Dec 01 2012
By: Ingavar_out Lombax Warrior 150 posts

Private space glitching

5 replies 182 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

I emailed Customer Support and got told to ask the question here, so here's what I sent in:

I recently bought the Avalon Keep private space and do enjoy it, but have come across an issue in the minigame where you fly a dragonfly around the space to pick up crystals for in-space rewards. There are several places crystals will spawn, but I am totally unable to pick them up; I get redirected when I get close to them. Another issue is when I was redecorating the space, somehow it was not allowing me to remove items using the Furniture>Organize menu; instead I had to move them to a space where my avatar could get the prompt and choose to remove them.

Another thing similar to this happened to a Home friend. She bought the Island Bungalow, and even though she hasn't filled up the 100-slot item limit, it is not allowing her to add any other objects, and if she removes any it is still not allowing her to add more.

These are small things and not too big a deal, but that has me worried about how programming problems could progress. Is there anything I can or should do about this?

Message 1 of 6 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3256 posts

Re: Private space glitching

Dec 1, 2012

Ingavar_out wrote:

I emailed Customer Support and got told to ask the question here, so here's what I sent in:

I recently bought the Avalon Keep private space and do enjoy it, but have come across an issue in the minigame where you fly a dragonfly around the space to pick up crystals for in-space rewards. There are several places crystals will spawn, but I am totally unable to pick them up; I get redirected when I get close to them. Another issue is when I was redecorating the space, somehow it was not allowing me to remove items using the Furniture>Organize menu; instead I had to move them to a space where my avatar could get the prompt and choose to remove them.

Another thing similar to this happened to a Home friend. She bought the Island Bungalow, and even though she hasn't filled up the 100-slot item limit, it is not allowing her to add any other objects, and if she removes any it is still not allowing her to add more.

These are small things and not too big a deal, but that has me worried about how programming problems could progress. Is there anything I can or should do about this?

I don't own Avalon Keep, so I am not positive about this, but I would think the crystal collecting would be done with your avatar, not the dragonfly?  I'm just making an assumption here and could be wrong.

The item limit for apartments isn't really an "item" limit at all, it is a "slot" limit.  Most simple decorations only use up 1 slot each, however active items can use more.  For example the Loot EOD TV is 25 slots, or 1/4 of your entire slot limit.  Most are significantly less, but if you only have (as an example) 8 slots left, and try placing an item that requires 14, you will not be allowed to place it.  There will be a meter on the left side of your screen as you are decorating spaces that will tell you how many slots you've currently used, and how many the item you currently have selected would potentially use.

Hope this helps.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Prepare for no fix, no reply, and nothing else.

You sent it to the wrong company. You need to send it to the company who made the product. If it's Sony, your SOL.

Message 3 of 6 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Okay, here goes: the crystal thing is unavoidable mostly, but leaving and coming back resets their placement so everytimes different.
About the removing items through organizer, there are seperate 'rooms' to avalon keep, although it is one giant space that uses 100 slots, you must be physically present in the room you are trying to remove items from, if you are not in that area, you can not remove it with organizer. I know its annoying.

About your friends' issue, that is a known furniture placement error that the support team is aware of, and has said they are working on. Thats unfortuneatelty unavoidable it seems and is a bad coincidence if it happens to you.
Support Forums
Message 4 of 6 (150 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Ingavar_out wrote:

Sounds like all bugs sorry not much help we can give you.  If you're lucky one of the staff will post somthing here with more info if not... you're out of luck.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 5 of 6 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1125 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Here this will help you try sending a pm to a hevy water delopers and explain the issue with the here the link http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/641497

Message 6 of 6 (108 Views)
0 Likes