Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: Question?

Jun 4, 2013

HEII_BK201 wrote:
Thank you cannon fodding lombax warrior...:-)

than.....WAIT WHAT?

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 21 of 29 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
202 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I guess we lost track of the original question because of your hasty generalization regarding "most". 

Per wikipedia:

Hasty generalization is an informal fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence— essentially making a hasty conclusion without considering all of the variables.

Since the generalization throws people off topic (your question), maybe your question is better stated:

For those who do hack, will they be banned or will Sony patch it?

If you are truly interested in getting an answer to the question, you need to release on the generalization.

But even more than that, it is clear from other comments here in this thread that there are different definitions of "hack".  Without your definition of "hack", we don't know if you mean an 'exploit', 'theft', 'glitch' or any of the other words that are used to describe something that we believe that the developers did not originally intend to be allowed to happen but does happen.  And, some of these 'exploits' have been around a long time without anything done about it.  Perhaps you should be more specific about what activity you are referring to as the 'hack'?  And, if you can, relate the 'hack' to a specific rule that is broken by the 'hacker' in the Terms of Service....

Anyway, with the fallacious assumption and the undefined activity, it is impossible to answer your question.  Please take another shot at it and we will do our best to answer.

Message 22 of 29 (225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Observe your surroundings and you will see the "most"
Message 23 of 29 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Gilgamesh680 wrote:

I guess we lost track of the original question because of your hasty generalization regarding "most". 

Per wikipedia:

Hasty generalization is an informal fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence— essentially making a hasty conclusion without considering all of the variables.

Since the generalization throws people off topic (your question), maybe your question is better stated:

For those who do hack, will they be banned or will Sony patch it?

If you are truly interested in getting an answer to the question, you need to release on the generalization.

But even more than that, it is clear from other comments here in this thread that there are different definitions of "hack".  Without your definition of "hack", we don't know if you mean an 'exploit', 'theft', 'glitch' or any of the other words that are used to describe something that we believe that the developers did not originally intend to be allowed to happen but does happen.  And, some of these 'exploits' have been around a long time without anything done about it.  Perhaps you should be more specific about what activity you are referring to as the 'hack'?  And, if you can, relate the 'hack' to a specific rule that is broken by the 'hacker' in the Terms of Service....

Anyway, with the fallacious assumption and the undefined activity, it is impossible to answer your question.  Please take another shot at it and we will do our best to answer.

Most is part of the question...

Take only one shouting to cover a silent crowd. Hacking is widespread but no, it's not most of Home users.

We've seen some more active action from Somny (SCEA?) recently regarding "hacked" account. I certainly hope it's a growing trend rather then a short strike.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 24 of 29 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3270 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
It is ignored for the most part... I believe Sony discriminates in our favor IF we are big spenders. I truly believe that they are quicker to ban people who don't buy anything from the network than say someone that's spent 500 bucks. Its just smart business.

Certainly not!!! Same as the wealthy of the world should not be above the law! I recently had serious problem with a PsHome  big spender and I hope this was not in mods mind while reviewing the reports.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 25 of 29 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jun 4, 2013

For the record. Since when does most mean everyone, or all users on PSH. Numbers have went up alot on the hacking items, such as dances and costumes.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/1745525/image-id/166787i0073806FB762734
Get your Portable ID!
Message 26 of 29 (160 Views)
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

Jun 4, 2013

xSnakeEyes69 wrote:

For the record. Since when does most mean everyone, or all users on PSH. Numbers have went up alot on the hacking items, such as dances and costumes.

For this forum, all you need is 1 person Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 29 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
165 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Well I think you should ask yourself what the purpose of the hacker is. Like if its someone who wants to glitch onto thin air or wear an item, is that really something to freak out about? Now the people trying to hack someone's profile, get their personal information, those are the people Sony should be concerned about. Every crime isn't equal. In RL and online. Don't let the authority in charge be it a government or corporation (if there is a difference between the two Smiley Tongue ) take away your common sense and own personal judgment.
Message 28 of 29 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1960 posts

Jun 4, 2013
How about frostys? Their hackers too,and when the freeze a server it messes up some of ps3 files.I had to wait 4 hours till I could get back online.

Message 29 of 29 (123 Views)
0 Likes