Apr 18 2007
By: Boylicious Monster Hunter 40 posts

Price of upgrading your home.

17 replies 9 views Edited Apr 18, 2007
While Im sure nothing official has been said, something thats on my mind is how buying a larger home will work.

Lets there are 4 sizes, first upgrade costs $10, second, $20, third $30, and fourth $40. If someone bought the second upgrade, and later wanted the fourth, do you think they'd charge us the whole amount or the difference? Im assuming they'd charge people money for upgrades in size.
Message 1 of 18 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Re: Price of upgrading your home.

Apr 18, 2007

Cairo Otoshi wrote:
While Im sure nothing official has been said, something thats on my mind is how buying a larger home will work.

Lets there are 4 sizes, first upgrade costs $10, second, $20, third $30, and fourth $40. If someone bought the second upgrade, and later wanted the fourth, do you think they'd charge us the whole amount or the difference? Im assuming they'd charge people money for upgrades in size.

I think I remember reading something that Phil Harrison said, that the content wouldn't cost more than $10, I don't know if its true as I don't have that link, but it certainly is believable because I doubt anyone will be willing to pay more than 10 dollars for some virtual, stylish things
Message 2 of 18 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
269 posts

Apr 18, 2007

PSPMAN07 wrote:

Cairo Otoshi wrote:

I think I remember reading something that Phil Harrison said, that the content wouldn't cost more than $10, I don't know if its true as I don't have that link, but it certainly is believable because I doubt anyone will be willing to pay more than 10 dollars for some virtual, stylish things

Ud be surprised at how many people spend literally £10-500 on an online game... i wont mention the names cos i dno if its agenst the forum rules
Message 3 of 18 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Apr 18, 2007

Hasan-Viper wrote:

PSPMAN07 wrote:

Cairo Otoshi wrote:

Ud be surprised at how many people spend literally £10-500 on an online game... i wont mention the names cos i dno if its agenst the forum rules

An Online game is different than buying clothing and a house that you can't literally wear or live in. I can understand that, Online Gaming, thats because you are paying for you enjoyment, that would be like me going bowling, I go for enjoyment and fun, yet I have to pay for the games that I bowl. Clothing and Housing, etc. I can see paying for as well, but not definitely not to the degree that I would for Online Gaming.
Message 4 of 18 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 18, 2007
$10 is very steep....

Let's say, you upgrade to the third largest apartment for $5
Then, you decide to upgrade to the largest buliding possible.

Now, if that building would have cost $7 to upgrade from the standard room, logically, the price should be reduced to $2, because you have already upgraded to a point were there are no drastic size changes

Message 5 of 18 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Apr 18, 2007

Shnozzle wrote:
$10 is very steep....

Now, if that building would have cost $7 to upgrade from the standard room, logically, the price should be reduced to $2, because you have already upgraded to a point were there are no drastic size changes

Well things will differ. Thats was a given thought. Not everything is going to cost ten dollars only the things that are worth that amount, I just simply stated that I remember reading something that said that nothing in Home will cost over 10 dollars. But as I said I am not truly sure of that, but it sounds about right, as I don't see people paying 20 + dollars for content in the store just to make something look good.
Message 6 of 18 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 18, 2007

PSPMAN07 wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:
$10 is very steep....

Well things will differ. Thats was a given thought. Not everything is going to cost ten dollars only the things that are worth that amount, I just simply stated that I remember reading something that said that nothing in Home will cost over 10 dollars. But as I said I am not truly sure of that, but it sounds about right, as I don't see people paying 20 + dollars for content in the store just to make something look good.

Well, in all plausibility, many Home users will be discouraged by prices over $10 for a sole piece of furniture, or a lone upgrade. Like you said, properties or goods won't usually cost that much unless they are worthy of a high pricetag.

Now, I feel that a good idea on Sony's behalf is to offer a preview catalouge of available furniture, upgrades, and their price estimates. Using a list such as this to familiarize with the size, style, detail of the furniture, etc., the beta testers should be able to vote on the price range for certain goods. This way, Sony can get an idea of how much consumers are ready, or willing, to spend.

Message 7 of 18 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Apr 18, 2007

Shnozzle wrote:

PSPMAN07 wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:
$10 is very steep....

Well, in all plausibility, many Home users will be discouraged by prices over $10 for a sole piece of furniture, or a lone upgrade. Like you said, properties or goods won't usually cost that much unless they are worthy of a high pricetag.

Now, I feel that a good idea on Sony's behalf is to offer a preview catalouge of available furniture, upgrades, and their price estimates. Using a list such as this to familiarize with the size, style, detail of the furniture, etc., the beta testers should be able to vote on the price range for certain goods. This way, Sony can get an idea of how much consumers are ready, or willing, to spend.

Now thats a great idea, I agree, a catalogue would be perfect, they could host it in the playstation store, and have an added section where items that show soon to come out so that people can save up money for those products that they have coming out.
Message 8 of 18 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1072 posts

Apr 19, 2007
They may already have a good idea from people's desire to buy in game goods with real money in games such as Everquest.  Heck, people will plunk down $100 to buy 500 (or whatever) gold pieces in game.  There is definitely a market for paying real life money for virtual goods.

(PSN: CraigHwk)
Message 9 of 18 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Apr 19, 2007
does anyone know if it is going to be like a package deal like you buy the second largest apartment and you get special furniture you wouldn't get in the lower end apartments or will it be you buy a couch for like $1 or $2 and buy a matching chair for another $1 or $2? or... lol just get a furniture set
PSN:shadowmoon add me
Message 10 of 18 (9 Views)
0 Likes