region but North America where I live.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 10 of 29 (306 Views)
0 Likes