Nov 17 2012
By: Rosie_OO Lombax Warrior 112 posts

Question for ppl with a 2nd city in Home Tycoon

6 replies 191 views Edited Nov 17, 2012
Ok - I now have 2 developed citys in Tycoon (both with good healthy stats) but Im finding whilst the rent income generates normally in my 1st original city it doesnt in the 2nd new city, its generating so slowly it takes days to max whilst the 1st city takes 3hrs.

This has totally ruined the reason I bought the 2nd city for (so i still have an income source whilst I flatten and rebuild the original city so I can include all the new buildings Ive unlocked thru the expansion packs).

Ok so what Id like to know from ppl with a 2nd city is...

1) do you suffer the same slow income generation in 1 of your 2 citys?

2) do you know if this is a 'known' problem eg Hellfire Games know about it?

Thanks, I have emailed Hellfire but no reply as yet.
Message 1 of 7 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Re: Question for ppl with a 2nd city in Home Tycoon

Nov 17, 2012

Same thing happened to me except its my first city that isnt producing any rent with all my globosyn skyscrapers.

Message 2 of 7 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Yeh thats prob cos u got bad stats eg positive pollution n crime
Message 3 of 7 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

Yes, I have the exact same problem with income generation between my 2 cities. I have been too busy with other Home spaces to inestigate further and try to define the problem. I stopped growing my 2nd city when I noticed the issue. The problem is definately with the game. I make it a point to always collect off the city which pays the most. I noticed the issue on about day 4, after the game released. I periodically checked the support threads for info., but this topic, if posted, never caught my attention. Thus, I assumed it might be a limited bug in my game save data file, or on their server. I am actually surprised that you seem to be the first to post on this.

As noted above, the 3,400 on the Globocon skyscrapers may be the main issue. I usually use workers to collect, and only go after income > 500. But, the point is that something is not working correctly, or we do not understand the system.
Posted Image

Message 4 of 7 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2672 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Rosie_OO wrote:
Ok - I now have 2 developed citys in Tycoon (both with good healthy stats) but Im finding whilst the rent income generates normally in my 1st original city it doesnt in the 2nd new city, its generating so slowly it takes days to max whilst the 1st city takes 3hrs.

This has totally ruined the reason I bought the 2nd city for (so i still have an income source whilst I flatten and rebuild the original city so I can include all the new buildings Ive unlocked thru the expansion packs).

Ok so what Id like to know from ppl with a 2nd city is...

1) do you suffer the same slow income generation in 1 of your 2 citys?

2) do you know if this is a 'known' problem eg Hellfire Games know about it?

Thanks, I have emailed Hellfire but no reply as yet.

I can't collect (for the most part) income from both cities on the same day. Sometimes I can collect from one and not the other and then it reverses. Places I didn't collect from before are collectable in either city.

One has to I believe have enough workers to earn revenue but as to how many or what percentage I don't know. I  don't even know how to read the percentages all that well.

What it sounds like you're describing is the way I perceive it work for me as to collecting revenue from two cities with the exception of the three day wait. If your city is new, you may have to wait. 

I agree with anyone who disagrees with what I said because we may all have out own issues with how things work (or don't).

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 5 of 7 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Nov 17, 2012

I have the same issue here, i kinda regret getting a 2nd city myself...oh well

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 6 of 7 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Zeelot wrote:

I have the same issue here, i kinda regret getting a 2nd city myself...oh well

I bought a second city because I thought it would open the bridge that is blocked.  I had around a million dollars so I made the second a gold city mostly but now all my globosyn skyscrapers in first city arent collecting rent when before they always did.  Then the gold skyscrapers in second city at first didnt collect but now they are.

Message 7 of 7 (113 Views)
0 Likes