Gaming Beast
1863 posts

Re: Question about sending pm's

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote
... although, I'm not sure if you can /PM yourself. hehe

LOL - I can't believe I've never thought to try it before!  Well, I just did and I'm sad to report that you can't talk to yourself in Home. Smiley Sad  It tells you: "You can't send a Personal message to yourself".

Message 11 of 26 (147 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Apr 18, 2013

I used to have so much fun with that when my girlfriend was living with me. Sitting on the same couch I could see the usual default troll doing the dance on her , pm or other childish behavior. Sent the guy guy a pm and we we're both laughing watching his avater trying to find me Smiley Wink

On a side note... I occasionnaly use that feature sending th pm to a non-existent ID, usually /pm notetomods before reporting someone if I feel some additional info can be usefull. I'm pretty sure it shows oin the chat log on the report but I'm not totally sure, Any insight on that anyone?

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 12 of 26 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 18, 2013

anamri wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote
... although, I'm sure if you can /PM yourself. hehe

LOL - I can't believe I've never thought to try it before!  Well, I just did and I'm sad to report that you can't talk to yourself in Home. Smiley Sad  It tells you: "You can't send a Personal message to yourself".

Awe man! You can't do a; /pm Anton_Xul "Memo to self, Clean out fishtank. Thank You."

Antonio Xul
Message 13 of 26 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 18, 2013

anamri wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote
... although, I'm sure if you can /PM yourself. hehe

Ugg. Don't you hate it when you don't notice a typo until someone else quotes you? It should be "I'm NOT sure if you can /PM yourself" *sigh*  Thanks for testing this for everyone, though. Good to know!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 26 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

I used to have so much fun with that when my girlfriend was living with me. Sitting on the same couch I could see the usual default troll doing the dance on her , pm or other childish behavior. Sent the guy guy a pm and we we're both laughing watching his avater trying to find me Smiley Wink

On a side note... I occasionnaly use that feature sending th pm to a non-existent ID, usually /pm notetomods before reporting someone if I feel some additional info can be usefull. I'm pretty sure it shows oin the chat log on the report but I'm not totally sure, Any insight on that anyone?

Oh, I bet that would work! But I have no idea how we could test it for sure. Also, that might work for *note to self* idea mentioned before this post.

Message 15 of 26 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 18, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Brunz_911 wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys. yeah i heard about it not working in any of the pottermore spaces. thanks again.

Couple things to keep in mind, you only need to type /P PSN-ID.  

Also, even if you are not in Pottermore, if the person you are trying to PM is in those spaces they wont see your message - and neither of you will get any kind of alert message letting you know your message was not received.  Same thing if you are in the Pottermore spaces and try and send a PM to someone who is not in Pottermore, they still wont receive it, and you wont get an alert message informing you they did not get it.  (same goes for group and club chat as well).

Nice PRO-TIP! One letter may not seem like much, but if you use it a lot it could add up.

Message 16 of 26 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I believe you will also need to use a colon after the PSN ID. There are spaces between PM & ID and ID & colon So it would look like this ....  /pm PSN_ID : place message here . I haven't tried lately but I use to be able to send myself a /pm just to test if I was doing it correctly.

Message 17 of 26 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

SirDragonknight wrote:

I believe you will also need to use a colon after the PSN ID. There are spaces between PM & ID and ID & colon So it would look like this ....  /pm PSN_ID : place message here . I haven't tried lately but I use to be able to send myself a /pm just to test if I was doing it correctly.

hmm I've never had to use the colon, just added a space after the persons ID & when i sent it the colon just appeared.

Message 18 of 26 (83 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28567 posts

Apr 19, 2013

SirDragonknight wrote:

I believe you will also need to use a colon after the PSN ID.

Not to anyone in particular, but does anyone ever read the tips and hints that we have as we wait for a space to load? There is information on how to use the chat functions.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 19 of 26 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

SirDragonknight wrote:

I believe you will also need to use a colon after the PSN ID.

Not to anyone in particular, but does anyone ever read the tips and hints that we have as we wait for a space to load? There is information on how to use the chat functions.

Yet you quote someone in particular.

Message 20 of 26 (66 Views)