May 16 2013
By: AbysmalDawna Fender Bender 2003 posts

Prairie Disappointment

22 replies 372 views Edited May 16, 2013

Last night for some reason I couldnt get in the prairie. Just outside others having problem too.  As I sat on my horse outside the gate listening to the music I realized my hopes that this space would evolve into constantly changing facets of western life were nothing but a future that would never come to pass.  To a lesser extant it reminded me of the lost dream of loco island 2.

I had to face the fact that games about war and gangs and military madness would always dominate Home because  Home is just a reflection of the sad state of the world in which we live where people enjoy fighting and killing and destruction.

Once in a while something relaxful and peaceful sneaks through almost by accident such as the prairie and loco island.  I like the new park a lot but it seems kind of rediculous to have to pay to see an avatar eat or drink. It seems by now that should be normal behaviour.

Message 1 of 23 (372 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Re: Prairie Disappointment

May 16, 2013

I can't understand why lockwood can't open the house, complete with kitchen, bathroom, livingroom etc and them make the whole space a personal one. Right now it's just another dead space on Home.

Message 2 of 23 (357 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 16, 2013

I actually agree with you on this. I had hoped the Prairie would receive regular updates and become something much closer to it's obvious potential. Perhaps, DL has seen this potential and is working on something in a similar vein? Also, it sounds like soon the Acorn Meadows Park may soon be fixed to the point you can earn your acorns to eat or drink. While you would still have to pay virtual money, at least then you wouldn't have to spend real money, just your time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 23 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2038 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013
Well I have to agree, it is disappointing that the Lockwood prairie won't be receiving any updates, but I'm not really surprised either.

Lockwood's plans lately have been to develop new content/spaces and then basically abandon them and move onto something else, so I never look forward to anything else from them anymore once a space is released.

As was said we can probably expect more from Digital Leisure's new western themed space coming out soon.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 23 (309 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 16, 2013

This is pretty much par for the course with Lockwood now. I never expected a Prairie update. I don't expect Sunset Lounge will ever update. I'm not terribly sure why their HQ space exists.

Ever since Mercia, there's been a radical shift in what they produce.The quality of their items is still generally good, but I don't see as much innovation from them. It's as if the ideas get thought halfway through, then turned into products.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 5 of 23 (303 Views)
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

May 16, 2013
Well i knew this was gonna happen. Which is why I never bought a horse. I knew the novelty would wear off almost immediately. The same reason I have no interest in acorn meadows. Won't be long before a newer space leafs the park almost abandoned... and I predict the glitches will resurface even after they fix them. Isn't there an ol western saloon on the way? Hopefully.
Message 6 of 23 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

May 16, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
Well i knew this was gonna happen. Which is why I never bought a horse. I knew the novelty would wear off almost immediately. The same reason I have no interest in acorn meadows. Won't be long before a newer space leafs the park almost abandoned... and I predict the glitches will resurface even after they fix them. Isn't there an ol western saloon on the way? Hopefully.

There was a western saloon personal space a while back but it was kind of a gyp.

Message 7 of 23 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Lockwood Developer
50 posts

May 16, 2013

Hi all,

We're actually working on an expansion to the Prairie at this very moment...

Prairie.jpg

It will be coming out in 2-3 months, so hang tight!

Kind regards,

Tim

Message 8 of 23 (242 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

May 16, 2013

LKWD_Tim wrote:

Hi all,

We're actually working on an expansion to the Prairie at this very moment...

Prairie.jpg

It will be coming out in 2-3 months, so hang tight!

Kind regards,

Tim

yes yes yes i knew it the house was just begging for us to go inside Smiley Happy longover due but thankyou

images.jpg

Message 9 of 23 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 16, 2013

Sweet! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 23 (226 Views)
0 Likes