Apr 7, 2013

ID - RainAsh29868

Gryffindor

Message 91 of 164 (391 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Re: Pottermore "Homies" - Add Your Username

Apr 7, 2013

I remember that feeling... but you need to look beyond the books in order to really get a feel from Slytherin house.  Harry made enemies of several key people there and colored his view of the entire populace.  

When I got sorted into Slytherin, I was ready to be done with Pottermore for good.  Thankfully, I stuck with it, and grew not only a new appreciation for Slytherin, but learned to love my house.  See, the stereotype is that all Slytherins are evil is just false.  The house has had it share of dark wizards - but so has EVERY other house at Hogwarts.  We're cunning, ambitious, and work really hard to achieve our goals.  Gryffindor and Slytherin are the different sides of the same coin, which is why we don't get along all the time.  We disagree about our means to the same end goal.  Gryffs go in, guns blazing.  Slytherins sit back and get the lay of the land and plot each move's pros and cons.

My favorite part of the whole house is that once you are in, you'll never be alone.  While other houses may have their weak links... we pull ours into the fold so far that no one knows they're weak. 

So, give Slytherin a shot.  You'll meet a lot of very nice people who are a lot like you. 

Message 92 of 164 (388 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3880 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Anton_Xul asked:

I haven't visited Pottermore.com yet, but I was wondering, do yo get to pick your own name and is there certain questions (I believe it's questions that you are answering to get sorted) you need to answer a certain way to get into a certain house? If I were to do this, I would prefer Ravenclaw as I dig Ravens. How would I answer questions to get into Ravenclaw?

;^) You get a choice of five names to pick from. Each is two words joined together, appended by four or five numerals.

You're correct that there is a quiz that determines which house you get assigned to. The decision is determined by your answers. However, the tricky part is that not every student gets all the same questions, so one cannot simply write down his questions and answers to make a roadmap for others to follow.

Instead, I suggest just answering the questions honestly, and finding out where you end up, even if just for fun.

Message 93 of 164 (367 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

Anton_Xul asked:

I haven't visited Pottermore.com yet, but I was wondering, do yo get to pick your own name and is there certain questions (I believe it's questions that you are answering to get sorted) you need to answer a certain way to get into a certain house? If I were to do this, I would prefer Ravenclaw as I dig Ravens. How would I answer questions to get into Ravenclaw?

;^) You get a choice of five names to pick from. Each is two words joined together, appended by four or five numerals.

You're correct that there is a quiz that determines which house you get assigned to. The decision is determined by your answers. However, the tricky part is that not every student gets all the same questions, so one cannot simply write down his questions and answers to make a roadmap for others to follow.

Instead, I suggest just answering the questions honestly, and finding out where you end up, even if just for fun.

OK, thanks! One quick question plus a follow up. Do each house have it's own personality or trait that maybe the questions are judged by? If so, what are they for each?

Antonio Xul
Message 94 of 164 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Just a FYI for those that are looking to change their house by startimg over. There are apparently different sets of questions. I was resorted and i managed to stay in the same house.all but two questions were ones i previously had. So there are no set answers to get in a certain house as they are random.
Message 95 of 164 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3880 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:

OK, thanks! One quick question plus a follow up. Do each house have it's own personality or trait that maybe the questions are judged by? If so, what are they for each?

;^) Yeah, they do. My take on it is that from their names, the Slytherin are the Sneaky Schemers, The Hufflepuffs are the Out-Of-Shape Dullards, the Gryffindors are the Cool Kids, while the Ravenclaws are the Brainiacs. I'm second-guessing that Rowlings added the Ravenclaws as a second groupd of cool kids, to prevent the cliche of Gryffindor being the only cool kids.

Of course, there are more subtleties than that. Group statistics do not apply to the individual. Each house has its selfish students, dumb students, bright students, athletic students, etc. But in general, they seem to match the cliches as I've described them. At least to me.

I can't say how accurate the test is, but it assigned me to Ravenclaw, for what that's worth.

Message 96 of 164 (349 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Apr 7, 2013

HallowQuest5110

Hufflepuff

PottermoreStatus.jpg

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 97 of 164 (342 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

Anton_Xul wrote:

;^) Yeah, they do. My take on it is that from their names, the Slytherin are the Sneaky Schemers, The Hufflepuffs are the Out-Of-Shape Dullards, the Gryffindors are the Cool Kids, while the Ravenclaws are the Brainiacs. I'm second-guessing that Rowlings added the Ravenclaws as a second groupd of cool kids, to prevent the cliche of Gryffindor being the only cool kids.

Of course, there are more subtleties than that. Group statistics do not apply to the individual. Each house has it's selfish students, dumb students, bright students, athletic students, etc. But in general, they seem to match the cliches as I've described them. At least to me.

I can't say how accurate the test is, but it assigned me to Ravenclaw, for what that's worth.

Thanks again. You've been a real help.

Antonio Xul
Message 98 of 164 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2691 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

Anton_Xul wrote:

Of course, there are more subtleties than that. Group statistics do not apply to the individual. Each house has it's selfish students, dumb students, bright students, athletic students, etc. But in general, they seem to match the cliches as I've described them. At least to me.

Smiley Sad

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 99 of 164 (334 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

Of course, there are more subtleties than that. Group statistics do not apply to the individual. Each house has its selfish students, dumb students, bright students, athletic students, etc. But in general, they seem to match the cliches as I've described them. At least to me.

Out of shape....  Smiley Indifferent

Dullards.....  Smiley Sad

Excuse me.....!    Smiley Mad

Did you know another Hufflepuff trait is, you upset one of us, you upset all of us, and we all pull together. Badgers are secretive and quiet... until provoked.  And now, we're watching you...! Smiley Tongue

Message 100 of 164 (339 Views)