Oct 23 2013
By: winton_chevalier Monster Hunter 27 posts

Pottermore: No House Points, No Future

6 replies 480 views Edited Oct 23, 2013
Since the end of June, many of us have witnessed all Pottermore spaces becoming No Man land. The number of regular visitors has plunged leaving only casual ones who are mostly young teenagers (according to my own daily observation) roaming about without clear purpose what they are doing there and mostly with no proper house uniform on. Something must have gone wrong here, mustn't it? Has anyone ever wondered what we get from playing all the Pottermore games on PS Home apart from those collectible Pottermore cards that are basically worthless and the table and chair rewards from the library fragment game. No house points to earn that count as well as on the main Pottermore website where millions of fans constantly work hard to contribute points to the house they belong to whether from making potions or duelling against other houses. If you Sony expect people to spend their real money on clothing, furniture items and stay loyal within Pottermore community on PS Home you must compromise by link the house points system on pottermore.com to Pottermore Home. The Great Hall is useless without the ability to provide members of each house their current points against others. Yes you may still be able to draw public attention to return their loyalty to Pottermore by adding seasonal events and games to it, but for how long. Isn't it the House Cup the one and only highlight amongst those millions busy brewing potions or duellings all day all night? Could you advise what good enough reasons anyone should link their pottermore account to their PSN one apart from being able to visit most-of-the-time-empty common room and trade cards that don't really worth the time and effort collecting. And why should anybody bother carrying on herding books, answering the trivia quiz, duelling, and all the rest on PS Home? RSVP
Message 1 of 7 (480 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Pottermore: No House Points, No Future

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2013
I'll admit, I was somewhat excited when this was all first added. I even had a Hogwarts House thread going to help people connect.

Now a few months later, seeing what they're doing with it (or lack thereof), it's rather embarrassing really. You can't even use chat features in one of their PURCHASABLE apartments for Christ sake. I've lost interest at this point.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 7 (471 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Oct 23, 2013

winton_chevalier wrote:
Since the end of June, many of us have witnessed all Pottermore spaces becoming No Man land. 

...without the violents and apocalists.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 3 of 7 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Oct 23, 2013
The end of Pottersnore.

..No one saw it coming..
Message 4 of 7 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Oct 27, 2013

The Pottermore spaces are certainly among the most beautifully designed environments in Home.  The attention to detail is quite impressive.

I'm not entirely sure why they exist or what I'm supposed to do when I visit...but they are very beautiful.

castle3
Message 5 of 7 (324 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4509 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

The Pottermore spaces are certainly among the most beautifully designed environments in Home.  The attention to detail is quite impressive.

I'm not entirely sure why they exist or what I'm supposed to do when I visit...but they are very beautiful.

Agreed, and the games can be a lot of fun, and also visually much nicer than most games in Home.  It's just a shame this promo was not better planned, and that the severe restrictions and very little incentive to keep coming back and stay in those spaces for long clearly turned *most  people off and have left those spaces mostly deserted.

* Yes, I understand there are some who do not mind not being able to receive or send any messages other than local, and don't mind having to wear only Pottermore clothes and only use Pottermore LMOs & companions, even though there are countless non-Pottermore items in Home that would fit the theme and allow users to create more individual looks... But clearly these people are the exception and not the rule.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 6 of 7 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Oct 27, 2013
I can't speak on the games. Trading cards and herding books sounds so dreadfully boring that I've never bothered to try them. In fact, I haven't been compelled to even visit the website and create an account.

I did complete the first few tasks of the Charms activity. It doesn't seem like much more than a clever demo of the Sixaxis controller...six years too late. Not exactly an engrossing game.
castle3
Message 7 of 7 (294 Views)
0 Likes