Aug 10 2013
By: TSFRJ Treasure Hunter 5706 posts

Question about blank friend requests on HOME?

[ Edited ]
33 replies 370 views Edited Aug 10, 2013

Why do people send blank friend request?

I can understand if your chatting with people and they send one or if you tell them to send you one. But every time im sent one by a stranger with no explation i get confused. I don't walkupto bank teller say hi and expect them already know why im saying hi or what transaction i plan to do.

So im curious if anyone who has sent a unexpected blank friend request to a stranger why?

How often due you get accepted?

How often due you get rejected?

What kind of response message do you get from those who reject blank request?

Im just kind of curious about the thought process behind blank friend request?

images.jpg

Message 1 of 34 (370 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: Question about blank friend requests on HOME?

Aug 10, 2013

I never send  random blank friend requests. I always will get to know the person or explain I added them through a friend to add me.

Sometimes, I send a message, with me typing "Friend Request", just a message though.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 34 (351 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2013

I have privacy settings on my alternate accounts. That keeps the unsolicited FR's under control. It's not a problem if you have a full list. It is interesting though wondering how many of those actually get accepted. Many don't even say hello and simply send a request. 

Message 3 of 34 (345 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6255 posts

Aug 10, 2013

I know that when your trying to interact with anything on Home. Sometimes you click onto other folks by accident. I have clicked the group chat by accident since it's the top selection on the menu. I never have sent a friends request by accident though.Woman Happy 

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 4 of 34 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Aug 10, 2013

as a MVP i'll be extra nice sometimes and will reply with are you wanting a tour of a space or helpon a HOME game.most time i just click no and wait for a 2nd request Smiley Happy

most time when i do reply asking why i never geta respons and 12hrs later select donot add.

images.jpg

Message 5 of 34 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6255 posts

Aug 10, 2013

TSFRJ wrote:

as a MVP i'll be extra nice sometimes and will reply with are you wanting a tour of a space or helpon a HOME game.most time i just click no and wait for a 2nd request Smiley Happy

most time when i do reply asking why i never geta respons and 12hrs later select donot add.

Some of those request are probably from new users that might not even be aware that they have sent a request.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 6 of 34 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Aug 10, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

TSFRJ wrote:

Some of those request are probably from new users that might not even be aware that they have sent a request.Woman Happy

that be number 1 reason im thinking lol

images.jpg

Message 7 of 34 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6255 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2013

TSFRJ wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

TSFRJ wrote:

that be number 1 reason im thinking lol

I haven't  had my morning coffee yet.Woman Embarassed

Message 8 of 34 (303 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Aug 10, 2013

This is a great question. I don't send blank requests and I don't accept them, unless I know who the person is through some other means.

I never understood why I would get "drive by friend requests" where people will run past me, I'll read the name to see if it's someone I recognize, and then they run off as I get the message alert.

Maybe they're just shy, maybe they clicked on me by accident, maybe they liked my outfit and think a friend request is like an in-game kudo. I really have no idea.

Maybe I should ask every one them why they send them and build a table of most common answers... but that sounds like a lot of work. Smiley Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 34 (297 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Aug 10, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

I haven't  had my morning coffee yet.Woman Embarassed

number 1 way to get a friend request accepted make and offer fresh pot of coffee

images.jpg

Message 10 of 34 (296 Views)